• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hi House,

I was able to purchase a two-way ticket for my wife and myself to New York @ the cost of 1,331USD each from Delta Airlines. As adviced by Gh-Man, i went to
United Airlines office to enquire about the cost of ticket to New York and it was 1,560USD. It was a transit via WDC. I also realised that these two airlines fly direct to different states in the US so depending on where one is going, it's better to check out the one that offers a lower fare.

Good, you are now on course! Welcome to America.
Hope you have a better preparation and safe journey to the US.
When the time draws near for you to depart,
let us know so we can invoke the holy spirit to protect you on your way.

Good, you are now on course! Welcome to America.
Hope you have a better preparation and safe journey to the US.
When the time draws near for you to depart,
let us know so we can invoke the holy spirit to protect you on your way.

Hi ammeck,

I will definitely keep the house inform when the time draws nearer. For preparation wise, I’m 95% through.

Hi ammeck,

I will definitely keep the house inform when the time draws nearer. For preparation wise, I’m 95% through.

Alexee
Congratulations my bro. I wish you a life full of success in land of the free and the home of the brave.
Keep us posted on your itenary.

Hi House,

I was able to purchase a two-way ticket for my wife and myself to New York @ the cost of 1,331USD each from Delta Airlines. As adviced by Gh-Man, i went to
United Airlines office to enquire about the cost of ticket to New York and it was 1,560USD. It was a transit via WDC. I also realised that these two airlines fly direct to different states in the US so depending on where one is going, it's better to check out the one that offers a lower fare.

Alexee,
Good to hear that your preparations are far advanced. The mercies of the lord shall always be on you.

@Ammeck09 Thanks for providing me with the information, I will try and make a booking by the close of day today.
To all forumites who are yet to go for the interviews, please remember that proper preparations and prayers are the keys to success. God bless.

hi guys, i really need advice. when i was sending the forms, i put my brother's usa address on item 10. My brother has since moved and he gave me the new address. when i called kcc, the wanted me to give them the old address first, which i did, problem is, they are saying that it doesnt match with what they have and thus have refused to do anything for me. I think it was a typing error but am expected to remember the error. WHat should i do?

hi guys, i really need advice. when i was sending the forms, i put my brother's usa address on item 10. My brother has since moved and he gave me the new address. when i called kcc, the wanted me to give them the old address first, which i did, problem is, they are saying that it doesnt match with what they have and thus have refused to do anything for me. I think it was a typing error but am expected to remember the error. WHat should i do?

Becks,

Please note that it's always important to keep copies of such forms. Like in your case and that of many that have been posted on the entire forum, it's clear that people make typographical mistakes in filling the forms. They are able to see it and rectify it @ a later date because they keep copies of the forms. Assuming your brother did not change his address and you really made a mistake in relation to the address, your green card and social security card would have been sent to a different address. I guess this should be a lesson.

Back to your question, kindly send them an email requesting to change your address and let see. Just give them the new one but don't forget to state your full name, date of birth and case number. All the best and let us know their response.

This thread is getting quiet nowadays. Guys what is up?
What about those who went for their interviews today?

I also don't know why computeck and americanbound have deserted us. They would have been great help to us in terms of the current economic situation in the states.

Hi Guys, I have already started looking for a job online in the US and God being so good i'm about to find one soon in one of the telecom companies. I just need a recommendation from my current job. I believe if we can we shouldn't wait till we get there before looking for a job. Its important. Also, does anybody know any church or organization who offers help to immigrants who do not have anywhere to stay in the US? I have a friend who needs help b'cos the one who promise to accommodate him says she cant accept him anymore b'cos she's afraid of the husband. I think she didn't tell the husband earlier and he became wild. I read it somewhere on the forum that there are some organizations or churches that can help people in such situations.
Please any info on this? God Bless all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, I have already started looking for a job online in the US and God being so good i'm about to find one soon in one of the telecom companies. I just need a recommendation from my current job. I believe if we can we shouldn't wait till we get there before looking for a job. Its important. Also, does anybody know any church or organization who offers help to immigrants who do not have anywhere to stay in the US? I have a friend who needs help b'cos the one who promise to accommodate him says she cant accept him anymore b'cos she's afraid of the husband. I think she didn't tell the husband earlier and he became wild. I read it somewhere on the forum that there are some organizations or churches that can help people in such situations.

Is your friend ready to pay rent straight-away?

Guys, I'm moving to the US on August 30 with my whole family. All the necessary preparations has been done, e.g. flight booked, accommodation secured, goods packed, etc, except getting a job. I don't have plans to apply for one before moving.

Hopefully with His favour, by the evening of Tuesday 30 August I will be in the US, MD.

Your friend's best bet is to look for his owm friends and relatives who know other people in the US. Because they will be in the best position to vouch for him and as it were guarantee his character. On this forum it will be difficult unless you have been able to extablish personal relationship with them. Your friend should also prepare very well financially bcos he cannot stay very long with somebody that he does not know. There are exceptions though but we want to be realistic here.

Your friend's best bet is to look for his owm friends and relatives who know other people in the US. Because they will be in the best position to vouch for him and as it were guarantee his character. On this forum it will be difficult unless you have been able to extablish personal relationship with them. Your friend should also prepare very well financially bcos he cannot stay very long with somebody that he does not know. There are exceptions though but we want to be realistic here.

DonKey, thanks for your advice. I think a agree with you.

JKO, I think this is a good advice from DonKay.