• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

hi guys,plx when do u think cn:2010AF00055*** wil be current

Friend,

It is current - August numbers are 64,300 for Africa. Need to keep a watch on the visa bulletin friend, although not any more:)

Please update your signature (at the top, under Settings). Are you doing AOS or CP, and if CP, where?

All the best.

hi

Am doin CP,Ghana cn:2010AF00055*** What documents should i start gathering now since am current.EVERYTHING WILL BE OK BY GODS GRACE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, for those who have got the second letter from KCC, which info does it contain ? is it the one specifying officially the date of the interview or...?

This is the information I found in the 2nd letter:

1. Sheet 1
Dear DV Applicant, this is an official notice that it is now possible for you to pursue your application for DV-2010 visa. If you fail to obtain a DV-2010 visa by September 30, 2010, your registration will expire. This letter contains the interview date and time. It also states that all members of the applicant's family listed on an attached page must appear at the appointment date. The total fees for the DV lottery is also quoted on this sheet together.
REMINDERS
-original or certified copies of all docs must be brought to the visa interview
-nedical examinations must be completed before the interview
-the correct size and number of photographs for all applicants must be brought to the visa interview
-failure to present all of the necessary docs could result in denial of the visa

2. Another sheet list the applicant and his/her dependants

3. The 3rd sheet list documents to submit for the visa interview:
-passports
-birth cert
-adoption cert
-deed poll
-marriage cert
-divorce decree or death cert
-military service record
-police cert
-court records
-photographs (two photographs. Only one is required if you have already submitted a photograph to KCC)
-high school deploma
-evidence of support (they mention I-134 )
-translations
-medical exams cert
-all docs submitted must be original

If you have children who will be moving with you, it's now obligatory for them to be present and must submit all their docs.

Basically, this is all the information you need. Hope you get yours soon.

This is the information I found in the 2nd letter:

1. Sheet 1
Dear DV Applicant, this is an official notice that it is now possible for you to pursue your application for DV-2010 visa. If you fail to obtain a DV-2010 visa by September 30, 2010, your registration will expire. This letter contains the interview date and time. It also states that all members of the applicant's family listed on an attached page must appear at the appointment date. The total fees for the DV lottery is also quoted on this sheet together.
REMINDERS
-original or certified copies of all docs must be brought to the visa interview
-nedical examinations must be completed before the interview
-the correct size and number of photographs for all applicants must be brought to the visa interview
-failure to present all of the necessary docs could result in denial of the visa

2. Another sheet list the applicant and his/her dependants

3. The 3rd sheet list documents to submit for the visa interview:
-passports
-birth cert
-adoption cert
-deed poll
-marriage cert
-divorce decree or death cert
-military service record
-police cert
-court records
-photographs (two photographs. Only one is required if you have already submitted a photograph to KCC)
-high school deploma
-evidence of support (they mention I-134 )
-translations
-medical exams cert
-all docs submitted must be original

If you have children who will be moving with you, it's now obligatory for them to be present and must submit all their docs.

Basically, this is all the information you need. Hope you get yours soon.

Ammocke09

Evidence of support (I-134)
Do we also need to submit this form?

Ammocke09

Evidence of support (I-134)
Do we also need to submit this form?

It was stated on the 2nd letter - that means it's one of the required documents to submit. I don't know whether this is stated in 2nd letters to Kenyans but I'm sure in most African countries they do normally ask for it. The period you're having your interview is too close to the end of the fiscal year (September 30), therefore you should not leave anything to chances. I wish you had one before going for your interview because if you're ask to submit one after your interview there is the possibility that you will not complete the process before September 30..

Hi yaro,

For the date given, i don't think they may call you guys to come earlier than that. It's only when you are not given a date that they may call you to come on a date that will be okay to them. In any case just prepare and be ready for them.

I was put through adm processing and to be honest with you the anxiety was too much for me. There is no need to worry if all your documents are authentic also if you guys provided a house number on your application forms they may come around your area to enquire from your neighbors the authenticity of your marriage. In my case, we did not provide house numbers on our forms so they did not come to our area. That not withstanding, i did my home work. I remember i alerted a lady who operates a provision store in front of our house that if anybody comes looking for me; she should know what to say. It was then that she told me that a similar incidence happened two years ago, she said two guys came to our area with a picture of a guy and his wife who reside in the neighborhood and they were trying to find out if she knows them but she denied knowing them. You know in our part of the world we just don't disclose the identities of our neighbors to people we don’t know.

Regarding my experience, a call first came to me but the line wasn't clear so i could hardly hear what the person was saying. All l heard was is this ....... (my name). After ten minutes, my wife phone rang and i answered it, the person ask to speak to ....... (my wife). He asked my wife where she is and she mentioned it, my wife asked who she's speaking to and the line went dead. It was then that it occurred to me that the voice sounded like the one who called me and when i check the number, it was the same number that called my wife. Few calls came to her after-wards and in one of those calls; the person said she met my wife without a wedding ring. In a nut shell, she was trying to behave as if she met my wife some few weeks ago and she was making a follow-up call.

To conclude, there's no need to worry if you know all your documents are authentic. Just make sure you do your home work well and you will sail through. All the best.

@ alexee
I just read this your post, so you went through all these? I think it's a form of torture if you are put under administrative process.

I got the visas for myself, my wife and my three lovely kids today and i will brief the house the most amazing things about my experience on monday..........................................help me thank the almighty lord for the grace he has showered on my family!!!i will brief the house on monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hardboy, have you collected your visa and could you narrate to the house your interview experience?

Hi computek & americanbound,

Where are you guys? You guys are our only source of information about the US so please let's hear from you.

hi guys,pls want you to help with a little problem.i dont have enough money on me thus money for visa and medical fees for my wife and i.so i have decided to let my wife stay back at the time of my interview.my question is that isnt that goin to affect my chances and isnt there going to be so many questions for me since my wife will not be around.pls i need help?

hi guys,pls want you to help me with a little problem.i dont have enough money on me thus money for visa and medical fees for my wife and i.so i have decided to let my wife stay back at the time of my interview.my question is that isnt that goin to affect my chances and isnt there going to be so many questions for me since my wife will not be around.pls i need help?

hi

hi guys,pls want you to help me with a little problem.i dont have enough money on me thus money for visa and medical fees for my wife and i.so i have decided to let my wife stay back at the time of my interview.my question is that isnt that goin to affect my chances and isnt there going to be so many questions for me since my wife will not be around.pls i need help?

You can opt to go alone but you have to be mindful that you can't come for your wife (can't sponsor her to join you) until after 5 years when you have passed your citizenship test and obtained your American passport. It wouldn't affect your chances but if you are asked why she is not going with you, you need to give a good explanation.