• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

You can opt to go alone but you have to be mindful that you can't come for your wife (can't sponsor her to join you) until after 5 years when you have passed your citizenship test and obtained your American passport. It wouldn't affect your chances but if you are asked why she is not going with you, you need to give a good explanation.

Thanx very much ammeck09 am very grateful

Guys, at the appropriate time I will give the full version of my dv visa experience.

Could we hear from the guys already in the US?

@alexee, any update on flight tickets? Are you getting some better deals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, at the appropriate time I will give the full version of my dv visa experience.

Could we here from the guys already in the US?

Ammeck09,

We need the expirence but hold on a minute, ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT YOUR VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED?

Ammeck09,
You seem to knw everything. LOL. Well, here's my request:
I'm a Cameroonian living in Cape Town and will have my interview in Johannesburg. Do you think the affidavit of support (i-134 form) is COMPULSORY for me as a single student?

Ammeck09,

We need the expirence but hold on a minute, ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT YOUR VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED?

Not yet, that's is why I said 'at the appropriate time'.
There is nothing holding the issue of the visa, just that when you miss your chance of completing all the paper work before your interview, it takes them a while to prepare the visa. I am not worried about the waiting time once I know there are no technical hitches about my case/application.

There is nothing holding the issue of the visa, just that when you miss your chance of completing all the paper work before your interview, it takes them a while to prepare the visa. I am not worried about the waiting time once I know there are no technical hitches about my case/application.

Hi Ameck, we are all with you in prayers . Let the word of God be your guide.

Habakkuk 2
3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.

Amen, stay blessed!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
Ghanaians making travel arrangements, check out for this article from joyfm web site which states "United Airline will run daily non-stop flights from Washington Dulles to Accra, using Boeing 767-300 plane with promotional fares starting from $849."

I think this will be a good deal. news.myjoyonline.com/business/201006/48074.asp

hi,
Ghanaians making travel arrangements, check out for this article from joyfm web site which states "United Airline will run daily non-stop flights from Washington Dulles to Accra, using Boeing 767-300 plane with promotional fares starting from $849."

I think this will be a good deal. news.myjoyonline.com/business/201006/48074.asp

Yaro, your post sounded too good to be true so i crossed check from myjoyonline.com and it was there life and coloured. Thank you for this vital information.

Thank God that you are not worried, we know that the good news will be shared on this forum very soon.

Could we here from the guys already in the US?

Ammeck about the ticket, i was holding on to the one i got from Delta but thank God Yaro alerted us about United Airline deal. I will check on them too.

Ammeck09,
You seem to knw everything. LOL. Well, here's my request:
I'm a Cameroonian living in Cape Town and will have my interview in Johannesburg. Do you think the affidavit of support (i-134 form) is COMPULSORY for me as a single student?

In some countries a financial document is a requirement (stated in the 2nd letter) while in some countries they do not ask for it. It all depend on where you will be having your interview and if it's in Cape Town (South Africa) you may likely be required to submit one.

Each immigrant visa applicant needs to satisfy the consular officer that he/she will not become a public charge. In all dv cases, the petitioner must submit a financial document in a form of completed affidavit of support (form I-134) or bank statements or letter of employment (from a US-based company) to show that the applicant(s) will not become a public charge.

It's up to the consular officer whether to ask for it or not. But in South Africa, most applicant are asked to submit a financial document to show that they will not become a public charge in the US.

Hello Everyone, I have a question.
I have noticed that sometimes, in the same country, someone with a lower case number may be scheduled later (in the same month) that someone with a somewhat higher CN. I was told that this is due to the fact that once one's date become current, what KCC consider is now the date they received the applicant's form. Can you confirm if this is true ?.
My concern is the fact that my CN is AF70*** but I sent my form in December. I was told that once africa becomes current, those with much higher case number, like AF80*** may be scheduled much earlier than me, because they will also be current and provided they sent their form earlier than me. Is it true ?

I have noticed that sometimes, in the same country, someone with a lower case number may be scheduled later (in the same month) that someone with a somewhat higher CN. I was told that this is due to the fact that once one's date become current, what KCC consider is now the date they received the applicant's form. Can you confirm if this is true ?.
My concern is the fact that my CN is AF70*** but I sent my form in December. I was told that once africa becomes current, those with much higher case number, like AF80*** may be scheduled much earlier than me, because they will also be current and provided they sent their form earlier than me. Is it true ?

If you have received confirmation from kcc that they have received and processed your application, then you nothing to fear if your number becomes current. Ciao

Hi my brothers Ammeck and Alexee,

I sent a mail to KCC to confirm my interview date last 2 weeks thursday (10th June) the reply was that this case number has been schedule for visa processing however i should inquire back in 7 to 10 working days to confirm my date.

I sent another mail last week Thursday, my friends up till this moment no response. It is some how strange.

Please is there any explaination. Though i sent another mail yesterday, i am also thinking of calling KCC tomorrow.

Ammeck about the ticket, i was holding on to the one i got from Delta but thank God Yaro alerted us about United Airline deal. I will check on them too.

Good to hear you are currently holding on to one. Well you can ccheck the Delta deal also, I just read it from Ghanaweb.

Hi Ameck, we are all with you in prayers . Let the word of God be your guide.

Habakkuk 2
3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.

Amen, stay blessed!

Thanks JKO for your prayers and words of encouragement. I know the good Lord has already done it, I'm just waiting for it to be delivered.

hi,

Thanks for the information, it will really help our fellow Ghanaians. Guys already holding onto their visa should do as much as possible to get this promotional tickets.

Hi my brothers Ammeck and Alexee,

I sent a mail to KCC to confirm my interview date last 2 weeks thursday (10th June) the reply was that this case number has been schedule for visa processing however i should inquire back in 7 to 10 working days to confirm my date.

I sent another mail last week Thursday, my friends up till this moment no response. It is some how strange.

Please is there any explaination. Though i sent another mail yesterday, i am also thinking of calling KCC tomorrow.

Joequi I just feel they may be too busy, though it normally takes 2-4 working days to answer emails, sometimes they could have more
work than their usual schedule hence causing late replies of mails. When they said 7-10 working days maybe then they haven't fixed
a date for your interview, so you should contact them after that period by that time them must have been a date for your case number.
Relax and I'm sure tomorrow or next or latest friday they will reply you with date

Joequi I just feel they may be too busy, though it normally takes 2-4 working days to answer emails, sometimes they could have more
work than their usual schedule hence causing late replies of mails. When they said 7-10 working days maybe then they haven't fixed
a date for your interview, so you should contact them after that period by that time them must have been a date for your case number.
Relax and I'm sure tomorrow or next or latest friday they will reply you with date

Thanks man, i will relax.

I am not sure anyone in this forum could give you an accurate answer to your question. Everything we say here about the workings of the CN are all speculations - non of us work for KCC and KCC does not explain how they schedule their interviews except what we all know that lower CNs will have their interview before those with higher CNs. There are many options that we may look at but they all boils down to speculation.

The schedule of CN for interviews may depend on when you submitted your forms back to KCC, thus if someone with AF23,000 and another with AF27,000 are current in the same month but the one with AF27,000 submitted his forms earlier than the one with AF23,000 - then the one with AF27,000 may be scheduled interview earlier than the AF23,000. It could also be that when these numbers are current in the same month, then they will use aphabetical order of names to schedule the interviews. So if the winner with AF27,000 surnname begins with A, then he might get an earlier interview than the winner with AF23,000 whose surname begins with T. These explanations are based on the premises that both winners are having their interviews in the same consulate.

If they are from different countries in African and having their interviews in separate countries, then the schedule of the interview could depend on the volume of applications the consulate receives and deals with.

Everyone can speculate how the interviews are scheduled but non of them comes from KCC. If you read the dv instruction well, it tells us that interviews are scheduled according to Case Numbers, thus a winner with a lower case number will have his interview earlier than the one with a lower case number. This is understandable given that if I have a lower CN which becomes current in March and another with a higher CN which will become current in May, then obviously I will have my interview in March provided all things being equal while the other guy will have his in May. What we all don't know is how they schedule interviews for winners who became current in the same month. Is't automatic that the one with lower CN will have his interview before the one with a higher CN, though both were current in the same month? This is not always the case based on what we have seen from the schedule of dv interviews of American embassy in Ankara (Turkey). http://turkey.usembassy.gov/schedule_dv.html