• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hi my brothers Ammeck and Alexee,

I sent a mail to KCC to confirm my interview date last 2 weeks thursday (10th June) the reply was that this case number has been schedule for visa processing however i should inquire back in 7 to 10 working days to confirm my date.

I sent another mail last week Thursday, my friends up till this moment no response. It is some how strange.

Please is there any explaination. Though i sent another mail yesterday, i am also thinking of calling KCC tomorrow.

I'm sure they are still working on scheduling the date for your interview that is why they have delayed in replying to your email. I'm optimistic that you will get a reply this week. Go grab it!

I sent a mail to KCC to confirm my interview date last 2 weeks thursday (10th June) the reply was that this case number has been schedule for visa processing however i should inquire back in 7 to 10 working days to confirm my date.

I sent another mail last week Thursday, my friends up till this moment no response. It is some how strange.

Please is there any explaination. Though i sent another mail yesterday, i am also thinking of calling KCC tomorrow.

My brother, Baba God dey control so no fears. I'm sure they are busy working on 2010 and 2011 as well.

Thank you so much, for taking the time to read and answer my question
The reason I was asking is because I was notified, but I currently live in the US with an F1 (student) visa. My CN being very high, AOS is just not an option. So I'm considering going back to the country for the interview. However, I have to be very careful because by filling the petition, I've shown immigrant intent,so in case my interview goes wrong, I won't be able (ever ?) to come back in the US and finish my studies! It is therefore a big risk I'm taking, and I'm gonna take it only if my interview is not scheduled to close to the end of september (my CN is 70***)
I have heard stories of people receiving the 2nd NL, but when they showed up for the interview, the consular agents didn't even bother take the fee, telling them that the end of the fiscal year is too close for them to make a background check. so if my interview is scheduled for after september 15th, then I think I may not go.

Ameck & Alexee,

I have gotten a response from KCC, my interview date is 1st week of August.

One love

To the Black Stars, thank you for making mother Ghana and the whole African continent proud. We salute you and we say ayeekooo!!

Hey guys, I am Ghanaian and have already sent my forms to KCC and waiting to be current. So you guys can tell me what to do whilst waiting to appear for the consular interview. Thanks

Immano,
Sorry I saw your message only today. May be its cos I'm not so conversant with navigating the website. I tried replying but I'm not sure if you got the reply. We can talk when you have the time.

Immano,
Sorry I saw your message only today. May be its cos I'm not so conversant with navigating the website. I tried replying but I'm not sure if you got the reply. We can talk when you have the time.

Don Kay
Seems you and I will be current in SEptember. Pray for me as I pray for you.
One love

Hi guys (DonKay and Oliseh), you will be current in September and I'm optimistic that both of you will sail through. I will not cease praying until I hear the good news from you guys.

Hi guys (DonKay and Oliseh), you will be current in September and I'm optimistic that both of you will sail through. I will not cease praying until I hear the good news from you guys.

Thanks for your support Ammeck, we are also praying for you to get your visa quickly. The house will really be in a joyous mood on that day. BTW, if I'm physically present in Ghana and process my PC with the fingerprints done in Ghana, will this be acceptable to the US embassy in London? I'm of the opinion that they require the Scotland yard one because the person is not physically present in Ghana when the PC is done. Or is it because they just do not trust the fingerprints from Ghana. Your thoughts will be very much appreciated.

my guy, how come u became current b4 joequi wen ur CN i higher dan his own, wat the logic?

He is a Ghanaian while joequi is a Nigerian and you know Nigeria is separated from the rest of Africa. Ghana forms part of Africa - that is why he had his interview long time before even joequi became current.

my guy, how come u became current b4 joequi wen ur CN i higher dan his own, wat the logic?

Hi Kenny,
Alexee is from Ghana while Joequi is from Nigeria. The visa bulletin gives the cut off number for Nigeria, Egypt and Ethiopia separately from the rest of Africa. Usually the cut off for the rest of Africa is much higher for the three countries. In August for instance while interviews for the rest of Africa is CNs below 64,300, that for Nigeria is below 22,000. Thus you can see that someone with CN 64,300 in other parts of Africa will get an earlier interview date than someone with CN 22,500 from Nigeria

Thanks for your support Ammeck, we are also praying for you to get your visa quickly. The house will really be in a joyous mood on that day. BTW, if I'm physically present in Ghana and process my PC with the fingerprints done in Ghana, will this be acceptable to the US embassy in London? I'm of the opinion that they require the Scotland yard one because the person is not physically present in Ghana when the PC is done. Or is it because they just do not trust the fingerprints from Ghana. Your thoughts will be very much appreciated.

If you currently live or work in Ghana then you can use a fingerprint obtainable from Ghana. If on the other hand you are in Ghana for a short period then they may like you to get your fingerprint done in the UK.