• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

naaa, why don't you use maybe commissioner of oath/ notary public officer instead of you doing it yourself?

Ammeck, as you can see from my piece, I have passed through a lot of channels to have my fingerprints, but to no avail. I spoke to a lawyer who's going to contact the police for me. She says the law of this country forbids her as a lawyer in Italy to take my fingerprints. I have sent a mail to the consular (US embassy in Naples) to advise me, so bro, I am doing things in my own way.
I pray that your case is approved and visa granted as a early as possible.

Naa,
This is an excerpt of the relevant provision regarding your case. I believe you'll be able to sail through with it.

Fingerprints should be taken by a local police official and bear an official stamp, or be taken before an attorney and certified. The official should also verify the identity of the individual being fingerprinted by noting the details of the identification document.

Cheers

Donkay, I agree with what you saying, but the local police here is not ready to cede to my request unless I present an official letter from the consular office of the US embassy in Naples. I went to see a lawyer, but she says under the italian law, it's only the police that can take fingerprints. Still hoping. Ciao

Donkay, I agree with what you saying, but the local police here is not ready to cede to my request unless I present an official letter from the consular office of the US embassy in Naples. I went to see a lawyer, but she says under the italian law, it's only the police that can take fingerprints. Still hoping. Ciao

So they are not even accepting a printout from the Ghana Police and the US Department of State websites about the process to get your fingerprint done when residing abroad? I am just asking this in case you have not thought about it.

So they are not even accepting a printout from the Ghana Police and the US Department of State websites about the process to get your fingerprint done when residing abroad? I am just asking this in case you have not thought about it.

Ammeck, I showed them the printout not even in english, but in italian, but they would not have none of it after reading and jumping from one office to the other. Ciao

hmmm..., my application was not put on AP, it was simply the delay of the medical report. I have contacted the Doctors and they said the medical report has been sent about 7 wks ago so I am still at a lost as to why the delay. All the same I am not perturb about the delay, my only worry is that it is delaying the time I wanted to book my flight ticket - because it is getting dearer as my planned moving date gets closer. God is in control!

I like that! GOD IS IN CONTROL!!!

Ammeck, I showed them the printout not even in english, but in italian, but they would not have none of it after reading and jumping from one office to the other. Ciao

It's hard ooo, well if I get the chance I will call my brother in Ghana to contact someone on your behalf with regard to the fingerprint issue.

Hi All,

I was at the embassy today and i’m so happy everything went smoothly by the grace of God.

MY EXPERIENCE

My name was mentioned so I went with my family to the mindow 6 and just submitted the remaining documents required on the yellow sheet (My baby’s passport and medical). The CO started typing something and said “come for your visas on ……. and please you don’t have to come with the whole family again” So she picked the blue visa collection ticket for me, and that was all.

Let me use this opportunity to thank the almighty God for His grace and mercy towards all of us on this forum. I believe with God all things are possible, and those of you still waiting should know that it is already accomplished.

Ameck & Alexee, God blessed you for your assistance and all the ideas you have impacted in us. God will surely remember you guys.

Hi All,

I was at the embassy today and i’m so happy everything went smoothly by the grace of God.

MY EXPERIENCE

My name was mentioned so I went with my family to the mindow 6 and just submitted the remaining documents required on the yellow sheet (My baby’s passport and medical). The CO started typing something and said “come for your visas on ……. and please you don’t have to come with the whole family again” So she picked the blue visa collection ticket for me, and that was all.

Let me use this opportunity to thank the almighty God for His grace and mercy towards all of us on this forum. I believe with God all things are possible, and those of you still waiting should know that it is already accomplished.

Ameck & Alexee, God blessed you for your assistance and all the ideas you have impacted in us. God will surely remember you guys.

Amen
Pray for us too that our inteviews be successful in September when we become current

Hi All,

MY EXPERIENCE

Hi JKO,

Congrats to you and your family.

Hi Oliseh,
I will. Just make sure your documents are genuine and you have no problem. I overheard the CO telling one guy who was refused that, his marriage was a fake and the guy was trying to explain something but he was refused. Remember to also wait on God for nothing good comes easily sometimes. You are already a winner.

Hi All,

MY EXPERIENCE

Congrats JKO, wish you smooth preparation towards your move.

Hi All,

MY EXPERIENCE

jko do u mean u were not asked any question at all? Congrats.

Hi All,

MY EXPERIENCE

Congratsssss.

When applying for DV Lottery , can one use his cellular phone camera to take passport photo or must the person use an ordinary camera ? Please advice

Hey guys
I'm Cameroonian studying in Cape Town and had my interview yesterday in Johannesburg. I'm happy to announce yall that it was successful and the passport will be delivered to me on Tuesday.
Good luck to yall

CN-2010AF000531XX
NL SENT BY KCC: MAY 28, 09
NL RECEIVED: JULY 14, 09
NL SENT BACK: JULY 17, 09
Current: JULY 2010
2nd NL sent: MAY 14, 2010
2nd NL recieved: MAY 26, 2010
Started medicals: JUNE 4, 2010
Completed Medicals: JUNE 9, 2010
Police Report Completed: JUNE 29, 2010
Interview date: Thursday, JULY 1, 2010