• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Guys, I got a reply from the embassy that my visa application is in the final stages of processing. Hope it will be ready in a week or two.

That is very encouraging as this will crown a very long and fruitful fight. Stay blessed.

just picked up my visa in may.
straight through process.
please dont bring fake documents.
these people are experts at what they do.
good luck to you all..

better go with her.
arrange for her to be there please.
its very important. my wife was not asked a single question, but they wanted to see us both and even my 15months old son.
for visa pickup, i'm not sure they need her, but for the interview, she needs to be there...

besides, they will also take her finger prints, so she better come along man...$775 plus medical fees, plus other miscelanous is not small money in this recession period man...

I think u need to tell why she's not going with u for us to know the advices that will suit the reason.

just picked up my visa in may.
straight through process.
please dont bring fake documents.
these people are experts at what they do.
good luck to you all..

satanga, could we know a little bit about you? Where you are from, where you did your interview, single or married, your interview experience, etc.
Hope this will help others in the forum.

Hi guys. Please I want to know whether it is very necessary to get your affidavit of support before you go for your interview. I also learn that it is not necessary to take it along.

Hi guys. Please I want to know whether it is very necessary to get your affidavit of support before you go for your interview. I also learn that it is not necessary to take it along.

If u are having ur interview in Accra then it's mandatory u provide one during ur interview.
Gudluck!!!

As mentioned above, if you are having your interview in Accra then you need it but if it's Nigeria then it may not be needed.

ammeck09
why the difference in requirements between Accra and Lagos? Just some bit of clarification.

Oliseh,
Not really but so far from the interview expirence read so far from both countries, it has become factual that Nigerians are not asked of AOS while Ghanaians are asked. Base on this information, it's necessary to go with one when you will have your interview in Ghana and non when in Nigeria.

Help

will it be a problem if the address i will staying is different from my Affidavit Of Support???
my sponsor disappointed me.. Has any1 xperienced this?

will it be a problem if the address i will staying is different from my Affidavit Of Support???

We have had similar cases like urs before now, just that I don't know the exact thread. Yes is possible to stay in a different address
than that of ur sponsor.

Cheers!!!

Go to the interview with the address of the person who has given you the affidavit of support and tell the consular officer you want to change the address of the person who you will be staying to your sponsor's address. Let your sponsor be aware that you have put his address as the person you will be staying with so that he can confirm in case he is contacted.

Last year some Ghanaians were refused their visas because their sponsor's and the place they will live have different addresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA CURRENT Except:
Ethiopia: 26,350

ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT
OCEANIA CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA CURRENT Except:
Ethiopia: 26,350

ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT
OCEANIA CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT
This is good new to all 2010 DV. I prayed that all of us might have a chance to be interviewed. God grace be upon us all as we prepare for September interview.