• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hi yaro,

Congrats in advance. Come August, your case will be approved and you will have your visa. I'm sure on the blue form you were given, the circle awaiting administrative processing results. Also both of you should be alert when you receive calls and the person tries to tell you that he or she met you without a wedding ring. It happened to us and we suspected that it might be officials from the embassy. Congrats once again.

hi Alexee,
thanks and A BIG AMEN to ur statement "Come August, your case will be approved and you will have your visa"

Yes on the blue sheet they circled awaiting administrative processing results. thanks for the information.I and my wife will be glad to hear more from you since u had been thru admin processing before especially since my wife is not presently with me because she is in school now. is it also possible that they will call us to come b4 the date given to us to come?

thanks

hi Alexee,
thanks and A BIG AMEN to ur statement "Come August, your case will be approved and you will have your visa"

Yes on the blue sheet they circled awaiting administrative processing results. thanks for the information.I and my wife will be glad to hear more from you since u had been thru admin processing before especially since my wife is not presently with me because she is in school now. is it also possible that they will call us to come b4 the date given to us to come?

thanks

Hi yaro,

For the date given, i don't think they may call you guys to come earlier than that. It's only when you are not given a date that they may call you to come on a date that will be okay to them. In any case just prepare and be ready for them.

I was put through adm processing and to be honest with you the anxiety was too much for me. There is no need to worry if all your documents are authentic also if you guys provided a house number on your application forms they may come around your area to enquire from your neighbors the authenticity of your marriage. In my case, we did not provide house numbers on our forms so they did not come to our area. That not withstanding, i did my home work. I remember i alerted a lady who operates a provision store in front of our house that if anybody comes looking for me; she should know what to say. It was then that she told me that a similar incidence happened two years ago, she said two guys came to our area with a picture of a guy and his wife who reside in the neighborhood and they were trying to find out if she knows them but she denied knowing them. You know in our part of the world we just don't disclose the identities of our neighbors to people we don’t know.

Regarding my experience, a call first came to me but the line wasn't clear so i could hardly hear what the person was saying. All l heard was is this ....... (my name). After ten minutes, my wife phone rang and i answered it, the person ask to speak to ....... (my wife). He asked my wife where she is and she mentioned it, my wife asked who she's speaking to and the line went dead. It was then that it occurred to me that the voice sounded like the one who called me and when i check the number, it was the same number that called my wife. Few calls came to her after-wards and in one of those calls; the person said she met my wife without a wedding ring. In a nut shell, she was trying to behave as if she met my wife some few weeks ago and she was making a follow-up call.

To conclude, there's no need to worry if you know all your documents are authentic. Just make sure you do your home work well and you will sail through. All the best.

Hi guys
I just joined the forum today. im a kenyan and my CN is2010 AF000650XX.I have been going through the ghana and kenya thread and found a lot of useful info about dv 2010. I have one quiz though about family name. I have a small mistake in my passport and my secondary certificate.
My family name is Nyong'o.
In my passport its written Nyongo
I school cert its written Nyong'o
In the forms I sent back to kentucky I wrote Nyongo (same as pasport).
Can this jeopordise my chance?if so, what action can I take before I become current?
Any advice?

Hi guys
I just joined the forum today. im a kenyan and my CN is2010 AF000650XX.I have been going through the ghana and kenya thread and found a lot of useful info about dv 2010. I have one quiz though about family name. I have a small mistake in my passport and my secondary certificate.
My family name is Nyong'o.
In my passport its written Nyongo
I school cert its written Nyong'o
In the forms I sent back to kentucky I wrote Nyongo (same as pasport).
Can this jeopordise my chance?if so, what action can I take before I become current?
Any advice?

I don't think it will cause any major problem. Since you have decided to use Nyongo instead of Nyong'o, you need to maintain that and you should be prepared to defend it during your interview. Also, since there is nothing wrong with the information given to KCC, I don't think there is the need to contact them. If you want to contact them, just explain it like you have done above. At least it will be recorded on your file and the consular may be aware of the problem before your interview.

btw, what name did you used during the dv online application?

I don't think it will cause any major problem. Since you have decided to use Nyongo instead of Nyong'o, you need to maintain that and you should be prepared to defend it during your interview. Also, since there is nothing wrong with the information given to KCC, I don't think there is the need to contact them. If you want to contact them, just explain it like you have done above. At least it will be recorded on your file and the consular may be aware of the problem before your interview.

btw, what name did you used during the dv online application?

ammeck
thanks alot for the info.
i used nyongo during dv application
i will write to them and explain the situation.

ammeck
thanks alot for the info.
i used nyongo during dv application
i will write to them and explain the situation.

With the exception of your school cert, you have used Nyongo in all other documents - therefore it's expedient to continue using that name henceforth.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERINCE
We got to the embassy at 05:45am and at 07:15am we formed a queue for the inspection of our appointment letters and also deposited our cell phones and all electronics devices at the security post.
Finally we went through the security check and entered inside but all the seats were occupied so we stood there for a while and when the security officer saw my wife standing he gave my wife a place to sit because of our baby. They started mentioning our names at the window 1 and we were given a form to complete by a Ghanaian lady if you qualify base on education or occupation and another 2 additional forms to complete for my wife and baby. After completing the forms we were asked to go and pay. I paid $775 x3 and I realized the dollar rate at the embassy was a bit high as compare to town. The embassy’s rate was gh¢ 1.5 but in town it was gh¢ 1.45. Anyway, after paying the fees we were asked to come back to window 1 and submit our documents so I submitted our birth certificates, 2 passports for myself and my wife, AOS, police report for myself and my wife, high school certificates, a letter from my company, professional training certificates, and a letter from my university including my results slip since I have not completed and have one more semester to go I couldn’t get my transcript. After submitting these documents my application form DS-230 was given to me so I went and sat by my wife and we started praying, and all I could hear was security Please come to window 9. I thing the guy there used some fake documents so the security took him away. Please don’t try anything fictitious you would be caught. My name was mentioned again at window 2 to take our finger prints so we did that and now the interview started.
Co: do you swear that what you say is the truth?

CO: what is your name?
Me: answered

CO: what is your DOB?

CO: have you completed the university?
Me: I am supposed to complete this year

CO: What are you studying?
Me: Bsc electrical/electronics eng.

CO: name some of the courses for the semester?
Me: Answer
CO: what tools do you use as an electrical/electronics engineer?
Me: Answer correctly
CO: what is your position in your company?
Me: Answer, and gave him the letter from my company so he read through the letter.
CO: what specifically do you do?

CO: Is the baby your child?
Me: yes
CO: when was he born?
CO: which hospital was he born?
CO: in Accra?
CO: were you there when your wife was giving birth?
CO: Who did you name you child after?
CO: was he born on Thursday?
CO: what is your wife’s DOB?
CO: Why was she born in UK?
CO: Can you go and sit and call your wife?
Me: OK
MY WIFE
CO: what is your husband’s DOB?
Wife: Answer

CO: why were you born in UK?
Wife: Answer correctly

CO: Was he around when you were giving birth?
Wife: answer
CO: which hospital?
CO: Is your husband’s parents living together?
CO: Call your husband now?
Wife: ok
CO: we will need the baby’s passport and medicals so you will go back to the same clinic and do the medical for your baby and come back on June 30. Please remember his passport too.
CO: picked up blue sheet. No, tore it into two and picked up yellow
Me: in my heard “Oh God have mercy”
CO: Bye, see you again.
Me: God bless you, bye.
That was the end. God is good!

Last edited by a moderator:
MY INTERVIEW EXPERINCE
We got to the embassy at 05:45am and at 07:15am we formed a queue for the inspection of our appointment letters and also deposited our cell phones and all electronics devices at the security post.
Finally we went through the security check and entered inside but all the seats were occupied so we stood there for a while and when the security officer saw my wife standing he gave my wife a place to sit because of our baby. They started mentioning our names at the window 1 and we were given a form to complete by a Ghanaian lady if you qualify base on education or occupation and another 2 additional forms to complete for my wife and baby. After completing the forms we were asked to go and pay. I paid $775 x3 and I realized the dollar rate at the embassy was a bit high as compare to town. The embassy’s rate was gh¢ 1.5 but in town it was gh¢ 1.45. Anyway, after paying the fees we were asked to come back to window 1 and submit our documents so I submitted our birth certificates, 2 passports for myself and my wife, AOS, police report for myself and my wife, high school certificates, a letter from my company, professional training certificates, and a letter from my university including my results slip since I have not completed and have one more semester to go I couldn’t get my transcript. After submitting these documents my application form DS-230 was given to me so I went and sat by my wife and we started praying, and all I could hear was security Please come to window 9. I thing the guy there used some fake documents so the security took him away. Please don’t try anything fictitious you would be caught. My name was mentioned again at window 2 to take our finger prints so we did that and now the interview started.

Me: Answer, and gave him the letter from my company so he read through the letter.

MY WIFE
Me: answer
Me: ok
CO: we will need the baby’s passport and medicals so you will go back to the same clinic and do the medical for your baby and come back on June 30. Please remember his passport too.

Good to hear that and congratulations to you and your family. From what is written above, everything points to your application been approved and by submitting the requested documents, you are on the way to receive your visas. Hope you work on them fast.

Good to hear that and congratulations to you and your family. From what is written above, everything points to your application been approved and by submitting the requested documents, you are on the way to receive your visas. Hope you work on them fast.

Hi Ammeck, thanks for your advice. The passport is ready now and the medicals will be ready by next week. Massa, i have finished it already fast.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERINCE

MY WIFE
Wife: Answer

CO: why were you born in UK?
Wife: Answer correctly

Wife: ok

Congratessss man.

Goodluck