• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hi ammeck,

You are right, i read this and i was very releifed. As you rightly said it has answered a very pressing and delicate issue i raised sometime ago.

Anynews from the embassy?

Hopefully next week, just praying and keeping my fingers crossed.

I got the visas for myself, my wife and my three lovely kids today and i will brief the house the most amazing things about my experience on monday..........................................help me thank the almighty lord for the grace he has showered on my family!!!i will brief the house on monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the visas for myself, my wife and my three lovely kids today and i will brief the house the most amazing things about my experience on monday..........................................help me thank the almighty lord for the grace he has showered on my family!!!i will brief the house on monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats and thanks be to God for seeing you through the process and coming out successfully. Hope to read your experience soon.

congrats, we look forward to readin ur experience

Hi Man,

Congratulations to you and your family, we await your interview experience.

You're welcome Lluna. All the best.

Alexee357 - We didnt pay anything for my wife's medical expenses during her pregnancy - not for pre-natal or post-natal, not for her hospital stay, not for a single thing. Reason why, is because Medi-Cal (California's medicaid program - every state has their own) took care of every single expense. We qualified since we were fresh legal immigrants, who didnt have work, or had any medical insurance with any American provider. Getting on medical insurance with any provider that late in her pregnancy would have been extremely hard. So essentially, the country took us in and the state took care of our medical expenses.

For a few months after that, we qualified for the state's WICs program, which is a federal-funded health and nutrition program for Women, Infants & Children. They see to it that every couple of weeks you are provided with coupons that enable you to buy diapers, juice, milk, and that sort of thing. They look at your income level, but like I've said, if you are new legal immigrant in the country, you may not necessarily have a job already, so no income, nor might you have left behind a great job in the country you have left, or you might have, but they primarily look at your US income.

All that helped. After a year though, we no longer qualified for renewal into Medi-Cal or the WICs program, as we had jobs, and records would show that we are above a certain income level.

alexee
I called a friend who moved to the US last year and he narrated how the WICs program as described above. I was about to call you to let you this when I just bumped into this reply to your question. It's exactly as the guy has described. I was even surprised about the coupon issue - though small but helps a lot.

I hope that will set your mind at ease now and wish you all the best in your preparations.

alexee
I called a friend who moved to the US last year and he narrated how the WICs program as described above. I was about to call you to let you this when I just bumped into this reply to your question. It's exactly as the guy has described. I was even surprised about the coupon issue - though small but helps a lot.

I hope that will set your mind at ease now and wish you all the best in your preparations.

Ammeck,

My mind is now at ease and i was very happy when i read the reply. I'm now 100% sure that 70% of my worry is now off. Thank you for your all your effort towards making this thread successful. You don't only post your contributions, you go to the extent of calling when necessary. I know you have contributed immensely to the success of every member of this thread and as my signature says " YOUR EFFORT WILL NOT BE IN VAIN"

alexee

Ammeck u r truely a brother.... infact God sent. God bless u and ur household.Amen

Ammeck,

My mind is now at ease and i was very happy when i read the reply. I'm now 100% sure that 70% of my worry is now off. Thank you for your all your effort towards making this thread successful. You don't only post your contributions, you go to the extent of calling when necessary. I know you have contributed immensely to the success of every member of this thread and as my signature says " YOUR EFFORT WILL NOT BE IN VAIN"

Thanks alexee, I know all our efforts will not be in vain. We are all going to make it in the name of the almighty.

Let me add this to what the guy said. When you are going to register for the WICs program, it is better you go with your wife. They will like to know your prove of address but since you may be staying with someone, let that person give you something like an introduction letter (explaining that you recently moved to the US and currently staying with him/her).

With that letter and the explanation that you recently move to the US and with no jobs at the moment, they will easily register your wife for the program.

Thanks alexee, I know all our efforts will not be in vain. We are all going to make it in the name of the almighty.

Let me add this to what the guy said. When you are going to register for the WICs program, it is better you go with your wife. They will like to know your prove of address but since you may be staying with someone, let that person give you something like an introduction letter (explaining that you recently moved to the US and currently staying with him/her).

With that letter and the explanation that you recently move to the US and with no jobs at the moment, they will easily register your wife for the program.

Ammeck, as usual thank you very much for the added infor.

Hey guys, I am Ghanaian and have already sent my forms to KCC and waiting to be current. So you guys can tell me what to do whilst waiting to appear for the consular interview. Thanks

Guys, i have been wondering, what happens at ur POE when u have a connecting flight to another state??? in terms of ur luggage, where to go etc

Ammeck,

This is a value added information for all of us.

Thanks.

Hey guys, I am Ghanaian and have already sent my forms to KCC and waiting to be current. So you guys can tell me what to do whilst waiting to appear for the consular interview. Thanks

You may need the following documents:
A- Passports
B- Birth certificates
C- Adoption Certificate
D- Marriage Certificate
E- Divorce or Death Cert
F- Military Service Record
G- Police Certificate
H- Court Records
I- Photographs
J- High School Diploma
K- Evidence of Support
L- Translations
M- Medical Examinations

You could start gathering the following docs first; A, B, C, D, E, F, J, and L. The other docs can be obtained close to your CN being current. You also need to study past visa bulletin and closely monitor the current one to know when you will be current.

Guys, i have been wondering, what happens at ur POE when u have a connecting flight to another state??? in terms of ur luggage, where to go etc

You don't need to do anything yourself, your luggage will automatically be transferred to the connecting flight by the airline staff. You only collect it at your final destination. But you need to leave some time 'gap' between your arrival time at POE and departure to your final destination to cater for any delays at your POE.

Ammeck09,

Why are this embassy guys delaying us. They better send you your passport with visas stamped in it. We're still praying for you.

Ammeck09,

Why are this embassy guys delaying us. They better send you your passport with visas stamped in it. We're still praying for you.

No worries, I hope it will be delivered this week. I know it normally takes two to three weeks for them to approve and send visas when all your documents are not through during your interview date, but I'm optimistic it will be this week.

You don't need to do anything yourself, your luggage will automatically be transferred to the connecting flight by the airline staff. You only collect it at your final destination. But you need to leave some time 'gap' between your arrival time at POE and departure to your final destination to cater for any delays at your POE.

thanks man

Nairobi

No worries, I hope it will be delivered this week. I know it normally takes two to three weeks for them to approve and send visas when all your documents are not through during your interview date, but I'm optimistic it will be this week.

Ammeck did sebulonde update you people about his visa collection 2 Nairobi coz he has been mum ever since...let me know please

Ammeck did sebulonde update you people about his visa collection 2 Nairobi coz he has been mum ever since...let me know please

No, we have not heard from her since the June 2. I made a post on June 3 asking her to come here and confirm her receipt of the visa but nothing has been heard from her since then. I hope she did got it though!