• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

@alexee,what of return tickets to New York any idea how it might cost......................?

Hi hardboy,

Sorry i just started working on the ticket so don't have much information on that for now. I can only help you with delta airline # which is 0302213111, kindly find out from them and let us know.

alexee@Thanks my brother.......................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi hardboy,

Sorry i just started working on the ticket so don't have much information on that for now. I can only help you with delta airline # which is 0302213111, kindly find out from them and let us know.

MEDICAL SYSTEM IN THE STATES

Hi guys,

Does anyone knows how the US medical system works? Is a green card holder entitle to a free heath care. If not what are the options. I'm expecting alexee357 junior and i want to know how the heath system work to enable me plan very well
before i make a final move.

MEDICAL SYSTEM IN THE STATES

Hi guys,

Does anyone knows how the US medical system works? Is a green card holder entitle to a free heath care. If not what are the options. I'm expecting alexee357 junior and i want to know how the heath system work to enable me plan very well
before i make a final move.

The current practices in the States is to have your own private insurance. You register with a private insurance company and start paying either monthly or yearly premiums. I will talk to a relative who moved to the US and had the same issue as you. They have given birth and when the baby had an operation it was all settled by the insurance company, though they had spent just four months in the US before the baby was born.

Try to check the return ticket too because most at times they are far cheaper than the one-way. Hope you get a cheaper one. Btw when (month) are you planning to move?

Bro, you were right. I check from Delta the round way ticket to and from the same destination and to my disbelief it was cheaper than the one way ticket. It was 1,662 USD. I'm wondering why it's so, what happens if i don't use the return ticket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro, you were right. I check from Delta the round way ticket to and from the same destination and to my disbelief it was cheaper than the one way ticket. It was 1,662 USD. I'm wondering why it's so, what happens if i don't use the return ticket?

Nothing happens, just that when you don't check in they may be able to 'push' someone in.

I am so sorry guys that I have been so quiet but I got so confused and busy just before the interview and we had to travel to Nairobi a week before the interview too so that we could have the medicals done in time.
We had a success interview and we are to pick the Visas tomorrow (1st June). This involves traveling which means spending. I have tried to call the embassy to ask them if I can travel alone and pick up for both of us. Any ideas?

I am so sorry guys that I have been so quiet but I got so confused and busy just before the interview and we had to travel to Nairobi a week before the interview too so that we could have the medicals done in time.
We had a success interview and we are to pick the Visas tomorrow (1st June). This involves traveling which means spending. I have tried to call the embassy to ask them if I can travel alone and pick up for both of us. Any ideas?

congrats Sebulonde, but can u share ur experience, plssss

I and my husband traveled to Nairobi on the 19th May thou the interview was on the 24th May. We had to do the medicals before the interview. We completed the medicals on the 20th, it took us the whole day. The results were ready for collection the next day. We prayed that we passed the medicals. The lady who briefed us before the meds told us they if they find anything wrong with ya, one is can be put on hold till they are cured. I got so scared!

We collected the reports on the 21st (Friday) and we were just praising God. On Sun, we booked a cab to pick us on Monday at 5am. On Monday we were already on our way around 5:15am. We actually arrived at the embassy around 5:30am. We found 3 people there and as we were getting out of the car, another couple arrived. The gates were opened around 6:30am or minutes to 7am. We went thru the security check, presenting the appointment letters all the way.
Inside the embassy we were the first immigration Visa applicants to arrive. I know this because we were separated in the ques. At around 8, we were around 7 applicants. We were called to window 4 to hand in the papers. They checked all our papers and gave us an invoice to pay $775*2. We paid and brought the receipt to her. We were asked to wait from the waiting area outside and wait to be called. The non- migrate visa applicants were more than 100 and we seemed to have mixed up at this time. We were called to window 5 after 40 mins to have our figure prints to be taken. After this execrise, we went back out and waited.
We were called at window 10 after 10mins.

Co. Goodmorning
Us. Good morning Sir
Co. I need you to swear that whatever you are going to say is nothing but the truth.
Me. I nodded and said I swear and so Did my husband
Co. Sign here.
Me. I did and the same was done for my husband.
Co. This is the initial application and you didn't mention that you were married. Why?
Me. I was not married then but by the time I got ma notification letter, I was married and i informed the KCC about it.
Co. When did you get married again?
Me. 20th Feb ****
Co. Good. Oh! Can I see your pics.
Me. The DVD was confiscated during security checks. ( They told us that, they don't allow any data storage devices inside)
Co. Security, come to window 10. The gentleman came and we gave him the card that they had given us for the DVD pick up. He was back after 5 mins and we went back to window 10. ( They had asked us to sit while we wait.) But during this time, I witnessed, one acceptance for Immigration and 2 denials for non- immigration visas.
At the window, the consular gave back all the original documents apart from the police certificates and gave us a blue form (administrative processing).
Co. I will make my decision wen I have seen your pics later. Please come tomorrow at 1pm.
Me. Fine. That is ok. We will see you tomorrow. I was praying inside.
It took us 2 hours for the whole process to be thru. The actual interview less 10 mins plus waiting for security to bring the DVD.

The next day were called to window 6 by a lady and she gave us the yellow pick up slip. No further qns were asked.

Co. When are you leaving Nairobi?
Me. We wanted to leave today. We have been here for almost a week.
Co. We try so much to issue non-residents (non- Kenyans) visas as fast as we can but we can only do it in a week's time. Is June 1st ok with you?
Me. It's fine ma'am. ( in ma heart; Are you kidding me? Any day is cool) We shall travel back then.
Co. Ok then, I will see you then at 3pm.
Me. Thank you. Bye

We were on cloud 9. Called our parents back home and we praised God all thru the journey back to Uganda.

NB: The interview started before I even knew it. I thout that we could be called into a room with the Co. not at the window when even one is watching and listening. It was smooth and interviewers were great people. The waiting area is so small. On the second day, we were about 30 people who came back with the blue forms. 15 were called back to window 4( this is where we handed them in at first) and they were given back their blue forms. I can't tell why. All the other people called before us were given the yellow slips for pick up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations....................................................................!!!!!
I and my husband traveled to Nairobi on the 19th June thou the interview was on the 24th June. We had to do the medicals before the interview. We completed the medicals on the 20th, it took us the whole day. The results were ready for collection the next day. We prayed that we passed the medicals. The lady who briefed us before the meds told us they if they find anything wrong with ya, one is can be put on hold till they are cured. I got so scared!

We collected the reports on the 21st (Friday) and we were just praising God. On Sun, we booked a cab to pick us on Monday at 5am. On Monday we were already on our way around 5:15am. We actually arrived at the embassy around 5:30am. We found 3 people there and as we were getting out of the car, another couple arrived. The gates were opened around 6:30am or minutes to 7am. We went thru the security check, presenting the appointment letters all the way.
Inside the embassy we were the first immigration Visa applicants to arrive. I know this because we were separated in the ques. At around 8, we were around 7 applicants. We were called to window 4 to hand in the papers. They checked all our papers and gave us an invoice to pay $775*2. We paid and brought the receipt to her. We were asked to wait from the waiting area outside and wait to be called. The non- migrate visa applicants were more than 100 and we seemed to have mixed up at this time. We were called to window 5 after 40 mins to have our figure prints to be taken. After this execrise, we went back out and waited.

Co. Goodmorning
Us. Good morning Sir
Co. I need you to swear that whatever you are going to say is nothing but the truth.
Co. Sign here.
Co. This is the initial application and you didn't mention that you were married. Why?
Me. I was not married then but by the time I got ma notification letter, I was married and i informed the KCC about it.
Me. 20th Feb ****
Me. The DVD was confiscated during security checks. ( They told us that, they don't allow any data storage devices inside)
Co. Security, come to window 10. The gentleman came and we gave him the card that they had given us for the DVD pick up. He was back after 5 mins and we went back to window 10. ( They had asked us to sit while we wait.) But during this time, I witnessed, one acceptance for Immigration and 2 denials for non- immigration visas.
At the window, the consular gave back all the original documents apart from the police certificates and gave us a blue form (administrative processing).
Co. I will make my decision wen I have seen your pics later. Please come tomorrow at 1pm.
It took us 2 hours for the whole process to be thru. The actual interview less 10 mins plus waiting for security to bring the DVD.

The next day were called to window 6 by a lady and she gave us the yellow pick up slip. No further qns were asked.

Co. We try so much to issue non-residents (non- Kenyans) visas as fast as we can but we can only do it in a week's time. Is June 1st ok with you?
Me. It's fine ma'am. ( in ma heart; Are you kidding me? Any day is cool) We shall travel back then.
Me. Thank you. Bye

We were on cloud 9. Called our parents back home and we praised God all thru the journey back to Uganda.

NB: The interview started before I even knew it. I thout that we could be called into a room with the Co. not at the window when even one is watching and listening. It was smooth and interviewers were great people. The waiting area is so small. On the second day, we were about 30 people who came back with the blue forms. 15 were called back to window 4( this is where we handed them in at first) and they were given back their blue forms. I can't tell why. All the other people called before us were given the yellow slips for pick up.

I and my husband traveled to Nairobi on the 19th June thou the interview was on the 24th June. We had to do the medicals before the interview. We completed the medicals on the 20th, it took us the whole day. The results were ready for collection the next day. We prayed that we passed the medicals. The lady who briefed us before the meds told us they if they find anything wrong with ya, one is can be put on hold till they are cured. I got so scared!

Co. Goodmorning
Us. Good morning Sir
Co. Sign here.
Me. 20th Feb ****

Me. Thank you. Bye

Hi Sebulonde,

Congratulations to you and your husband. You guys might have spent alot before getting to this stage but that was for a good course so no fears. With regards to the collection of the visa, if what i witness @ our embassy is what goes on at embassy, the the PA can collect it for the two. Congrats

Co. Goodmorning
Us. Good morning Sir
Co. Sign here.
Me. 20th Feb ****

Me. Thank you. Bye

Congrats for your successful interview and thanks for sharing your experience with us, and may the good Lord surely grant you success in the US.

Co. Goodmorning
Us. Good morning Sir
Co. Sign here.
Me. 20th Feb ****

Me. Thank you. Bye

Congrats Sebulonde.......This is the First Detailed Interview from Nairobi and it brings some valuable info for us who are doing our interviews in Nairobi.....good to know the medicals take only a couple of days..........guess the dates should me May and not June....Did you guyz have an affidavit of Support or rather what was your proof that you wont be a public Charge?.....congrats once more

Congrats Sebulonde.......This is the First Detailed Interview from Nairobi and it brings some valuable info for us who are doing our interviews in Nairobi.....good to know the medicals take only a couple of days..........guess the dates should me May and not June....Did you guyz have an affidavit of Support or rather what was your proof that you wont be a public Charge?.....congrats once more
Yea, I agree with you. I think Sebulonde should let us know what sort of evidence of support they used during their interview.