• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hi to everyone. How come in my search for information on the DV, I never came across this great forum with lots of great ideas and experinces. I found this site yesterday and I've practically read from the 1st to last page. As you can see I have a vry high CN but by the grace of God, I'm not worried at all. I have been getting massive loads of information in my reaserch and will not fail to put them here as and when required. Yea I'm in Gh but my family of 3 is in the UK. Opted to do CP in UK - have a valid RP. Did not know then that I could have it in Gh while my family have theirs in UK. Currently waiting to be current. Thanks a lot to all the other forumites, Ammeck, Alexee, Delay and all the other names I could not remember.
Now to my ques. Regarding the police cert from UK, I understand from previous posts that one need to do the fingerprinting in the UK and then send the forms down to GH for processing. Where in the UK can this be done? Does this apply to me in GH wanting to do CP in UK.

1) First of all, if you have chosen Ghana to do your CP, you need to wait until your CN becomes current and attend the visa interview. After having a successful interview you then transfer your family's file to the embassy in the UK where they will schedule an interview there for them. This process can take between 2-3 months and looking at your CN, they may not get the interview before 30 September 2010.

2) Chosen to do CP in UK together with your family was the wisest decision you have taken.

3) On the police certificate issue, to obtain the Ghanaian one (you need police certificate from Ghana if you have lived there for 6 or more months since the age of 16) you have to go to the regional police headquarters of your locality (UK) and ask for finger-printing for immigrant visa. If they don't do it there they will show you where to get one. After getting the finger-printing, you can contact someone in Ghana to submit it to the police headquarters in Ghana on your behalf. You need the following information to obtain the police certificate from Ghana:
--Your Full Name
--Father's Name
--Mother's Names
--Schools Completed in Ghana
--Current UK Address
--3 Passport Photographs
--UK Fingerprint
--$200

Thanks a lot Ammeck. Could it be that for the sake of time, I could do the police cert in Ghana without the UK fingerprints as a standby and then start processing the fingerprint one when I'm in the UK.
2. I understand you went through similar process. Is it possible to get the exact location where you did the fingerprint so my spouse could do hers there. Actually she spoke to Scotland Yard and they said they did not know of anything like that. Do you also need the 2nd NL to process something like that? Replies will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot Ammeck. Could it be that for the sake of time, I could do the police cert in Ghana without the UK fingerprints as a standby and then start processing the fingerprint one when I'm in the UK.
2. I understand you went through similar process. Is it possible to get the exact location where you did the fingerprint so my spouse could do hers there. Actually she spoke to Scotland Yard and they said they did not know of anything like that. Do you also need the 2nd NL to process something like that? Replies will be appreciated.

This is what cov, a forumer posted sometime ago:
if u are in london u can only do it in scotland yard, or call them for the tel. number for ur county.

information from their website

What the Fingerprint Service does not provide
The Visa Fingerprint Section do not provide fingerprints for the following:

Any criminal proceedings.
Passport validation.
For Police Clearance in the UK.
Character Enquiries / Identity Checks.
Appointments
To book an appointment for your fingerprints to be taken, you need to contact the Visa Fingerprint Office on tel: 020 7230 2099 between the hours of 8:30am - 12:30pm and 1:30pm - 3:00pm on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. The appointments line is closed on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Fee
Customers are required to make a payment for this service:

£63 per person for the 1st set of fingerprints
£95 for up to 3 sets of fingerprints
£132 for 4 or more sets of fingerprints

Payment can be made by cash only.

Documents required
Documents required by the customer should be the following:

Current passport or
Full new style UK Driving Licence with photograph and counterpart form D740.
If your passport is being held by the Home Office, a letter and a photocopy of your passport is acceptable providing that it has been officially stamped. A covering letter on its own is not acceptable. You may also request for your passport to be released from the Home Office for 24 hours to enable your fingerprints to be taken.

Directions
Our address is New Scotland Yard, 10 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BG (just off Victoria Street).

The nearest mainline train is Victoria and the nearest underground tube station is St James’s Park on the District & Circle lines. Take the Broadway Exit and enter New Scotland Yard via Visitors Entrance (near the revolving sign). Bus routes 11, 24, 148 and 211 stop in Victoria Street.

Cancellations
If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact 020 7230 2128 as soon as possible between 8:00am -3:00pm Monday to Friday. Please give us as much notice as possible. A cancellation fee will be incurred if we are not informed.

I don't live in London so I may not be able to help you with where to go, but I'm sure Scotland Yard should be able to direct you where to go. Tell them you want fingerprint to apply for police certificate for US immigrant visa. I went to the Regional Police Headquarters in the city I live and they directed me to the police station where I can get this done.

Ammeck,
thanx for the great job u doing on this thread.
This is what cov, a forumer posted sometime ago:

I don't live in London so I may not be able to help you with where to go, but I'm sure Scotland Yard should be able to direct you where to go. Tell them you want fingerprint to apply for police certificate for US immigrant visa. I went to the Regional Police Headquarters in the city I live and they directed me to the police station where I can get this done.

Hi guys,

Please help me fill in the blank spaces, God is good ......................... and all the time........................ We pick our visas today. I wish to express my profound gratitude to all members of this great house. I know the story of those who are yet to have their interview and
those who are waiting to pickup their visas would not be different from mine. Thank you all.

Ammeck thx your last minute advice, it really help.

Hi guys,

Please help me fill in the blank spaces, God is good ......................... and all the time........................ We pick our visas today. I wish to express my profound gratitude to all members of this great house. I know the story of those who are yet to have their interview and
those who are waiting to pickup their visas would not be different from mine. Thank you all.

To God Be the Glory!!! As I always say, this forum is covered. Everyone is a winner here. Welcome to America Alexee.

Hi guys,

God is great all the time.....
Thanks be to the Lord.
I'm really happy for both of you.
This goes to show that God is with us all.
I know every winner here will pick their visas before 30 Sept.

I was about to post asking about your visa collection, and lo and behold - you are here to break the good news.

God is great all the time.....
Thanks be to the Lord.
I'm really happy for both of you.
This goes to show that God is with us all.
I know every winner here will pick their visas before 30 Sept.

I was about to post asking about your visa collection, and lo and behold - you are here to break the good news.

Indeed my brother, the Almighty is with us all. Thank you.

OBSERVATIONS AT THE EMBASSY

House, I realised that all the people i witness being interview were put on administrative processing and were told to come back on August 3rd and 6th. May be this goes to confirm that they are very busy and as i mentioned sometime ago, IT'S NOT ADVISABLE FOR ANYONE TO
POSTPONE AN INTERVIEW. Make sure that all your documents are ready @ the first interview cos you might not get a second chance. Hope we all know that september is around the corner. Lastly, if you know you won the lottery before attaching someone, PLEASE BE PREPARE THAT YOU WILL BE INTERVIEW SEPERATELY SO BETTER DO YOUR HOME WORK. Remember 775 USD plus cost of medicals times two is not a small money to gamble with in GH. I witness two perceive couples who were disqualify because their answers couldn't match. Finally if you have any problem, do post them here and be assured that with the help of the members of this house led by almighty ammeck09, your problem will be solve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Alexee,

Congratulations, God is always in control - welcome to America.

One love.

OBSERVATIONS AT THE EMBASSY

House, I realised that all the people i witness being interview were put on administrative processing and were told to come back on August 3rd and 6th. May be this goes to confirm that they are very busy and as i mentioned sometime ago, IT'S NOT ADVISABLE FOR ANYONE TO
POSTPONE AN INTERVIEW. Make sure that all your documents are ready @ the first interview cos you might not get a second chance. Hope we all know that september is around the corner. Lastly, if you know you won the lottery before attaching someone, PLEASE BE PREPARE THAT YOU WILL BE INTERVIEW SEPERATELY SO BETTER DO YOUR HOME WORK. Remember 775 USD plus cost of medicals times two is not a small money to gamble with in GH. I witness two perceive couples who were disqualify because their answers couldn't match. Finally if you have any problem, do post them here and be assured that with the help of the members of this house led by almighty ammeck09, your problem will be solve.

This is what I commented sometime ago that the embassy is Ghana deliberately put almost all dv applicant on administrative process to the extent that those who go for their interviews from July onwards may not get their visas before the end of the fiscal year, 30th September.

As a married couples most of your answers must tally or match, if not you are bound to fail at the interview. That goes to say that the couples should live in the same house/room (know where they keep everything, e.g. iron, vacuum cleaners/brooms, kitchen, TV, colour of carpets, etc) and know much about each other (where they sleep, colour of panties worn the night b/4 the interview, favourite food, education, work, family members, etc). Without knowing these things the possibility of refusal is very high.

Just imagine having an interview in May and being asked to come in August - almost 3 months time! Just the waiting alone can kill your motivation. These are some of the reasons why last year dv winners were demonstrating against the embassy for their perceived injustices.

Hi guys,

At last.Thank God!God bless you as you come over.

This is what I commented sometime ago that the embassy is Ghana deliberately put almost all dv applicant on administrative process to the extent that those who go for their interviews from July onwards may not get their visas before the end of the fiscal year, 30th September.

As a married couples most of your answers must tally or match, if not you are bound to fail at the interview. That goes to say that the couples should live in the same house/room (know where they keep everything, e.g. iron, vacuum cleaners/brooms, kitchen, TV, colour of carpets, etc) and know much about each other (where they sleep, colour of panties worn the night b/4 the interview, favourite food, education, work, family members, etc). Without knowing these things the possibility of refusal is very high.

Just imagine having an interview in May and being asked to come in August - almost 3 months time! Just the waiting alone can kill your motivation. These are some of the reasons why last year dv winners were demonstrating against the embassy for their perceived injustices.

Ammeck you will be surprise to know that they make the administrative processing form ready before you are called to be interviewed.

Ammeck you will be surprise to know that they make the administrative processing form ready before you are called to be interviewed.

It's not a surprise looking at the way they deny visas to dv lottery winners. Many at times, they only grant visas to only about 20%-30% of Ghanaian dv winners. My worry is about the cost involved and the anxiety dv winners goes through only to be denied the visas at the last hurdle. We hope things will improve so that as many winners are granted the visas to migrate to the states.