• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Finally, God has done it againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I don't even know how to start it. Brethren, the drama has come to an end and the dream has come to pass, so we shall be there! What I mean is WE HAVE GOTTEN THE VISAS. So I want the whole house to join me and say a big thank you to God Almighty for such a great work done in my life.

I can't go back and narrate everything but i hope most of you are abreast with the circumstances that was bothering my case.

I finally had a call yesterday 30th Sept. 2010 @ exactly 14:14 GMT at work to appear at the Embassy the next day, which is today 1st Oct. at 7:30am with my wife. There was nothing added. That was the content of the whole call. So I called my wife at work and informed her. But there was a bit relief and at the same time, a bit uncertainty. In that we were not sure whether these people are calling us to come for our visas or to come for our documents and go back. So we prayed and hoped for the positive.

Getting there this morning, we met other applicants who had received similar calls like ours. And unusual about the consular section this time, the place was very dead and silent with only few people numbering less than 50. This gave a strong indication that the 2010 Dv program had come to an end and probably putting themselves together for the 2011 batch to commence somewhere next week.

Meanwhile, there were other people who had been refused entry by the securities into the consular section. Their case was just like ours: For them over a month after the series of interviews, they've not had that phone call which the Consular Officers promised them and the program too had come to a close. So they were there to ask their fate.

Whilst waiting for our turn, a man and wife who were in the queue with us return from the counter telling us that they didn't get the visa. The officer told the couple that , they couldn't finished process their case and for that matter, they are sorry.

Upon hearing this, my wife turned and looked at me and I also starred at her. Just right after this my name was mentioned. Reaching the counter, the lady there starred at me. she grasped the passports together with our certificates and other supporting document and pushed them towards me. All this while, the lady had not utter a word and I was also looking at her. My heart was beating as if I had just finished a 100m race.
Then finally she passed on to me two big brown envelopes, at this saying " gentleman take very good care of these parcels, do not attempt to open them, when you get to U.S at your port of entry hand these parcels over to the Immigration. The Visas are in your passports, you must travel before the expiry date. I wish you well"

My dear Friends,I can't describe how I felt to you but it was a sweetest experience in my life this morning at the embassy.

I give all the glory and honour to the Almighty God for bringing me and my family this far.

And I thank all of you especially the king of the Dv 2010, ammeck also to Donkay, Bennit, firo, popescandy,yesnificent, in fact i can't mention all. God bless you for your prayers, advice your care and everything.

And all of you who belongs to the 2011 batch, I wish you well. God will do it for you as well in a tremendous way. And some of us shall continue to be in this forum to share with you so do not worry at all.

Now I hope I am the last person to bring the curtain down on the successful DV-2010 winners from Ghana in this forum. So I want to throw a challenge here: Do you have Jesus? Because green card without Jesus is void. Pls think about this. Peace!

Guys, I have been absent from the forum since last Saturday. Well things are working really well for my family. We got our GCs last week Saturday, exactly 3 weeks 4 days since we arrived in this country. I have got my children into schools and had also received Maryland State ID card. My internet, TV and phone was set up yesterday (Wednesday) and this post was typed right under my roof. Now all is set for me to look for work. I will update the house of any development in my search for employment.
Thanks be to God for what He has done for you. Going through the threads your contributions have been very helpful. Keep it up man...

And I don't even know how to start it. Brethren, the drama has come to an end and the dream has come to pass, so we shall be there! What I mean is WE HAVE GOTTEN THE VISAS. So I want the whole house to join me and say a big thank you to God Almighty for such a great work done in my life.

I can't go back and narrate everything but i hope most of you are abreast with the circumstances that was bothering my case.

I finally had a call yesterday 30th Sept. 2010 @ exactly 14:14 GMT at work to appear at the Embassy the next day, which is today 1st Oct. at 7:30am with my wife. There was nothing added. That was the content of the whole call. So I called my wife at work and informed her. But there was a bit relief and at the same time, a bit uncertainty. In that we were not sure whether these people are calling us to come for our visas or to come for our documents and go back. So we prayed and hoped for the positive.

Getting there this morning, we met other applicants who had received similar calls like ours. And unusual about the consular section this time, the place was very dead and silent with only few people numbering less than 50. This gave a strong indication that the 2010 Dv program had come to an end and probably putting themselves together for the 2011 batch to commence somewhere next week.

Meanwhile, there were other people who had been refused entry by the securities into the consular section. Their case was just like ours: For them over a month after the series of interviews, they've not had that phone call which the Consular Officers promised them and the program too had come to a close. So they were there to ask their fate.

Whilst waiting for our turn, a man and wife who were in the queue with us return from the counter telling us that they didn't get the visa. The officer told the couple that , they couldn't finished process their case and for that matter, they are sorry.

Upon hearing this, my wife turned and looked at me and I also starred at her. Just right after this my name was mentioned. Reaching the counter, the lady there starred at me. she grasped the passports together with our certificates and other supporting document and pushed them towards me. All this while, the lady had not utter a word and I was also looking at her. My heart was beating as if I had just finished a 100m race.
Then finally she passed on to me two big brown envelopes, at this saying " gentleman take very good care of these parcels, do not attempt to open them, when you get to U.S at your port of entry hand these parcels over to the Immigration. The Visas are in your passports, you must travel before the expiry date. I wish you well"

My dear Friends,I can't describe how I felt to you but it was a sweetest experience in my life this morning at the embassy.

I give all the glory and honour to the Almighty God for bringing me and my family this far.

And I thank all of you especially the king of the Dv 2010, ammeck also to Donkay, Bennit, firo, popescandy,yesnificent, in fact i can't mention all. God bless you for your prayers, advice your care and everything.

And all of you who belongs to the 2011 batch, I wish you well. God will do it for you as well in a tremendous way. And some of us shall continue to be in this forum to share with you so do not worry at all.

Now I hope I am the last person to bring the curtain down on the successful DV-2010 winners from Ghana in this forum. So I want to throw a challenge here: Do you have Jesus? Because green card without Jesus is void. Pls think about this. Peace!

Immano, I thank God for what He has done and will continually do in your life. This is very encouraging and gives us hope that will also get there in His time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I have been absent from the forum since last Saturday. Well things are working really well for my family. We got our GCs last week Saturday, exactly 3 weeks 4 days since we arrived in this country. I have got my children into schools and had also received Maryland State ID card. My internet, TV and phone was set up yesterday (Wednesday) and this post was typed right under my roof. Now all is set for me to look for work. I will update the house of any development in my search for employment.

Hi ammeck,

We thank God for your progress so far, is a good start. We thank God for the life of you and your family.

Immano,

Thus how our God works, he does things beautiful @ his own time. How is man to say no when God says yes? We thank him for your sucess story.

I have been a follower and irregular contributor to this forum. After winner the 2010 lottery, I taught I may never make it, because of a higher case number (63xxx). I posted my doubt here on this forum and some of you said, there is the possibility of having an interview getting to the end of dv calender. In July came the popular second letter, with the interview scheduled on August 24, 2010. I quickly gathered all the necessary documents. I live in Italy, so had to go to Naples, where immigration cases are processed. It normally takes 2 days to complete the visa process. The first day for medicals and the second day for interview and visa collection, of course if you are successful.
Did my medicals on Monday 23, August and had my interview on Tuesday 24, August. After answering all the questions asked, I could hear the CO saying to himself 'mistake mistake'. As he finished typing, he took a white paper and marked a portion of administrative processing and gave it to me. He said, they would contact me afterwards when they have finished with their investigations. I was so disappointed and sad, but did not show it. He gave me back all my documents except my police reports, birth certificates and the letter from KMA stating that my marriage was genuine.
After a week, I started sending them emails to find out the status of my case without a reply. I contacted state department too on daily basis, but they too kept saying my case was still under administrative processing in the embassy (Naples).
On afternoon of Tuesday 28, I called the embassy and they said, they are trying their best to bring to an end my case. Left home for town, and within hours, my wife called that the embassy request that we make ourselves available on the next for the issuance of the visa. I quickly came home and called State Department, they confirmed that the embassy (Naples) has rescheduled an appointment for my case.
The following day, at the embassy, was called to present my (our passports, my wife and I). After a while was recalled and told to go a certain office outside the embassy to collect my passport with the visa. At 5pm, was at the office, and after a brief introduction, they made me signed for the collection of passport. They also handed to me a big yellow envelope and advised me never to open it, but to hand it over to the immigration in US.
I thought, I was not going to make it, but the All knowing God thought otherwise. His ways are different from ours. I had given out hope, but God had already said Yes. Oh how good and wonderful he is. I hope the whole of this forum would praise the Lord on my behalf for the wonderful hope He has restored in my life. Thank you.

naaa,

Indeed when he says yes who is man to say no. Congratulations my brother.

Hello House,
We thank God for bringing DV2010 fiscal year to a successful end. Indeed this year has been a breakthrough year for most of us; we thank God for this year. For those whole were not able to go through the process successfully remember all hope is not lost and try your luck in DV2012. For DV2011 winners especially those with high CN, the waiting may seem long but will definitely come to pass. Do well to do your part and leave the rest to God.

We got our welcome letters today and as the trend has been, we are expecting the green card next week. EBENEZER, we thank God for how far he has brought us.

When I made the post quoted below, I knew what I meant. This is the kind of the response I was expecting.
Now that the curtains are drawn for dv 2010, I know most of us have had our wishes fulfilled but to those who think that everything is lost there is a miracle on the way. Wish everyone all the best!

Hello House,
We thank God for bringing DV2010 fiscal year to a successful end. Indeed this year has been a breakthrough year for most of us; we thank God for this year. For those whole were not able to go through the process successfully remember all hope is not lost and try your luck in DV2012. For DV2011 winners especially those with high CN, the waiting may seem long but will definitely come to pass. Do well to do your part and leave the rest to God.

We got our welcome letters today and as the trend has been, we are expecting the green card next week. EBENEZER, we thank God for how far he has brought us.

We have to give praises to the almighty God for the wonderful things He has been doing in our lives. Such a news is highly anticipated and welcome.

Amen Amen blessings n glory with God's honour, power n might belongs to our God forever n ever Amen...

It is often said" He who laugh last laughs best!" am so happy for u Bruv. God Bless u and thanks for our inspirational words.

We thank God for you. He does things in his own way.

We thank God for you. He does things in his own way.

Thank you all

Thank you all for spending time to read through my thread and also thanking God on my behalf. My wish is, we all find favor from The Great Provider so that our sojourn in the USA will be fruitful, peaceful and successful.

Thank God Immano. Now u and ur family need to get some goooood sleep.

Dear labora2,
I think You allready received your Letter.
I want to about 2nd Letter. What kind of doc.s want to see at Cons.Office on Interview.
How is 2nd letter's Langues....... is same as 1nl or not. is here anythins to download from internet....... much more...:confused:

Praise be unto the LORD. He will do it when men think that it is impossible. Congratulations Immano. I am very happy for you and your family and I wish you well in your future endeavours. Wil contact you when I get back to Ghana on Monday. Stay blessed.

Ewurade, me nye wo den?
I'm again asking the house, is there anything at all that's impossible for the Most High? God of lost hope. He comes to our rescue during intractable moments, puts words in our mouths when we're tongue-tied, makes a way, where there seems to be no way and above all, He is the Finisher of our faith.
Immano, all that I have for you and your family is, always remember God in everything that you do. I love this
" So I want to throw a challenge here: Do you have Jesus? Because green card without Jesus is void. Pls think about this."

God be with you. Peace! Benniit

Praaaiiissse God!!!

Can we ever praise this God enough? Father i just wanna take dis time out to say a big THANK U 4 wat u av done 4 our brother immano, truely ur ways are not our ways, praise be to u alone. I'm happy 4 u immano. Dnt stop thanking Him.

I have been a follower and irregular contributor to this forum. After winner the 2010 lottery, I taught I may never make it, because of a higher case number (63xxx). I posted my doubt here on this forum and some of you said, there is the possibility of having an interview getting to the end of dv calender. In July came the popular second letter, with the interview scheduled on August 24, 2010. I quickly gathered all the necessary documents. I live in Italy, so had to go to Naples, where immigration cases are processed. It normally takes 2 days to complete the visa process. The first day for medicals and the second day for interview and visa collection, of course if you are successful.
Did my medicals on Monday 23, August and had my interview on Tuesday 24, August. After answering all the questions asked, I could hear the CO saying to himself 'mistake mistake'. As he finished typing, he took a white paper and marked a portion of administrative processing and gave it to me. He said, they would contact me afterwards when they have finished with their investigations. I was so disappointed and sad, but did not show it. He gave me back all my documents except my police reports, birth certificates and the letter from KMA stating that my marriage was genuine.
After a week, I started sending them emails to find out the status of my case without a reply. I contacted state department too on daily basis, but they too kept saying my case was still under administrative processing in the embassy (Naples).
On afternoon of Tuesday 28, I called the embassy and they said, they are trying their best to bring to an end my case. Left home for town, and within hours, my wife called that the embassy request that we make ourselves available on the next for the issuance of the visa. I quickly came home and called State Department, they confirmed that the embassy (Naples) has rescheduled an appointment for my case.
The following day, at the embassy, was called to present my (our passports, my wife and I). After a while was recalled and told to go a certain office outside the embassy to collect my passport with the visa. At 5pm, was at the office, and after a brief introduction, they made me signed for the collection of passport. They also handed to me a big yellow envelope and advised me never to open it, but to hand it over to the immigration in US.
I thought, I was not going to make it, but the All knowing God thought otherwise. His ways are different from ours. I had given out hope, but God had already said Yes. Oh how good and wonderful he is. I hope the whole of this forum would praise the Lord on my behalf for the wonderful hope He has restored in my life. Thank you.

He has just proved to u and everyone of us that His ways is not our ways. I thank Him 4 that He has done 4 u and ur family. Keep thanking Him.