• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Hello House,

After waiting for three weeks, i received my social security card today and the mistake in my name has been corrected. It was also corrected in my welcome letter so i guess it will also be corrected in my green card.

Hello Alexee, we thank God that things are going the right way for you. We ask for more grace in your subsequent endeavours. And we hope to follow you soon. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello House,

After waiting for three weeks, i received my social security card today and the mistake in my name has been corrected. It was also corrected in my welcome letter so i guess it will also be corrected in my green card.

Thank God for the receipt of your Soc Sec Card. Peace! Benniit

Joequi, try and search for Manheim auto auction Houston and try to see if you could get someone to contact or you can go there yourself and talk to someone over there. But make sure no one 'con' you of your hard earned money. You may see a lot of Nigerians and Ghanaians there, and that's is where most of them buys their cars and ship them to Africa.

This is their address and telephone number:
8215 Kopman Road
Houston, TX 77061-5045
(713) 649-8233

ammeck,

thanks so much, i have been out for some days now, thank God that i'm back.

I do appreciate.

One love

Hello House,

To God be the glory.

One love.

I will like to know if i will be disqualify for changing the address i used to regester for the lottery. If it can be change? should I inform the KCC office before sending my form?

Hi yaro,

We wish you well in your preparation towards your final move. As you were told by the CO, you can change the address @ your port of entry but to be honest with you i'm not sure the changing of your name can be done there.
I have the same problem and i raised it up when i went to apply my social security and the officer told me that under normal circustance if we are couple her green card will bear my last name so when it comes we can then come and apply for the change of name on the social security card @ their end or walk in anytime with a legal document backing the change of name and it will be done, this not withstanding when our social security came it was stated in the pack that a change of name can be done but there must be a legal document backing that.
Regarding the wife taking the husband surname in e green card i wasn't sure so i asked someone who won the DV2009 and he confirm it. I'm waiting for mine before i can confirm on that infor. However to be on the safer side make sure you can to the US with a legal document indicating the change. We have our legal document here so if the green card comes and it does not work out, i'll just begin with the name change process.

I will keep you updated.

Hi
thank you all very much for the information

hi pple... Thank God i was able to travel to the states safely...im currently in New jersey. i went to the Social security office and they told me i have to b in the US for 10 days b4 i can apply. im waiting though. pls let me know if sm1 lives around and can offer any help. especially. renting an apartment, jobs etc. thanks

Hello All,

The time has come for me and my family to also join you brothers in the States finally. All is set for me now and will be leaving coming Friday Oct 8. May God Bless us allllllllllllll.

hi pple... Thank God i was able to travel to the states safely...im currently in New jersey. i went to the Social security office and they told me i have to b in the US for 10 days b4 i can apply. im waiting though. pls let me know if sm1 lives around and can offer any help. especially. renting an apartment, jobs etc. thanks

Thank God for making the trek safe for u. Peace! Benniit

Hello All,

The time has come for me and my family to also join you brothers in the States finally. All is set for me now and will be leaving coming Friday Oct 8. May God Bless us allllllllllllll.

The good Lord who acquired the visas for you, wil also carry you on His wings. Peace! Benniit

I will like to know if i will be disqualify for changing the address i used to regester for the lottery. If it can be change? should I inform the KCC office before sending my form?

There is no need to inform KCC. Just fill the forms with your new address and henceforth any correspondence from KCC will be sent to your new address.

I was also told to wait for 10 days. You will get the card in less than a week after the end of the waiting and applying in person.

Hello All,

I commit your journey into your hands of the most high God. I decree that the Angels of Jehovah God will go before you and your family in Jesus name. I also decree journey mercies in the name of our Lord, and that every weapon of darkness or enemies fashion against your family will backfire in the mighty name of Jesus.

Hello All,

JkO, with this apostolic prayers from Ammeck, in fact you are save! Just trust in the Lord and you will be cool.

hello all,

pls do i need to do another birth certificate (NPC) after i have changed my name after our wedding or i should just support it with the court affidavit and newspaper publication which i have done already?

pls help.

may God see us tru and success awaiting all of us,amen!

Ghana Tops World Immigrant Visa Lottery Entries

Ghana was ranked number one in the world for winning the 2010 United States Diversity Immigrant Visa lottery registered entries. Out of the 8,752 Ghanaians registrants who won, more than 2,600 of them were interviewed, with about 2,400 of them being issued with Diversity Visas (DV) in Accra.

Mr. Michael Evans, Consular Chief of the US Embassy, made this known at a press conference in Accra.

He said in September, the embassy issued 1,177 visas to applicants, which indicated that Ghanaians had shown great interest in the DV lottery programme. Speaking on the 2012 DV programme, Mr. Brent LaRosa, DV Lottery Chief at the embassy said the programme, which was launched on Tuesday, October 5, would run only for a month, unlike the six month-period for previews years.

Mr. LaRosa said the DV lottery should be submitted electronically during the 30-day registration period which ends on Wednesday, November 3.

Ghana was ranked number one in the world for winning the 2010 United States Diversity Immigrant Visa lottery registered entries. Out of the 8,752 Ghanaians registrants who won, more than 2,600 of them were interviewed, with about 2,400 of them being issued with Diversity Visas (DV) in Accra.

Mr. Michael Evans, Consular Chief of the US Embassy, made this known at a press conference in Accra.

He said in September, the embassy issued 1,177 visas to applicants, which indicated that Ghanaians had shown great interest in the DV lottery programme. Speaking on the 2012 DV programme, Mr. Brent LaRosa, DV Lottery Chief at the embassy said the programme, which was launched on Tuesday, October 5, would run only for a month, unlike the six month-period for previews years.

Mr. LaRosa said the DV lottery should be submitted electronically during the 30-day registration period which ends on Wednesday, November 3.

Hi naaa,

Trust me this bad news. If 8,752 people won the lottery in Ghana and more than 2,600 people were interviewed then trust me is bad news. Thus this means that the rest did not continue with the visa application process or they did but not get the chance to be interviewed? Anyway we thank God for choosing us amoung those who got their visas.