• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Guys, I have been absent from the forum since last Saturday. Well things are working really well for my family. We got our GCs last week Saturday, exactly 3 weeks 4 days since we arrived in this country. I have got my children into schools and had also received Maryland State ID card. My internet, TV and phone was set up yesterday (Wednesday) and this post was typed right under my roof. Now all is set for me to look for work. I will update the house of any development in my search for employment.

thank God 4 ur success bro, wen i grow up, i want be like u.lol!

First I thank God for our bro Immano, I was very sure inside that everything is gonna be finished the way we all wanted it to be.
I have a question to all people who have reached their POE and settled down: After u pick the visa, is their a maximum limit for validity of the visa i.e. after which this visa is cancelled and ou can't use it any more????? or is it valid forever????
In other words; Is there is a time after which the visa is expired?????
Thanx a lot
and again Congrats Immano

First I thank God for our bro Immano, I was very sure inside that everything is gonna be finished the way we all wanted it to be.
I have a question to all people who have reached their POE and settled down: After u pick the visa, is their a maximum limit for validity of the visa i.e. after which this visa is cancelled and ou can't use it any more????? or is it valid forever????
In other words; Is there is a time after which the visa is expired?????
Thanx a lot
and again Congrats Immano

The visas are valid for six months from the date of issue, except some few instances where some says they were given less that six months. You need to travel to the US within the stipulated 6 months otherwise the visa will expire.

Guys 7 days til december bulletin lets pray that africa would have a high cut-off cuz i had a dream it was 41000 :) seriously hopefully my dream would come true :) Good luck to y'all ... over and out!

Guys 7 days til december bulletin lets pray that africa would have a high cut-off cuz i had a dream it was 41000 :) seriously hopefully my dream would come true :) Good luck to y'all ... over and out!

You mean 41,000 for December?

Finally, God has done it againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I don't even know how to start it. Brethren, the drama has come to an end and the dream has come to pass, so we shall be there! What I mean is WE HAVE GOTTEN THE VISAS. So I want the whole house to join me and say a big thank you to God Almighty for such a great work done in my life.

I can't go back and narrate everything but i hope most of you are abreast with the circumstances that was bothering my case.

I finally had a call yesterday 30th Sept. 2010 @ exactly 14:14 GMT at work to appear at the Embassy the next day, which is today 1st Oct. at 7:30am with my wife. There was nothing added. That was the content of the whole call. So I called my wife at work and informed her. But there was a bit relief and at the same time, a bit uncertainty. In that we were not sure whether these people are calling us to come for our visas or to come for our documents and go back. So we prayed and hoped for the positive.

Getting there this morning, we met other applicants who had received similar calls like ours. And unusual about the consular section this time, the place was very dead and silent with only few people numbering less than 50. This gave a strong indication that the 2010 Dv program had come to an end and probably putting themselves together for the 2011 batch to commence somewhere next week.

Meanwhile, there were other people who had been refused entry by the securities into the consular section. Their case was just like ours: For them over a month after the series of interviews, they've not had that phone call which the Consular Officers promised them and the program too had come to a close. So they were there to ask their fate.

Whilst waiting for our turn, a man and wife who were in the queue with us return from the counter telling us that they didn't get the visa. The officer told the couple that , they couldn't finished process their case and for that matter, they are sorry.

Upon hearing this, my wife turned and looked at me and I also starred at her. Just right after this my name was mentioned. Reaching the counter, the lady there starred at me. she grasped the passports together with our certificates and other supporting document and pushed them towards me. All this while, the lady had not utter a word and I was also looking at her. My heart was beating as if I had just finished a 100m race.
Then finally she passed on to me two big brown envelopes, at this saying " gentleman take very good care of these parcels, do not attempt to open them, when you get to U.S at your port of entry hand these parcels over to the Immigration. The Visas are in your passports, you must travel before the expiry date. I wish you well"

My dear Friends,I can't describe how I felt to you but it was a sweetest experience in my life this morning at the embassy.

I give all the glory and honour to the Almighty God for bringing me and my family this far.

And I thank all of you especially the king of the Dv 2010, ammeck also to Donkay, Bennit, firo, popescandy,yesnificent, in fact i can't mention all. God bless you for your prayers, advice your care and everything.

And all of you who belongs to the 2011 batch, I wish you well. God will do it for you as well in a tremendous way. And some of us shall continue to be in this forum to share with you so do not worry at all.

Now I hope I am the last person to bring the curtain down on the successful DV-2010 winners from Ghana in this forum. So I want to throw a challenge here: Do you have Jesus? Because green card without Jesus is void. Pls think about this. Peace!

immano, i don't know how to express my joy on this forum for the turn of events in your case. We thank the Almighty Father, the Most High and continue to pray that He showers His blessing upon you and your family as you wait in preparation to make that journey.

Amen OOO!!!! to that, for who knows what the Almighty Father has in stock for us.

hi,

I and my wife have now booked our flight for 3rd week in october 2010.

i needed some clarification. we told the CO that we want to change our address and He told us that we can do that at the point of entry. now my wife passport and all documents bear her original name and now she want to add my name to her name. now i want to know if that can also be done at the point of entry. thus how can my wife add my name to her name.

thanks

I Thank all of you so much for sharing the joy with me. Now I'm convinced that I belongs to a wonderful family on this forum.

We are still planning as to how and when we should move to the States. But I have realised that airfares from Ghana to New York is very expensive. So if anyone has any idea as to how we could make our traveling less expensive, we will be grateful. Thanks

Immano,

Congratulations on your successful interview.

Now that the DV 2011 has started,we pray that God in his infinite mercy make OUR interviews a successful one so that we can ALL come here and give glory to God almighty for his kindness..

We pray that all going for interviews in this month of October will see the face of God and success in their endeavours,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hello immano congratutions once again.Infact I can't stop dancing.Our GOD is faithful and those who put their trust in him shall never be ashame.Stay blessed.

hi,

i needed some clarification. we told the CO that we want to change our address and He told us that we can do that at the point of entry. now my wife passport and all documents bear her original name and now she want to add my name to her name. now i want to know if that can also be done at the point of entry. thus how can my wife add my name to her name.

thanks

alexee and co, please could you help?

yaro2,

You can change your address at the point of entry. Be sure that you provide them with the correct address though, because this is the address that you're initial communication from Uncle Sam will be sent. This shouldnt be too much of a bother.

About adding your name to your wife's names, I dont think this can be done at PoE. But I could be mistaken. I would leave it for after I am officially inside the US then work on that i.e. travel to the US using the names she's used all along throughout this process, as well as past the PoE and initial application of GC and SSN. You will not be stopped from changing names - heck some American footballer here changed his names about 2 seasons ago from Chad Johnson to Chad Ochocinco ("eight-five" so to speak) just because his jersey number is 85. So trust me, you'll be able to do that once you're in and once you have GC and SSN. Less fuss for the immigration people to deal with at PoE. Just my opinion, but somebody else might have another.

Oh, and Welcome to the US. Congratulations

yaro2,

You can change your address at the point of entry. Be sure that you provide them with the correct address though, because this is the address that you're initial communication from Uncle Sam will be sent. This shouldnt be too much of a bother.

About adding your name to your wife's names, I dont think this can be done at PoE. But I could be mistaken. I would leave it for after I am officially inside the US then work on that i.e. travel to the US using the names she's used all along throughout this process, as well as past the PoE and initial application of GC and SSN. You will not be stopped from changing names - heck some American footballer here changed his names about 2 seasons ago from Chad Johnson to Chad Ochocinco ("eight-five" so to speak) just because his jersey number is 85. So trust me, you'll be able to do that once you're in and once you have GC and SSN. Less fuss for the immigration people to deal with at PoE. Just my opinion, but somebody else might have another.

Oh, and Welcome to the US. Congratulations

Thanks wendogg for your contribution.
About the address, I changed mine at the POE and my GC was mailed to my new address. I applied for SS number with the new address and had it posted to my current address. So basically the address can be changed at the point of entry.

It's the name change that I can't comment on it.

hi,

thanks

Hi yaro,

We wish you well in your preparation towards your final move. As you were told by the CO, you can change the address @ your port of entry but to be honest with you i'm not sure the changing of your name can be done there.
I have the same problem and i raised it up when i went to apply my social security and the officer told me that under normal circustance if we are couple her green card will bear my last name so when it comes we can then come and apply for the change of name on the social security card @ their end or walk in anytime with a legal document backing the change of name and it will be done, this not withstanding when our social security came it was stated in the pack that a change of name can be done but there must be a legal document backing that.
Regarding the wife taking the husband surname in e green card i wasn't sure so i asked someone who won the DV2009 and he confirm it. I'm waiting for mine before i can confirm on that infor. However to be on the safer side make sure you can to the US with a legal document indicating the change. We have our legal document here so if the green card comes and it does not work out, i'll just begin with the name change process.

I will keep you updated.

Hello House,

After waiting for three weeks, i received my social security card today and the mistake in my name has been corrected. It was also corrected in my welcome letter so i guess it will also be corrected in my green card.