• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Father, please don't let us down as our brother, Immano waits for a call from the embassy today. He will do, amen! Peace! Benniit

Heavenly father, the god of all that is impossible with man, pls father, let ur will be done concerning our brother immano's case. Amen.

Hey Ammeck good to see you are now settling in slowly....btw how long is one supposed to stay in the U.S before he/she can come back?....let me know

You can come here and activate your GC, after that you can leave by the next available plane. All the best in your preparation.

Guys, I have been absent from the forum since last Saturday. Well things are working really well for my family. We got our GCs last week Saturday, exactly 3 weeks 4 days since we arrived in this country. I have got my children into schools and had also received Maryland State ID card. My internet, TV and phone was set up yesterday (Wednesday) and this post was typed right under my roof. Now all is set for me to look for work. I will update the house of any development in my search for employment.

Guys, I have been absent from the forum since last Saturday. Well things are working really well for my family. We got our GCs last week Saturday, exactly 3 weeks 4 days since we arrived in this country. I have got my children into schools and had also received Maryland State ID card. My internet, TV and phone was set up yesterday (Wednesday) and this post was typed right under my roof. Now all is set for me to look for work. I will update the house of any development in my search for employment.

Thats great Ammeck your input is highly appreciated

Man, you're blessed forever! Peace! Benniit

Nice to hear that ammeck. To God be the Glory and may He be with you in your search for job.

Now that the curtains are drawn for dv 2010, I know most of us have had our wishes fulfilled but to those who think that everything is lost there is a miracle on the way. Wish everyone all the best!

This forum has been very helpful throughout our waiting period. We wish all the DV-2011 selectees Good Luck with the process. Use this thread as an encyclopeadia. Consult it as many times as possible and th process shall be smooth. Stay blessed

When God says yes...........

I have been a follower and irregular contributor to this forum. After winner the 2010 lottery, I taught I may never make it, because of a higher case number (63xxx). I posted my doubt here on this forum and some of you said, there is the possibility of having an interview getting to the end of dv calender. In July came the popular second letter, with the interview scheduled on August 24, 2010. I quickly gathered all the necessary documents. I live in Italy, so had to go to Naples, where immigration cases are processed. It normally takes 2 days to complete the visa process. The first day for medicals and the second day for interview and visa collection, of course if you are successful.
Did my medicals on Monday 23, August and had my interview on Tuesday 24, August. After answering all the questions asked, I could hear the CO saying to himself 'mistake mistake'. As he finished typing, he took a white paper and marked a portion of administrative processing and gave it to me. He said, they would contact me afterwards when they have finished with their investigations. I was so disappointed and sad, but did not show it. He gave me back all my documents except my police reports, birth certificates and the letter from KMA stating that my marriage was genuine.
After a week, I started sending them emails to find out the status of my case without a reply. I contacted state department too on daily basis, but they too kept saying my case was still under administrative processing in the embassy (Naples).
On afternoon of Tuesday 28, I called the embassy and they said, they are trying their best to bring to an end my case. Left home for town, and within hours, my wife called that the embassy request that we make ourselves available on the next for the issuance of the visa. I quickly came home and called State Department, they confirmed that the embassy (Naples) has rescheduled an appointment for my case.
The following day, at the embassy, was called to present my (our passports, my wife and I). After a while was recalled and told to go a certain office outside the embassy to collect my passport with the visa. At 5pm, was at the office, and after a brief introduction, they made me signed for the collection of passport. They also handed to me a big yellow envelope and advised me never to open it, but to hand it over to the immigration in US.
I thought, I was not going to make it, but the All knowing God thought otherwise. His ways are different from ours. I had given out hope, but God had already said Yes. Oh how good and wonderful he is. I hope the whole of this forum would praise the Lord on my behalf for the wonderful hope He has restored in my life. Thank you.

I have been a follower and irregular contributor to this forum. After winner the 2010 lottery, I taught I may never make it, because of a higher case number (63xxx). I posted my doubt here on this forum and some of you said, there is the possibility of having an interview getting to the end of dv calender. In July came the popular second letter, with the interview scheduled on August 24, 2010. I quickly gathered all the necessary documents. I live in Italy, so had to go to Naples, where immigration cases are processed. It normally takes 2 days to complete the visa process. The first day for medicals and the second day for interview and visa collection, of course if you are successful.
Did my medicals on Monday 23, August and had my interview on Tuesday 24, August. After answering all the questions asked, I could hear the CO saying to himself 'mistake mistake'. As he finished typing, he took a white paper and marked a portion of administrative processing and gave it to me. He said, they would contact me afterwards when they have finished with their investigations. I was so disappointed and sad, but did not show it. He gave me back all my documents except my police reports, birth certificates and the letter from KMA stating that my marriage was genuine.
After a week, I started sending them emails to find out the status of my case without a reply. I contacted state department too on daily basis, but they too kept saying my case was still under administrative processing in the embassy (Naples).
On afternoon of Tuesday 28, I called the embassy and they said, they are trying their best to bring to an end my case. Left home for town, and within hours, my wife called that the embassy request that we make ourselves available on the next for the issuance of the visa. I quickly came home and called State Department, they confirmed that the embassy (Naples) has rescheduled an appointment for my case.
The following day, at the embassy, was called to present my (our passports, my wife and I). After a while was recalled and told to go a certain office outside the embassy to collect my passport with the visa. At 5pm, was at the office, and after a brief introduction, they made me signed for the collection of passport. They also handed to me a big yellow envelope and advised me never to open it, but to hand it over to the immigration in US.
I thought, I was not going to make it, but the All knowing God thought otherwise. His ways are different from ours. I had given out hope, but God had already said Yes. Oh how good and wonderful he is. I hope the whole of this forum would praise the Lord on my behalf for the wonderful hope He has restored in my life. Thank you.

This is a positive news to hear from you. It made a refreshing change to some of the news we have been hearing during the last two days. Thank God that you finally made it.

I have been a follower and irregular contributor to this forum. After winner the 2010 lottery, I taught I may never make it, because of a higher case number (63xxx).

Congrats Naaa. This has been a hard fought fight with fruitful results. Welcome to America. Stay blessed.

God is with all the 2011 winners as well. He will do it for us to prove to those who think that we are nobody in society, that He, God exists. Peace! Benniit

Glory be to God the Father Almighty.Am very happy for you and indeed He has been on your side

I'm asking the house, where is Immano? Is he saying that he's not been called by the embassy? What's really happening? I am really concerned with his case. Let's hear from you, Immano. Peace! Benniit

I'm asking the house, where is Immano? Is he saying that he's not been called by the embassy? What's really happening? I am really concerned with his case. Let's hear from you, Immano. Peace! Benniit

You are right, sometimes the embassy issues the visa and call the applicant after September 30. With God nothing is impossible.

God surely did this, He does things beyond our thinking and just when we have lost hope...He surely do the rest for you