• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

ammeck,

i quite appreciate the wonderful thing you are doing here, this information is very valuable to me. Most of our active member have gone to the states, after that we don't get to hear much from them.

Honestly you don't know how i appreciate this piece of information you are sharing with us.

We are family of five, is like i will need something like that but maybe 2002 model. However let me arrive first. Please keep it up.

I have already contacted about 3 apartment companies in Houston through Apartment.com, they are expecting us in October for inspection. I am looking at the range of $700 - $800/months including water, electricity and trash for a 2 bed room apartment. Houses are generally cheap in Houston and its suburbs. I am planning to live in Cypress.

One love

You are doing the right thing, knowing what is ahead of you is very important. $700-$800 for 2 bedroom apartment including water and electricity is very good.

I will try to look for places where you could buy cheap cars in the Houston area.

Hello guys, we thank God for the greater things He is doing in our lives. And happy for you guys especially my good friends ammeck and Donkay.

After my painful esperience I had to go through to get a sponsor for the interview, things haven't been straight forward as expected at all.

During the day of the interview, ie on the 7th sept, we didn't spend much time at the embassy. The consular Officer call us(my wife & I) to the counter and told us that he will interview us separately to be sure of our relationship as couple because we got married after the electronic application was made. So he took turns to interview us. By God's grace, the answers I provided to his questions were the same answers my wife also provided. So the three of us were happy at that moment. He then gave us a green piece of paper bearring our names and asked us to appear on the 17th of Sept. for our visas.

My wife is a health worker and due to her tight schedule at work, we asked him if one person could return on the said date to pick up the visas and the officer replied yes.

So on the said date I got there to pick up the visas. The same officer called and told me that I need to bring my wife back again because he's gotten some few more basic questions for my wife to answer. The 17th was friday so on the Momday 20th, we came back to the embassy and after calling my wife and talking to her alone, he told us that they are done with us and that they will call us on phone later. Meanwhile at this time, he didn't give us any chit nor sheet and even our passports and other documents are with them.

So I often ask myself: Is this a drama or a dream?
My worry is that we have about 4 working days to end the whole show and there is no concrete conclusion yet.

So I want to know from you guys: Has this ever happened to anyone of you or somebody you know? That after series of such interviews the embassy didn't give any exact date but rather called the person on phone to come for the visa or......what?

Don't forget to also pray me. Thanks to you all

Hi Immano,
The embassy will call you when they complete what they want to check. The problem is that you have only a few days left. As it will be almost ten days since you made your last interview, you better call the embassy on Monday to recall them about your case. What exactly did the officer ask your wife when he talked to her on the 17th? Was he still concerned whether you have a bona fida marriage? Or something else came up?

Hello guys, we thank God for the greater things He is doing in our lives. And happy for you guys especially my good friends ammeck and Donkay.

After my painful esperience I had to go through to get a sponsor for the interview, things haven't been straight forward as expected at all.

During the day of the interview, ie on the 7th sept, we didn't spend much time at the embassy. The consular Officer call us(my wife & I) to the counter and told us that he will interview us separately to be sure of our relationship as couple because we got married after the electronic application was made. So he took turns to interview us. By God's grace, the answers I provided to his questions were the same answers my wife also provided. So the three of us were happy at that moment. He then gave us a green piece of paper bearring our names and asked us to appear on the 17th of Sept. for our visas.

My wife is a health worker and due to her tight schedule at work, we asked him if one person could return on the said date to pick up the visas and the officer replied yes.

So on the said date I got there to pick up the visas. The same officer called and told me that I need to bring my wife back again because he's gotten some few more basic questions for my wife to answer. The 17th was friday so on the Momday 20th, we came back to the embassy and after calling my wife and talking to her alone, he told us that they are done with us and that they will call us on phone later. Meanwhile at this time, he didn't give us any chit nor sheet and even our passports and other documents are with them.

My worry is that we have about 4 working days to end the whole show and there is no concrete conclusion yet.

So I want to know from you guys: Has this ever happened to anyone of you or somebody you know? That after series of such interviews the embassy didn't give any exact date but rather called the person on phone to come for the visa or......what?

Hi Immano, I'm really touched by your experience. You'll be called before the Sept fades out, trust in the Most High. The foundation laid by Him cannot be put into destruction. You feel dejected and miserable, but you'll happily laugh in the end. Yes, only four working days left, but I have the conviction that you will surely be called. Go onto your knees, petition this distasteful encounter to God, and He will never let u down. I am with u in prayers as well. We wait unto you Lord, make a way for us! Don't let our enemies mock and laugh at us, for our Deliverer is You. Immano, it's done in Jesus' name, Amen! Peace! Benniit

Hi immano,

The good book makes us understand that God does things beautiful @ his own time. It's true that we have some few days to the end of the fiscal year but trust in God for your breakthrough. We are with you in prayers.

You are doing the right thing, knowing what is ahead of you is very important. $700-$800 for 2 bedroom apartment including water and electricity is very good.

I will try to look for places where you could buy cheap cars in the Houston area.

Please do, i quite appreciate.

One love.

$700-800 per month for a 2 bedroom apartment is definitely cheap. We pay double that in Los Angeles for a 2 bedroom/1.5 bathroom. I used apartments.com too, but I was also a bit familiar with the particular area I was looking at as I'd been there before years back.

All the best with everything

My brother,

For a new immigrant, honestly Texas (Houston) is a perfect place for soft landing. The standard of leaving is high and Cost of leaving low.

One love

Hi this is the time to stand firm in the Lord. I'm really touched by your situation and wish a speedy conclusion to your case before the end of this month. Don't despair in adversity, for the good Lord knows your problem, and the sorrows and tears that you are currently shedding will not continue after Sept 30.

Joequi, try and search for Manheim auto auction Houston and try to see if you could get someone to contact or you can go there yourself and talk to someone over there. But make sure no one 'con' you of your hard earned money. You may see a lot of Nigerians and Ghanaians there, and that's is where most of them buys their cars and ship them to Africa.

This is their address and telephone number:
8215 Kopman Road
Houston, TX 77061-5045
(713) 649-8233

Hi Immano,
The embassy will call you when they complete what they want to check. The problem is that you have only a few days left. As it will be almost ten days since you made your last interview, you better call the embassy on Monday to recall them about your case. What exactly did the officer ask your wife when he talked to her on the 17th? Was he still concerned whether you have a bona fida marriage? Or something else came up?

The consular offficer just asked her basic questions about her life. She was asked whether she had ever traveled outside the country with a different passport before, also the man asked her the names and the number of her siblings and also the names of all other places she had lived before marriage. So from the 1st to the 2nd interviews, the was no concern of doubts raised about the genuineness of our marriage. The 2nd interview lasted for 5mins

Immano, I don't think there is a big deal here. The consular officers always want to be really sure that they are dealing with a genuine case. If there had not been anything falsified in ur documents, be sure to get the visa. They sometimes even do quick security name checks after interviews, that may be why they asked about her siblings. Anyways, from what the CO asked, there seems to be no big issue and hopefully u will get ur visas soon. Good luck.

immano,
i think most of our members have said it all, for this is the time to show to the Lord Almighty how much you trust Him and i know at the end of it all He will do things to Glorify His Own name.
we will continue to be with you in prayers. stay blessed and the Lord be with you.

Hi Immano,
We are all praying to the Lord Almighty that this case will conclude in the way that will make you happy. But above all entreat the Lord to Let his will be done. If it is the will of God that you get this visa, it shall be so in his name.

Hi Immano,
We are all praying to the Lord Almighty that this case will conclude in the way that will make you happy. But above all entreat the Lord to Let his will be done. If it is the will of God that you get this visa, it shall be so in his name.

Am with you ma Bro.

If I were you I wuld keep calling the embassy regarding my case.....you need to move fast.....you are in my prayerz

Hey Ammeck good to see you are now settling in slowly....btw how long is one supposed to stay in the U.S before he/she can come back?....let me know