• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi fitness901,

I am sorry to hear the case was postponed a week.
Sometimes good things come in a difficult way.
But at least it is not bad news at all and you still
have time. Just do what you can within this week.
Keep praying, we are praying as well...

Good Morning Guy

First i want to congrats Capelive for your card production.........am sorry i didn't came to tell you about my sister court day yesterday we were Little sad, it was not good news and it was not bad news either.........the court set date for next week again, i really do not know why ,the visa was available but they want to see more evidence from her old case, some witness and statement from from ex husband ............ her old case was marriage...........,the court want her to proved the marriage was real, it was little complicated case she was on deportation procedure ..........the ex-husband is around i do not think it is going be a problem............please we still need your prayers and i want to thank you every body

New one, middle.com nepal2010, I2009 and capeolive

Hi i2009,

Starting the petitions necessitates approval of I-824
which is at PFO. Also to be able to file required I-864
a copy of my green card is needed. So I should be a
little more patient...

Can you take an InfoPass and ask them to stamp your passport with the I-551 since your case has been approved? That may give you a couple of extra weeks to start your family's petitions.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Guy

First i want to congrats Capelive for your card production.........am sorry i didn't came to tell you about my sister court day yesterday we were Little sad, it was not good news and it was not bad news either.........the court set date for next week again, i really do not know why ,the visa was available but they want to see more evidence from her old case, some witness and statement from from ex husband ............ her old case was marriage...........,the court want her to proved the marriage was real, it was little complicated case she was on deportation procedure ..........the ex-husband is around i do not think it is going be a problem............please we still need your prayers and i want to thank you every body

New one, middle.com nepal2010, I2009 and capeolive

At least they didn't say NO!!!! And this is important!!!! So, let's hope for the best!!! Good luck to your sister and you!!!!! Do everything they ask!!!

Guys it has been 45 days sice I got my AOS recipt and I still have not got my Biometric appointment letter. Do you guys think this is normal ??? I just had a meeting with USCIS offical through INFOPASS today and he said I-485 will take around 1to 2 years minimum, regardless of my explaination to him that my case is through DV Lottery and my case after September 2010 will automatically disqualify (Unless I am thinking wrong). I am really worried why they are taking such a long time to send me the biometric appointment letters. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you

Hi! Olsson:

I am also wondering how will I find out lagging time on Denver, CO USCIS office. Its look like lagging time is really high here in some place.

Can some one tell me how can I find out I-485 lagging time for my DV 2010 processing.

Thanks.

Bikah your name sounds like you are from NEPAL. So how long has it been since you got AOS receipt from USCIS

AOS vs. Consular Processing dilemma for a case that will be current in August 2010.

1. My DV number is likely to get current in August. I have not submitted $375 to DOS yet. If I do so in couple days, will I get the receipt for the payment before interview date?

2. Is this receipt (DOS receipt of payment) required to submit my documents to AOS?

3. Can I submit my AOS documents around first week of June 2010. Is this too early for a number that will be current in August?

4. I have heard that AOS processing takes a lot of time. Since the deadline is 09/30/2010 am I likely to get an interview before Sept 30? Should I consider Consular Processing in my home country as an alternative? Is CP a better alternative than AOS for a number that will be current in August 2010?

5. If I request for Consular Processing to KCC will this delay my case? What is usually a cut off date with KCC to change to Consular Processing for the number that will be current in August

Appreciate your help

Hi Olsson,

What do you mean by "AOS receipt"?
Can you add your signature so we can
understand where you are at in the process?

Guys it has been 45 days sice I got my AOS recipt and I still have not got my Biometric appointment letter. Do you guys think this is normal ??? I just had a meeting with USCIS offical through INFOPASS today and he said I-485 will take around 1to 2 years minimum, regardless of my explaination to him that my case is through DV Lottery and my case after September 2010 will automatically disqualify (Unless I am thinking wrong). I am really worried why they are taking such a long time to send me the biometric appointment letters. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you

A1. When you make the payment you'll get a receipt in about 15 days.
A2. You should submit your file with the payment receipt because
KCC won't send your file to the local office without the payment.
A3. If your number becomes current for August you can submit around June 10.
A4. I think CP is a better option than AOS for people with high numbers.
A5. You should call KCC to find out.

You don't have time to waste just call KCC and make up your mind afterwards.
You have a decision to make and not much time left...

AOS vs. Consular Processing dilemma for a case that will be current in August 2010.

1. My DV number is likely to get current in August. I have not submitted $375 to DOS yet. If I do so in couple days, will I get the receipt for the payment before interview date?

2. Is this receipt (DOS receipt of payment) required to submit my documents to AOS?

3. Can I submit my AOS documents around first week of June 2010. Is this too early for a number that will be current in August?

4. I have heard that AOS processing takes a lot of time. Since the deadline is 09/30/2010 am I likely to get an interview before Sept 30? Should I consider Consular Processing in my home country as an alternative? Is CP a better alternative than AOS for a number that will be current in August 2010?

5. If I request for Consular Processing to KCC will this delay my case? What is usually a cut off date with KCC to change to Consular Processing for the number that will be current in August

Appreciate your help

hi NUv,
i was on F-1 and still maintaining it. however, its been a week I started working , means i am using my EAD. how ever i havent used the travel document. So does working will be the negative point on my case??? and I canot do CP because , i dont wanna go back to mu country because my visa has expired and i dont want to be taking any chances. what would be my best option and again how much will it be for the refiling fees.

any news?

Hello guys,
I'm happy for the ones whose cases are moving and praying for those remaining of us waiting. I have a question: has anybody recieved their green "green cards"? I mean the one changed after May 11th?

Thank you
Best

hi NUv,
i was on F-1 and still maintaining it. however, its been a week I started working , means i am using my EAD. how ever i havent used the travel document. So does working will be the negative point on my case??? and I canot do CP because , i dont wanna go back to mu country because my visa has expired and i dont want to be taking any chances. what would be my best option and again how much will it be for the refiling fees.

Using that EAD made your F1 status effectively mute (F1 status now is invalid, but technically your presence in US is not illegal since you were F1) .
Since the 1-485 is rejected, your EAD is mute...hence your work based on that is ILLEGAL ! (unfortunately you do not have valid basis to file a MTR either)

Your situation really need 'good' legal assistance since you seems to have no clue on the whole process, ppl in the forum can do so little for you.
You can refile i-485 but I am not sure what are the implications of your CURRENT situation of 'invalid status but not illegal presence', I think it voids you legal basis to file i-485 again.

BUT PL GET 'GOOD' LEGAL ADVISE. 'Cos even if you re-file, USCIS will/may/can (!!!) take for ever to handle your now 'complicated' case and you will run out of time.

The best course of action is to ask KCC and change to CP.....you will have to act fast on this. Your now illegal status has no effect once you leave and it will not be a hindrance to do CP.

Where would be your home US embassy, is it a busy DV post?

You have time and it can be done , IF all your basic 'DV case background' is fine (documents, financial status and security clearance) , you have nothing to worry about CP.

Good Luck !

Hi jasmine182,

As far as I can remember nobody has received
any green cards during past 30 days, old or new.
I think what has happened was they probably delayed
giving the old cards to be able to give the new ones.
And probably this caused a small backlog. I think
most of us who have been waiting for the cards
will get them very soon...

There might be a "green card boom" soon.
Who knows one day we might be called:
"green card boomers"

Hello guys,
I'm happy for the ones whose cases are moving and praying for those remaining of us waiting. I have a question: has anybody recieved their green "green cards"? I mean the one changed after May 11th?

Thank you
Best

You have complicated your legal status somehow.
At this point it would be wise to get "reliable legal advice"
about how to proceed. Keep in mind "some" of the lawyers
do NOT know much about DV process...

hi NUv,

Hi people who are waiting for their brand new "green" cards,

I did a research on the subject and learned that there was a delay
in sending the redesigned green cards due to the switch.

The good news is starting from May 19, 2010 people started
getting their redesigned "green" cards. So, I am pretty sure
we'll soon start getting some good news as well...

Hi friends,

Before I forget I would like to thank everybody who has congratulated me on my CPO.

Thank you for your genuine support:

NuvF, leongsce, middle.com, x2010x, 2010forme, new one, Daima, fitness901, i2009, Norkira and the others...

I hope people who are still in the process get smooth interviews,
the ones waiting for their cards get their "green" cards soon.
The ones who have already got their "old style" cards (not green)
should still be thankful at least they got something. (just kidding)

Thank you again...

hi capeolive,
thanks for your advice. but i am again confused where to get the legal advice, my own lawyer came out to be an a**hole. But ya i am having an appoint from info pass tomorrow and I might ask all my question there, how ever i have one more question. if i have to reapply do i still have to pay $1010 or can i just pay less for AOS since that $1010 is including all the 3 processes of which 2 are already been approved..
and again guys all your help and advice are appreciated and i am having my fingers crossed..