• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

hey guys i also won the dv lottery for the year 2010. MY CN is AS259XX which i think will be current for the month of august. How ever the problem here is that, I didnt had enough time to do all the process and I hired the lawyer but now i am having this feeling that , that lawyer was not even close to fulfill my expectation. Long story short, she made me apply for change of status, travel document and work permit on janaury, while my number was not even close to current. I didnt all those things, I was all negative about that fact and I knew that something was not right. However after a month of filing, i was called for biometrics and on march I got my travel document and work permit as well. So i thought that everything was going fine. however 2 weeks ago I got a mail from locker office saying that my application for AOS has been declined because I was supposed to apply no more than 90 before my number becomes current and when I told this thing to my lawyer, she started as if she was right and the immigration office is wrong and to prove that she is writing a leter to immigration to get a clear explanation. However, I cannot wait on this lawyer to get my things in right track and I want to take over from this point so that nothing goes wrong. Now the question that I have is that what I have to do to reapply for AOS. what is the fee gonna be coz i already paid $1010 to immigration and got my work permit and travel doc. Do i still have to pay the amount or the amount will be waived or I only have to pay for AOS. another question. I heard that one guy filed the application such that if his number was current on august, he send the package in the way that it will be on the immigration by 2nd of august and he got the receipt soon. So when should I file my application if my number becomes current on august. I really need some expert advise and I am relying on you guys to give me a right direction.thanks for reading my post...

Hi Summet,
sorry to hear your experience. Good luck, I hope everything will be ok on the end.

my best regard to

I 2009 and Capolive ,thank you for your wishes for my sister ............i am really scar for her..........her hearing is 1pm, i wish am there with her
i will let you know as soon as i hear somthing from her .

Again thanks

Hi fitness901,
I hope you'll bring us good news about your sister case.

I received two weeks ago the NL for the 2011 DV from the KCC . I am currently in the US and I will be using the AOS route. What are the next steps? I see from previous forum that I need to send only the bar code and the DSP-122 forms with photographs. How about my wife? Do I need to fill a separate DSP-122 form for her too? Can someone please advice?

Hi friends,

There is an update on my case!

Whoever says USCIS is not working hard enough is mistaken!
They are indeed working hard enough, especially the Philadelphia
Field Office. I thank the good people who have been working on my
rather complicated case and approving it in 11 days, you guys have
my best wishes and prayers...

I got a text message and an email about my CPO.
Yes, my Card Production has been Ordered...

I thank each and everyone of you who supported me with
prayers and good wishes. I thank God who brought me
up to this point in my process...

The good ones who are still in process have my best wishes and prayers...

Wooow amazing capeolive. Congratulations!!!!!!
Sooooooo happy for you. That was really fast.
Obviously there are some good people that work very hard do have it done as soon as it possible.
Good luck with your family, I hope they'll have interview soon and finally you'll be together.

I received two weeks ago the NL for the 2011 DV from the KCC . I am currently in the US and I will be using the AOS route. What are the next steps? I see from previous forum that I need to send only the bar code and the DSP-122 forms with photographs. How about my wife? Do I need to fill a separate DSP-122 form for her too?
Can someone please advise. Thanks R2010.

Hi new one,

I hope you come across some good people at your interview as well.
Thank you for your good wishes. Before your interview don't take any
breaks, work hard. After your interview you can take the break until
you get your card. Then freedom, sweet freedom...

Wooow amazing capeolive. Congratulations!!!!!!
Sooooooo happy for you. That was really fast.
Obviously there are some good people that work very hard do have it done as soon as it possible.
Good luck with your family, I hope they'll have interview soon and finally you'll be together.

............ How about my wife? Do I need to fill a separate DSP-122 form for her too?
Thanks R2010.

You do it only for the principal applicant, call KCC and just make sure that your wife is there in your case file as a derivative applicant.
AoS 2011 thread will be helpful to you. Read some more of past posts, you'll know what to do.

Hi R2010,

Welcome to the forum.

You should just follow the instructions on how to proceed.
Unfortunately some people were claiming of not receiving
the instructions. If you don't have any of the forms you can
download them from the USCIS site. You have plenty of time
you should study this forum and try to understand the process
for yourself. I gotta wrap it up for the night. In case you have not
received the instructions I am posting last years instructions for you...

"Instructions:
Step I
Complete the following forms that are included in this packet:
Form DSP-122: (Supplemental Registration for the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program) - Only
the Principal Applicant needs to complete Form DSP-122.
Form DS-230 Part I: (Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data
Sheet) - Principal Applicant and all family members applying for a Diversity Visa must submit
Form DS-230 Part L
Form DS-230 Part II: (Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Sworn
Statement) Do not sign this form at this time. Principal Applicant and all family members
applying for a Diversity Visa should submit an unsigned Form DS-230 Part II.
Note: Family members refer only to your spouse and unmarried children who had not reached
age2l before you entered the lottery. If you have had additional children since entering the DV
lottery, or your immediate family situation has changed, include notification of these changes,
with a copy (not an original) of the relevant birth certificate or marriage certificate, and all
required forms when you return this packet to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC).
Step 2
Submit one (l) photograph for yourself and for each family member applying for a Diversity
Immigrant Visa. Ensure that the photos comply with the attached General Photo Requirements.
Step 3
Using the enclosed return address label, send all the completed forms and photographs for
yourself and your family members to:
Department of State
Kentucky Consular Center (KCC)
3505 North Highway 25W
Williamsburg KY, 40769 USA"
"Attachment 2 - Adjusting Status in the U.S.
If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for adjustment of status. The option to
adjust status may not be available to all applicants. To determine whether or not you may
adjuststatusyoumustcontactUSCIS'IfUSCISconfirms
ents to your local USCIS office. USCIS will
provide instructions on how to proceed. It will not be necessary for you to contact KCC
for any further information or instructions if you apply to adjust status in the U.S.
If your spouse and/or children live outside the United States, they may be eligible
to apply for immigrant visas under the Diversity Visa program at a U.S. Embassy or
Consulate General. However, the Embassy/Consulate cannot process your family
members' applications until notification is received from USCIS advising that you have
adjusted status. USCIS will not automatically notify the embassy or consulate that you
have adjusted status and that your family members will apply abroad for their visas to
join you. You must request USC6 to notify the embassy or consulate where your family
intends to apply. The embassy or consulate must also be notified of the address where
your family members can be contacted to schedule an interview.
Please remember that your spouse and/or children must apply for and be issued
immigrant visas before the Diversity Visa program ends on September 30, 2010. Ensure
that the embassy or consulate receives notification from USCIS in time to process the
visas before the end of DV-2010. They will not be eligible to apply for or be issued visas
under this program after the closing date. For additional information on adjusting your
status in the United States, please refer to www.uscis.qov.
If USCIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to
pay a non-refundable diversity visa fee directly to the Department of State. This fee is
assessed to cover the cost incurred by the Department in running the DV Program and is
separate from any fees you will need to pay USCIS as part of your adjustment
application. You must pay the diversity visa fee for yourself and for each member of
your immediate family who plans to adjust status with you in the United States.
Family members living overseas will pay the diversity visa fee at the
embassy/consulate where they will receive their visa. The fee for these family members
must not be paid in the United States.
Please consult the Fee Schedule at http://travel.state.eovlvisa/vofees.htnrl#perm
for the most current fee information.
You must complete payment of the diversity visa fee before processing of your
case can continue. Follow the instructions on the attached page labeled "Adjustment of
Status Fee Payment." Bring the receipt that is mailed back to you to your interview at
USCIS. Please include your DV case number on your cashier's check or postal money
order. The address on the attached receipt form should be used only for fee payment.
Adjustment of Status Instructions
Adjustment of Status Fee Payment
lnclude:
l. This form with all information completed.
2. A cashiers check or postal money order for the correct DV fee amount, with the DV
case number noted on the cashiers check or money order.
3. A self-addressed stamped envelope
Mail to:
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979A79
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000
DV Prograrn Case Number:
Selectee Surnarne
Selectee Given Name
Address
City: State: _ Zip Code:
Payment for persons adjusting status in the [J.S.
(Nurnber of Persons)
Total Amount enclosed
persons adjusting status in the U.S.)
(Fee amount times the nurnber of
Adjustment of Status Instructions"

I received two weeks ago the NL for the 2011 DV from the KCC . I am currently in the US and I will be using the AOS route. What are the next steps? I see from previous forum that I need to send only the bar code and the DSP-122 forms with photographs. How about my wife? Do I need to fill a separate DSP-122 form for her too?
Can someone please advise. Thanks R2010.

Hi DV-2010,

Hope your GCs are imminent!

I am a DV-2011 winner currently in the US on F1 visa. I was wondering if any of you left the US to his country after filing DS-230/DSP-122 but before filing i485.

Basically my question is:
i. I already submitted DS-230 and DSP-122 to KCC and the payment to DOS
ii. I have not submitted i485 because my number is still not current
ii. I need to go to my country

Will i have problems at the Port of Entry when i come back? Are forms DS-230 and DSP-122 considered as intent of switching to an immigrant status? Will they let me lose my F1 status and thus my ability to return to the US?

Thanks for any help!

reptile

---------------------- AS00016xxx ------------------------------
May 06, 2010: NL1 received from KCC (it was sent on April 28, 2010).
May 14, 2010: DS-230, DSP-122, Barcode and Two Photos sent to KCC.
May 14, 2010: Postal Money Order (375$) + SASE + Information sheet sent to DOS.
May 21, 2010: Receipt obtained from DOS (Dated May 17, 2010)

Immigrant intent; (DV perspective)

i 485- sign and submit to USCIS with payments/ receipt notice issued.
DS 230 - Pay fees and sign PII in front of a consular officer.

If non above happened, nothing is in their records to prove the intent, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi friends,

Congratulations!

Good Morning Guy

First i want to congrats Capelive for your card production.........am sorry i didn't came to tell you about my sister court day yesterday we were Little sad, it was not good news and it was not bad news either.........the court set date for next week again, i really do not know why ,the visa was available but they want to see more evidence from her old case, some witness and statement from from ex husband ............ her old case was marriage...........,the court want her to proved the marriage was real, it was little complicated case she was on deportation procedure ..........the ex-husband is around i do not think it is going be a problem............please we still need your prayers and i want to thank you every body

New one, middle.com nepal2010, I2009 and capeolive

Congratulations capeolive! this is great news, I was looking forward to hearing that you got that message. I am very happy for you. I hope you can reunite with your family here in the US pretty soon.

Congratulations one more time!

Hi friends,

FINALLY, the good news I've been waiting for. CONGRATS :) :) :)

Good Morning Guy
.........am sorry i didn't came to tell you about my sister court day yesterday we were Little sad, it was not good news and it was not bad news either.........the court set date for next week again, i really do not know why ,the visa was available but they want to see more evidence from her old case, some witness and statement from from ex husband ............ her old case was marriage...........,the court want her to proved the marriage was real, it was little complicated case she was on deportation procedure ..........the ex-husband is around i do not think it is going be a problem............please we still need your prayers and i want to thank you every body

Hi fitness901, tell your sister to hang in there. It's a good thing they didn't just deny her, at least their working on her case and trying to approve her. Best of luck to her. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Hi guys,

Maybe somebody could help me with my question.

Company's lawyer (i'm on h1b) is asking me for some supporting documents for I-140 petition. I already told them that I got welcome letter for DV 2011 and will do AOS my self.

They said that it's 2 separate process (obviously) and they will continue on working on my EB3.

Should I talk to my employer again and explain that EB3 is no longer needed?

Or just give the lawyer what they are asking for to be on the safe and do not cancel I-140 until DV green card is received?

Hello lisa6,

I assume that they already applied for your Labor Certificate and they are ready to file your I-140. The Labor Certificate is valid for only 180 days (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PermRuleLaborCert052407.pdf) so the I-140 petition needs to be filed in that time frame. Also notice that the Labor Certificate's receipt date will be your "Priority Date" which drives the immigrant visa availability (there is a long wait for EB3) and that you don't want to lose it.

Said that, and considering the "risky" nature of the DV, I would suggest that you go ahead and file the I-140 but DON'T file the I-485 (because having two active pending I-485 could potentially complicate your case). Once you have your I-140 approved you can wait and process your DV AOS, if something goes wrong with your DV petition, then you can have another chance.

Does it make sense?

Best of luck

Hi NuvF,

Since I had had pending AOS application they have
transferred my I-824 application from TSC to Philadelphia
and merged it with my DV file. I was told I did not have to
refile I-824 or do anything. To start FTJ in my country,
on my part I have to file I-864 for that I need a copy of
my green card...

By the way thanks for your help in the past...

Can you take an InfoPass and ask them to stamp your passport with the I-551 since your case has been approved? That may give you a couple of extra weeks to start your family's petitions.

Good luck!

Good Morning Guy

First i want to congrats Capelive for your card production.........am sorry i didn't came to tell you about my sister court day yesterday we were Little sad, it was not good news and it was not bad news either.........the court set date for next week again, i really do not know why ,the visa was available but they want to see more evidence from her old case, some witness and statement from from ex husband ............ her old case was marriage...........,the court want her to proved the marriage was real, it was little complicated case she was on deportation procedure ..........the ex-husband is around i do not think it is going be a problem............please we still need your prayers and i want to thank you every body

New one, middle.com nepal2010, I2009 and capeolive

So sorry to hear that things did not get resolved yesterday but I am sure that everything will be alright. I think that it is a positive thing that they are asking for more evidence, your sister has passed a few rounds already, I hope that next week is her successful one. Ask your sister to keep fighting and to keep a positive attitude. Her strength will pay off.

Thank you Norkira and i 2009.........i hope it pay off at the end she was just hoping yesterday was day ,snice last month the court were asking for KCC file only..........Thanks

Hi reptile,

Since you have not file I-485 yet it wouldn't
be a problem to re-enter as long as you have
a valid visa. You can call USCIS just to make sure...

Hi DV-2010,

Hope your GCs are imminent!

I am a DV-2011 winner currently in the US on F1 visa. I was wondering if any of you left the US to his country after filing DS-230/DSP-122 but before filing i485.

Basically my question is:
i. I already submitted DS-230 and DSP-122 to KCC and the payment to DOS
ii. I have not submitted i485 because my number is still not current
ii. I need to go to my country

Will i have problems at the Port of Entry when i come back? Are forms DS-230 and DSP-122 considered as intent of switching to an immigrant status? Will they let me lose my F1 status and thus my ability to return to the US?

Thanks for any help!

reptile

---------------------- AS00016xxx ------------------------------
May 06, 2010: NL1 received from KCC (it was sent on April 28, 2010).
May 14, 2010: DS-230, DSP-122, Barcode and Two Photos sent to KCC.
May 14, 2010: Postal Money Order (375$) + SASE + Information sheet sent to DOS.
May 21, 2010: Receipt obtained from DOS (Dated May 17, 2010)