• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I went to USCIS today and talk with the Immigration officer and I am really confuse with their answer............

1. ........................

Another sorry story of the dreaded 'INFO-PASS' .....let us call it 'MIS-INFO PASS'

1. You can submit i-485 AS SOON AS you see your number in the visa bulletin 'advance notification' column.

2. Everything has to be done (adjudicated) before Sept. 30th, DoS will not allow/allocate USCIS (or embassies) to print DV 10 visas after Sept. 30th 2359 Hrs EDT.

3. You have to get police reports from countries other than USA where you lived after 16 yrs for more than 6 mos. (No hard and fast rule clearly mentioned about your native country police report, but get it as well as from other countries if applicable) G-325 form is supposed to help USCIS to get native country police report via the US embassy there, but I am not sure how practically it is happening for some countries. So one better get ALL police reports themselves except for USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
In practice they have been accepting "early filings"
up to around 50 Days in advance.

If it is still possible I would advice you to switch to CP
because the process here, because of the time frame left,
might be very stressful and at the end you may not have
enough time to get "approval" before 9/30/2010...

I went to USCIS today and talk with the Immigration officer and I am really confuse with their answer.

1. They told me that if I number AS25xxx become current in August 2010, which will be publish on June 2010, I can only file my AOS package on August 2010 instead of June 2010. However, as some of the forum friend suggested that I can file my AOS package as early as June 2010 and also I read on Murthy.com that technically immigration law allow you to file 90 days before your number become current.

2. They also told me that once my AOS package application is accepted before Sept 30, 2010, I can wait for my interview or biometrics even after Sept. 30 2010. (This really confuses me, as I have been reading from lots of web-site and this forum that everything needs to be completed by Sept. 30 2010).

3. Police Clearance: according to them, I don’t need police clearance if I don’t have any criminal record (Again, I thought we need to get police clearance where ever we have stayed for more than six months after our 16th birthday).

Please suggest as I am really confuse.

Thanks for all the help.

I won the 2011 DV lottery. But my number is 2011AS000429XX
1. Does anyone know if I stand any chance to get the Visa, I am malaysian.
2. When can I expect second NL from KCC if all regions become "current" on August 2011?
And time frame between received 2nd NL and appointment schedule?
3. How fast is the CP ( from interview until received the visa), and won't be receiving GC until admitted to US?
4. What is the standard time frame between submitting AOS and interview appointment?
5.How long does it take to change CP to AOS?

2. When can I expect second NL from KCC if all regions become "current" on August 2011?
3. How fast is the CP ( from interview until received the visa), and won't be receiving GC until admitted to US?
4. What is the standard time frame between submitting AOS and interview appointment?

ftkhiong,
congrats !
your cn is high but almost everyone gets a chance. read this thread ...
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...r-less-likely-to-get-GC&p=2189743#post2189743
there are 2 ways you to proceed with your application - cp or aos.
if you have valid reasons for getting a visa to stay in the usa the next 2 years or more then you can try the aos route otherwise go for cp. for cp, candidates get interviews in the same month they are current. can't say the same for aos but normally things move faster near the end of their fiscal year (sept). once you are approved during or after the interview you will get your immigrant visa. you will be given a sealed envelope to be handed over to the customs officer upon your arrival at the point of entry (poe) in the us. they will process you at that point and your gc will be mailed to you to the us address you indicated in your forms.
good luck.

Hello fitness901, I hope that everything goes well with your sister's hearing this Monday. Keep us posted!

Best of luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys

i have a question,
do kcc sends us a confirmation when our file is transferred to local USCIS. Or we need to call them to confirm it. Its been a week after my biometrics. So is it wise to get an infopass now coz i havent got my interview letter yet. i m not sure bt is it due to the kcc filethat cause a delay in interview appointment. I hope my question make sense.

Leongsce,
Thanks for the infor. and advise.
I am currently holding H4 in US . Do you think AOS process could be completed within two months time? I wish they will make all regions current next July.

Question for you, So once my number current, KCC will send me a 2nd NL ? Or KCC will send 2nd NL
30 days prior my number current?

Thanks
ftkhiong

i have a question,
do kcc sends us a confirmation when our file is transferred to local USCIS. Or we need to call them to confirm it. Its been a week after my biometrics. So is it wise to get an infopass now coz i havent got my interview letter yet. i m not sure bt is it due to the kcc filethat cause a delay in interview appointment. I hope my question make sense.

Hello nepal2010,

No, KCC will not send any notification that the file was requested by the USCIS but, if you call, they don't have any problems in letting you know.

Good luck

Hi ftkhiong,

A1. Your best bet is to do CP.
A2. After sending DSP-122 and DS-230 you'll get Second NL in about 15 days.
A3. In CP process you get interviewed the month your number becomes current and you get your
visa within days.
A4. Usually AOS takes anywhere between 3 to 5 months.
A5. Switching between AOS and CP takes between 2 months (that's what I've heard)

In your case if I could leave US I would do CP nothing else.

Good luck to you in your process.

They do not send any type of confirmation about case transfers.
In your case it is too early to do anything even to worry...

i have a question,

Hi ftkhiong,

First of all you posted your number as "2011AS000429XX" if this is the case
you are a winner of "Fiscal Year 2011" DV Lottery which will start on October 1, 2010
and end on September 30, 2011. First of all clarify this...

2nd NL is received in about 15 days after sending in DSP-122 and DS-230 regardless of
what your number is...

If you are planning to do DV application yourself I would advice you to start from first page
of this forum and do some studying...

Leongsce,
I am currently holding H4 in US . Do you think AOS process could be completed within two months time? I wish they will make all regions current next July.

Question for you, So once my number current, KCC will send me a 2nd NL ? Or KCC will send 2nd NL

Thanks
ftkhiong

Leongsce,

Thanks
ftkhiong

ftkhiong,
how long is your h4 for? when does it expire? this will determine whether you can do aos or cp. but another thing to remember is that your cn is high ... so the likelihood of you being current will be at the end of the fiscal year 2011 around aug/sept. if you are doing aos your enemy will be time because it takes longer ... cp may be a better route.
good luck.

Hi! Capeolive and all the good people here in this forum:

First of all thank for all the advice you are giving me and all the people who has log into this forum.

I am thinking about doing changing my AOS to CP and I just show this tag and would like to ask some more question about "Changing from AOS to CP"

1. As you said that it will take 2 months to transfer from AOS to CP? Do you think if I will do it within may, I will get all the paper and interview date before August here in USA itself?

2. What are the other paper do I need to have to do CP?

3. What is the procedure to transfer from AOS to CP?

Thanks to all.

First of all thank for all the advice you are giving me and all the people who has log into this forum.

I am thinking about doing changing my AOS to CP and I just show this tag and would like to ask some more question about "Changing from AOS to CP"

1. As you said that it will take 2 months to transfer from AOS to CP? Do you think if I will do it within may, I will get all the paper and interview date before August here in USA itself?

Thanks to all.

Hello Bikash123,

If you want to switch to CP you need to call KCC asap and they will give you the instructions of what you need to do.

Good luck

Thanks to all.

Provided your # become current in Aug., you will be able to send in i-485 in June and a very good chance of success before Sept. 30th. But as you know, the anxiety will be immense and all for you to bear!! However 2 basic things will be in play how 'complicated' the journey would get, 1st one only you know...which is your 'case background'.....like documents, your own status now in US etc. etc., The 2nd is 'how complicated' your local office is, and that some in this forum will be able to help if you tell what city is it?

And then your Q about AoS to CP.........who said it takes 2 mos? Generally it is not that complicated.
If you decide before your number become current in visa bulletin (June) KCC will send the file direct to embassy. KCC will give info what you need to do to request the change. Basically you need to send a signed request with your photos again to them.

If you decide to change after the file is sent to field office (it happen only if your number is current in the VB and you have paid DoS fee of $375), then you have to coordinate with, KCC/embassy and field office to get your file transferred to embassy. And still it can be done in a short while. I had the transfer initiated and successful CP intvw. done within 21 days last year (Aug. 1st-21st !!), but with exceptional and very professional support from the local US embassy (not a busy DV post anyway). Actual transfer took within only 11 days, additional 10 was for my option due to travel, medicals at home etc.

If you come to this stage, transfer will depend how busy your local embassy and how quickly the transfer will be handled by field office. Do not let it go to this stage if your local office and embassy are generally in the 'busy and complicated' category.....act fast...now!

If you have already paid $375 and you change to CP, you will have to pay it at embassy too, then come back and ask KCC for a refund.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck !

Hi Bikash123,

A1. That's what I heard from somebody who did the switch (2 months)
It might take shorter. If you do CP you'll get interviewed at a US Consulate.
A2. It changes from country to country but in addition to documents you need here
you will need "police certificate" and do your "medical examination" in your country.
A.3 You should call KCC and ask them how long it would take to do the switch from AOS to CP
and if you decide to do it, ask them how to proceed. If you need to send them anything
make sure to use courier services also email them about it.

Whatever your decision is good luck to you in your process...

Thanks to all.

Hi Capeolive and LeongSCE,
Thanks for prompt response. You guys are great.
My H-4 will expire May 2011. But pretty confident will need to change it back to H-1b soon.
More question about 2nd NL.
1. What is in 2nd NL? My appointment schedule for doing CP ?
2. I already filled up BCIS on form 122, I just need to submit request email to KCC to change AOS to CP. Right?
3. When can I receive CP interview letter from KCC, if my number become "current" August 2011? I afraid that
I will never receive any CP interview letter because when case number become current, its approaching 9/30/2011.

Thanks again
ftkhiong

Hi Capeolive and LeongSCE,
Thanks for prompt response. You guys are great.
My H-4 will expire May 2011. But pretty confident will need to change it back to H-1b soon.
More question about 2nd NL.
1. What is in 2nd NL? My appointment schedule for doing CP ?
2. I already filled up BCIS on form 122, I just need to submit request email to KCC to change AOS to CP. Right?
3. When can I receive CP interview letter from KCC, if my number become "current" August 2011? I afraid that
I will never receive any CP interview letter because when case number become current, its approaching 9/30/2011.

Thanks again
ftkhiong

ftkhiong,
the 2nd nl, if you do aos, will be kcc's confirmation that you intend to do aos and they will transfer your case to uscis and some instructions. it is not an interview letter. i am not familiar with cp but i think the 2nd nl for cp will be instructions for your consular interview, medicals, etc. i'm sure someone familiar with the cp process will shed some light for you.

if you filled 'bcis', you are indicating to kcc that you will be doing aos. they will send you the 2nd nl as i explained above. to change fr aos to cp you will need to submit a form (see bikash123's posts above) and some procedures to go thru.

the last question - no one can tell. remain optimistic or maybe bug the hell out of the consulate for an interview when your number becomes current!

good luck.