• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congra x2020x for your good news........... For sure you will see you green card soon

Thanks capeolive. I come with big news this time.
I just received a text message and an e-mail from USCIS. They ordered production of my green card today. 3 weeks today since my interview. I am sooooo happy. But my journey it is not over till I see the card in my hands.

Thank you all guys for helping and always answering my questions[/QUOTE]

I just received a text message and an e-mail from USCIS. They ordered production of my green card today. 3 weeks today since my interview. I am sooooo happy. But my journey it is not over till I see the card in my hands.

Thank you all guys for helping and always answering my questions

Congratulations x2010x!!!! I am very happy for you. It feels great to receive those messages right?

I am checking Visa Bulletins for last year and i see that already in Sept Bulletin they publish PD for Oct .

I know for a fact that my number will be current in Oct. Should i wait until Sept'30 and then send my forms, or i could send them right after Sept Bulletin comes out with numbers for October?

I know there've been a lot of similar questions, but i see a lot of different conflicting answers :)

Thank you

I am checking Visa Bulletins for last year and i see that already in Sept Bulletin they publish PD for Oct .

I know for a fact that my number will be current in Oct. Should i wait until Sept'30 and then send my forms, or i could send them right after Sept Bulletin comes out with numbers for October?

I know there've been a lot of similar questions, but i see a lot of different conflicting answers :)

Thank you

Hello lisa6,

Don't send your application until the Fiscal Year starts (i.e. not before 10/01/2010). For FY2010 they returned the cases that were filed before October 1st.

Hi lisa6,

If your number becomes current in

October you can apply around October 1st.
November you can apply around October 1st.
December you can apply around October 10th.

In other words you cannot file before the fiscal
year starts (October 1st) Also people whose
numbers become current in October cannot take
the advantage of "early filing"...

Thank you

Thank you all guys for helping and always answering my questions

x2010x congratulations!!! That are wonderful news. Just a little bit more and than you can enjoy in your brand new GREEN card.
Good luck!!!

Hi new one,

So, in your case you should have an annual income of
at least $13,538. Even with minimum wage you can make
more money $7.25 X 40 X 52 = $15,080. What I mean is
it would be easy to get a job offer with minimum wage.

Let's say; "some of the employers" don't like their employees
get legalized, I cannot understand why, so they may seem like
trying to help you but in realty they are not.

You should try a) Getting an employment offer, b) Affidavit of support (I-134)

Employment Offer Letter can be for future and can state "when you get your card"
I should also mention sometimes they don't check much things at the interview but
you should be prepared.

Good luck to you but keep trying, don't give up...

Hi capeolive,
Thank you so much. I never give up, so I will get that card soon :D

Thank you guys for your answers. Sept'30 it is.

I'm just going to be like a chicken sitting on my egg until then:)

Congrats x2010x. It's only a matter of days now. Best of luck to you.

Hey all da good ppl,
do ny of u have a sample of employment offer letter. M on F1 status right now n i dont have my ead yet. If i dint get my EAD before my interview is it ok to get an employment offer letter ( as F1 are not allowed to work). N if i get an employment letter dat shows earning more than da poverty line do i still need sponsor???

Hi NuvF,

As far as I could understand:
"Winner is living overseas and doing CP and dependent is in US and wants to do AOS"

In practice there are 3 ways to legalize for a DV winner and his/her family.
1. Principal and derivative(s) can all do CP
2. Principal and derivative(s) can all do AOS
3. Principal can do AOS and derivative(s) can do CP (Actually it is called FTJ, Following-to-Join Diversity Visa Application)

In theory a 4. way might be added to the list where Principal might do CP and later derivative(s) might do AOS.
Even though in theory it might look possible to do it, in practice it may never be done on time and may be not at all.

My advice is "DV applications are time sensitive applications and need to be done in as simple as a way possible,
in this case I would do CP without thinking twice for the whole family " Of course they should seek legal advice
before taking any action. They should also take into consideration that not "all" lawyers are experienced in DV cases...

AoS Pros !.....can you pl take a look at the following thread and give some advise?

Thanks.

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...endent-doing-AoS-AFTER-principal-winner-s-CP-!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you capeolive, 2010FORME, fitness901, i2009, new one, and norkira for the good wishes.
And yes, i2009, it does feel great to receive this kind of messages.

You should go to your interview as prepared as possible.
Financially for instance you can get an employment offer,
it should state your job duties and annual salary. I am not
positive how binding it would be but they would add they are
offering the job in condition you get your permanent residency
until such and such time. It would be better than nothing.
Also I-134 would help a lot. Bank letter, if you have savings,
would help etc. etc.

They may not ask you much at the interview but they have
right to check whether you are financially eligible. So try to do
whatever you can while you still have time...

Hey all da good ppl,
do ny of u have a sample of employment offer letter. M on F1 status right now n i dont have my ead yet. If i dint get my EAD before my interview is it ok to get an employment offer letter ( as F1 are not allowed to work). N if i get an employment letter dat shows earning more than da poverty line do i still need sponsor???

Hey all da good ppl,

Hi nepal2010,
I'm not sure that is good idea give them job offer letter that you worked without EAD. That means that you worked illegal.
Maybe they can give you a letter which shows that you can start to work for them as soon as you get your EAD.
It's hard to find, but I'll cross fingers for you. We are in the same.
Good luck!

I went to USCIS today and talk with the Immigration officer and I am really confuse with their answer.

1. They told me that if I number AS25xxx become current in August 2010, which will be publish on June 2010, I can only file my AOS package on August 2010 instead of June 2010. However, as some of the forum friend suggested that I can file my AOS package as early as June 2010 and also I read on Murthy.com that technically immigration law allow you to file 90 days before your number become current.

2. They also told me that once my AOS package application is accepted before Sept 30, 2010, I can wait for my interview or biometrics even after Sept. 30 2010. (This really confuses me, as I have been reading from lots of web-site and this forum that everything needs to be completed by Sept. 30 2010).

3. Police Clearance: according to them, I don’t need police clearance if I don’t have any criminal record (Again, I thought we need to get police clearance where ever we have stayed for more than six months after our 16th birthday).

Please suggest as I am really confuse.

Thanks for all the help.

I went to USCIS today and talk with the Immigration officer and I am really confuse with their answer.

1. They told me that if I number AS25xxx become current in August 2010, which will be publish on June 2010, I can only file my AOS package on August 2010 instead of June 2010. However, as some of the forum friend suggested that I can file my AOS package as early as June 2010 and also I read on Murthy.com that technically immigration law allow you to file 90 days before your number become current.

2. They also told me that once my AOS package application is accepted before Sept 30, 2010, I can wait for my interview or biometrics even after Sept. 30 2010. (This really confuses me, as I have been reading from lots of web-site and this forum that everything needs to be completed by Sept. 30 2010).

3. Police Clearance: according to them, I don’t need police clearance if I don’t have any criminal record (Again, I thought we need to get police clearance where ever we have stayed for more than six months after our 16th birthday).

Please suggest as I am really confuse.

Thanks for all the help.

Hello Bikash123,

I think that everyone in this thread can relate that talking to those InfoPass agents (I don't think they are Immigration Officers) is a very confusing, and sometimes frustrating, experience.

Now, there is this bulletin stating that DV winners can file the AOS petition as early as 90 days in advance. I have read threads for "AOS Only" since 2007 and there were a few cases when the petitions were returned for filing early as if the person that received the DV cases were not aware of the bulletin. The good thing is that I haven't read any case in this fiscal year being rejected for filing early. Said that, I think that the risk of your case being returned is very low. Anyway, if you file early and they return your petition, then you can file it again. It doesn't mean that you are disqualified.

My advice is that you attach a cover letter to the AOS petition and clearly state that it is a DV case and that it needs to be prioritized for the deadline of September 30th. Also, write your case number in each page of the I-485 Form. Check, double check everything, you don't want that your case being delayed or returned because you missed something or there is a contradiction with your inputs.

As some other members suggested, I think that it is safer for you to switch to CP in case that you can do that.

You don't need a police clearance if you do AOS. They will run a name check that is part of the process. You may want to check if your name is clear (I don't know the procedure but I know that you can do it) because, if your name is not clear, it may delay the process.

Regarding the end of the fiscal year. Your case "must" be approved before September 30th. If you have your interview and the visa is not assigned to you before September 30th then you missed the opportunity. Does it make sense?

Good luck and keep us posted!