• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi jasmine182,

Good to hear from you. Thank you for your good wishes and prayers.
I am hoping and praying that we all get our brand new "green" cards soon...

Dear guys,
I couldn't check the forum for some time. I still haven't got my green card. I guess it will be really green in color when it arrives, as I just over looked the forum. I have my best wishes and prayers for all of us. capeolive hang in there. i was curious about your case. i hope the very best for you soon.

best

Hi new one,

Make sure the sponsor has "sufficient income"
just being a citizen or permanent resident is not
enough for being eligible for sponsorship...

Ask around, seek help and you might get it from
where you don't expect to get it. Also an employment
offer would help...

You have my best wishes...

Thanks capeolive and leongsce.
My sponsor is very complicate so I'm thinking of looking for another one.
So I'll see in couple next days and make decision.

Thanks again :D

Hi! We won a DV 2010 lottery and our number is some where 25xxx and when I check USCIS web-site current for July 2010 is 23500 and it looks like on month of August we are going to have our number current. (We are currently in Legal Status and I am from Asia). Here are my question.

1. Do you think August and September 2010 windows is good enough time to do AOS here in USA?

2. I have send DS230 form to KCC and I still haven't send $375x2 (since we are two) to KCC yet. When is the appropriate time to send the $375x2=$750 to KCC its already May 2010?

3. What are the alternatives for birth certificate?

4. USCIS send package to you after your number become current or you have to ask them to send package earlier than that time?

5. Which comes first I-485 submission or payment of $1010x2=$2020?

6. What if my interview didn't happen on or before sept 2010?

Please help me to answer this question?

Thanks.

Hi! We won a DV 2010 lottery and our number is some where 25xxx and when I check USCIS web-site current for July 2010 is 23500 and it looks like on month of August we are going to have our number current. (We are currently in Legal Status and I am from Asia). Here are my question.

1. Do you think August and September 2010 windows is good enough time to do AOS here in USA?

2. I have send DS230 form to KCC and I still haven't send $375x2 (since we are two) to KCC yet. When is the appropriate time to send the $375x2=$750 to KCC its already May 2010?

4. USCIS send package to you after your number become current or you have to ask them to send package earlier than that time?

Thanks.

bikash,
where are you from? our cn are close. i am sure we will be current in aug. some answers to your questions.
1. i believe, from reading all the aos threads, that things speed up significantly starting about now till the end of sept. and yes, i believe there will be enough time.
2. you should send in your dos payment, $375, immediately. you will need the receipt.
3. i'm not sure how you can get around this but you will need to prove your country of birth ... in uscis terms - country of chargeability. you may want to check with your home country's ministry that handles birth and death registrations whether they have a copy of your birth records.
4. you either download the forms from uscis website or make a visit to uscis office near you to get a package. many of us download the forms. here's the link ...
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
go to the first page of this thread and read the post by blue which lists some links which are helpful in preparing the forms and documents you need.
5. together. check must be submitted with i485 with a whole list of initial evidence. go to this link ...
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/application.html
6. be optimistic! it will ... call them and bug them everyday!

dear seniors .... capeolive, i2009, daima, bentlebee, norkira ... pls chime in and help.
thks.

Thanks.

Hello Bikash123,

I think that leongsce answered all your questions. I would like to note a couple of things.

It is true that the USCIS speeds up the DV processes when the end of the Fiscal Year approaches but there are two things that you may want to consider: 1) If your case could be a difficult one (like that you can't prove your country of changeability, etc) it may take longer and you may not get your GC by the end of the Fiscal Year. 2) If you decide to apply for AOS, don't wait until your case is current to submit your AOS package, send it early so the USCIS has time to process it and have everything ready for the interview.

Regarding the end of the Fiscal Year and the interview appointment. It is not the interview what matters but that a DV Visa is granted. That happens when the case is approved.

Good luck!

Hi new one,

Make sure the sponsor has "sufficient income"
just being a citizen or permanent resident is not
enough for being eligible for sponsorship...

Ask around, seek help and you might get it from
where you don't expect to get it. Also an employment
offer would help...

Hi capeolive,
thank you.
Yes I will probably try to find another one.
I have letter from my employer that I work for them.
Maybe I'll try to ask her to give me a paper that I can work for her how much I want.
She wants me to stay after I get my green card, so that would not be a problem.

Hi Bikash123,

Your questions have been answered mostly.
I would add this: If I were you I would call KCC
and find out if I had enough time to switch to CP.
If it can be done Consular Processing itself is a
much faster process than AOS. The month your
number becomes current you are invited to US
Consulate/Embassy and in most cases you get
your visa approved the same day...

Thanks.

Hi new one,

In your case having like over $14,000
annual income or job offer might be enough.
Of course a better job offer and I-134 would help.
You can check the poverty guidelines. I take it you live
alone but if you have husband and kids you are hiding
you need much more than $14,000 (just kidding don't get upset!)

2009 POVERTY GUIDELINES FOR IMMIGRANT VISA PROCESSING

1. On January 23, 2009, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) published its annual update of the Poverty Guidelines, taking into account the last calendar year's increase in prices as measured by the Consumer Price Index. Posts should begin using these new guidelines in calculating levels of income and assets that immigrant visa petitioners and joint sponsors must demonstrate on Forms I-864 or Forms I-864EZ Affidavit of Support submitted on or after March 1, 2009. In cases in which the sponsor filed the Form I-864 prior to March 1, use guidelines that were in effect at the time of submission.

2. 2009 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia:
Size of Family Unit / 125% of Poverty Guidelines

1 $13,538
2 $18,213
3 $22,888
4 $27,563
5 $32,238
6 $36,913
7 $41,588
8 $46,263

Hi capeolive,
thank you.
Yes I will probably try to find another one.
I have letter from my employer that I work for them.
Maybe I'll try to ask her to give me a paper that I can work for her how much I want.
She wants me to stay after I get my green card, so that would not be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
Do you also get an approval notice for the EAD? USCIS ordered my EAD on April 27, then 3 weeks later I received a text message and e-mail saying that they ordered the production of my EAD on May 11. Yesterday, May 18, I got another e-mail saying that they sent me the approval notice for the EAD. I checked my case status and it moved from Document production to Post-decision activity.

Also, receiving the EAD doesn't guarantee receiving the green card after, right? Today, there are 3 weeks since my interview and still nothing. Just updates on the EAD.

Hi new one,

In your case having like over $14,000
annual income or job offer might be enough.
Of course a better job offer and I-134 would help.
You can check the poverty guidelines. I take it you live
alone but if you have husband and kids you are hiding
you need much more than $14,000 (just kidding don't get upset!)

2009 POVERTY GUIDELINES FOR IMMIGRANT VISA PROCESSING

1. On January 23, 2009, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) published its annual update of the Poverty Guidelines, taking into account the last calendar year's increase in prices as measured by the Consumer Price Index. Posts should begin using these new guidelines in calculating levels of income and assets that immigrant visa petitioners and joint sponsors must demonstrate on Forms I-864 or Forms I-864EZ Affidavit of Support submitted on or after March 1, 2009. In cases in which the sponsor filed the Form I-864 prior to March 1, use guidelines that were in effect at the time of submission.

2. 2009 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia:
Size of Family Unit / 125% of Poverty Guidelines

1 $13,538
2 $18,213
3 $22,888
4 $27,563
5 $32,238
6 $36,913
7 $41,588
8 $46,263

Hi capeolive,
Thanks as always you are here to help us.
Yes my husband and kids I keep for the end.....lol
So I have job but my annual income is around 9500, what is nothing.
With fact that I don't pay rent, food, even cell bills........
Family that I work for provide me all that.
Problem is that I can not find another job offer because still they didn't send me EAD.
I found another job offer but they told me it's not gonna work if I don't get papers by June....so.....
So I don't know, I have couple options so I'll see how that will work.
Thanks a lot for research and help!

Thank you: Capeolive:

Suppose my number 25xxx become current on August 2010 which will be shown in USCIS web-site by June 10 2010. Am I eligible to file my AOS package as early as Jun 2010?

I know u have answer this question earlier but it is not that clear to me.

Thanks.

Hi x2010x,

For the EAD after getting the last email you should
receive the Employment Authorization card by the end of
this week or at most next week.

There is no correlation between EAD and Green Card.
Did you get any email or text message concerning the
green card? Be positive, little more patience...

Hi guys,
Do you also get an approval notice for the EAD? USCIS ordered my EAD on April 27, then 3 weeks later I received a text message and e-mail saying that they ordered the production of my EAD on May 11. Yesterday, May 18, I got another e-mail saying that they sent me the approval notice for the EAD. I checked my case status and it moved from Document production to Post-decision activity.

Also, receiving the EAD doesn't guarantee receiving the green card after, right? Today, there are 3 weeks since my interview and still nothing. Just updates on the EAD.

Hi new one,

So, in your case you should have an annual income of
at least $13,538. Even with minimum wage you can make
more money $7.25 X 40 X 52 = $15,080. What I mean is
it would be easy to get a job offer with minimum wage.

Let's say; "some of the employers" don't like their employees
get legalized, I cannot understand why, so they may seem like
trying to help you but in realty they are not.

You should try a) Getting an employment offer, b) Affidavit of support (I-134)

Employment Offer Letter can be for future and can state "when you get your card"
I should also mention sometimes they don't check much things at the interview but
you should be prepared.

Good luck to you but keep trying, don't give up...

Hi capeolive,
Thanks as always you are here to help us.
Yes my husband and kids I keep for the end.....lol
So I have job but my annual income is around 9500, what is nothing.
With fact that I don't pay rent, food, even cell bills........
Family that I work for provide me all that.
Problem is that I can not find another job offer because still they didn't send me EAD.
I found another job offer but they told me it's not gonna work if I don't get papers by June....so.....
So I don't know, I have couple options so I'll see how that will work.
Thanks a lot for research and help!

So When Can I apply if my number become current in August and I know it on June 10 2010

When Can I apply for AOS at USCIS if my number become current in August and I know it by June 10 2010?

Do you think I can apply in June 10 2010 itself....

Thanks.

Hi WithGod,

If your number becomes current in August you'll know it
around June 10th which is 110 Days in advance. Even if
your number becomes current in September you'll know
it around July 10th which will give you 80 Days. Don't forget
in either case you should file early (when you see that numbers
are current at Advance Notification).

You have my best wishes in your process.
You and other good and real members of
this forum have my prayers. I am expecting
prayers of you guys as well...

Hi Bikash123,

When you see your number becomes current in Advanced Notification for August
you can send in your application. USCIS has a memo about it and so far they did not
return any applications that were filed in above mentioned way (around 50 Days in advance)

You can also consider CP if it is still possible.

Thank you: Capeolive:

Suppose my number 25xxx become current on August 2010 which will be shown in USCIS web-site by June 10 2010. Am I eligible to file my AOS package as early as Jun 2010?

I know u have answer this question earlier but it is not that clear to me.

Thanks.

If you decide to apply around June 10
make sure everything is in order because
there won't be much time left.

Good luck to you...

When Can I apply for AOS at USCIS if my number become current in August and I know it by June 10 2010?

Do you think I can apply in June 10 2010 itself....

Thanks.

Thanks capeolive. I come with big news this time.
I just received a text message and an e-mail from USCIS. They ordered production of my green card today. 3 weeks today since my interview. I am sooooo happy. But my journey it is not over till I see the card in my hands.

Thank you all guys for helping and always answering my questions

Hi x2010x,

Congratulations on the great news.
See I told you "little more patience"
I didn't mean "that little" though.
Congratulations again, the text message
you received was beginning of the end of
your green card journey. Actually your card will be
"green" because USCIS just redesigned the
cards and starting issuing them already.
They are brand new and green...

I just received a text message and an e-mail from USCIS. They ordered production of my green card today. 3 weeks today since my interview. I am sooooo happy. But my journey it is not over till I see the card in my hands.

Congratulations x2010x Am so happy for you. Knowing how hurried your interview was because there was some delay at your Field Office I was waiting to hear this good news !!! Now you are in the same boat as many of us waiting for our NEW GREEN CARDS. Congratulations once again !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: