• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi cooldude,

I appreciate your prayers and the prayers of the others as well...

Hi Capeolive,

I am pretty sure that was a very good interview experience for you. I hope within two weeks you get a card production order update. We pray for your success and God is the one who answers. Keep praying till you get it. All the best.

Thanks

Hi emmka,
The number is rather high but there is still a chance
but not so high. With this number the person can only
apply when the numbers for Africa become current.
When the numbers become current it is first come first serve
they give the visas/cards until they run out of visas.
Check the Visa Bulletins of the past years to have an idea.

"2006 Fiscal Year in September
2007 Fiscal Year in August
2008 Fiscal Year was Never Current
2009 Fiscal Year in September
2010 Fiscal Year (Prediction: Possibly in September or less likely possibility in August)"

If the cut-off numbers become current for September
the DV winner can send in the application around
July 10 (Early Filing) This would give the person
about 80 Days. The chance to get the card before
September 30 is not so high but is still possible.
It also depends on DOS' having enough unused visas.
To me it is worth to give it a shot. I would be positive
and pursue the opportunity...

Thanks alot, i hope he makes it!

Thank you all!

I am sorry I was off during the weekend.

I'd like to thank everyone for being with me through this process and, of course, for all your help.

Thanks Daima, cooldude, capeolive, nepal2010, bianfid, middle.com, bentlebee, fitness901, Norkira, and everyone else!

congrats i2009 and all da best to capeolive.
I had an biometrics done yesterday!! Somebody told me we get a text msg after our biometrics, haven't got yet!! I have my mobile updates turned on though!!! hope they send me my card without an interview!! M scared of those interview things!!

Thanks nepal2010!

You should not receive a notification after the biometrics but you may see changes in the last update date in the USCIS online status service. Notifications are sent when a hard update has been made to your case (i.e. when the status changes). A soft update means that only the last update date has changed but the status remains the same.

Don't be afraid about the interview. The officers are professional and make you feel at ease most of the times.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for da info capeolive and i2009!!!
I saw on the uscis website they redesigned da green card!! Have ny of u guys received dat yet!! i2009, actually they were waiting for the new designed green card before approving ur case!!

Interviews are always been scary for me!!
Actually things dat r scaring me are: first i dnt hav a sponsor n second i messed up my grades this semester( i have always been a gud student though) !! But this semester because of this aos thing i couldnt concentrate in my study!! Hope they will understand that!! Except these i look good to go!! wish me a luck

Hi nepal2010,

Just don't worry, be positive.
You are backed up by prayers
and good wishes of a lot of people...

Interviews are always been scary for me!!
Actually things dat r scaring me are: first i dnt hav a sponsor n second i messed up my grades this semester( i have always been a gud student though) !! But this semester because of this aos thing i couldnt concentrate in my study!! Hope they will understand that!! Except these i look good to go!! wish me a luck

Hi folks,

It is true as of May 11, 2010 USCIS Redesigned the Green Cards.
Actually along with a lot of other features they are making the cards
in green color. The people who are still in the process hopefully will get
brand new "GREEN" cards!!!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

USCIS To Issue Redesigned Green Card

WASHINGTON - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it has redesigned the Permanent Resident Card - commonly known as the "Green Card" - to incorporate several major new security features. The Green Card redesign is the latest advance in USCIS's ongoing efforts to deter immigration fraud. State-of-the-art technology incorporated into the new card prevents counterfeiting, obstructs tampering, and facilitates quick and accurate authentication. Beginning today, USCIS will issue all Green Cards in the new, more secure format.

"Redesigning the Green Card is a major achievement for USCIS," said Director Alejandro Mayorkas. "The new security technology makes a critical contribution to the integrity of the immigration system."

The enhanced features will better serve law enforcement, employers, and immigrants, all of whom look to the Green Card as definitive proof of authorization to live and work in the United States. Among the benefits of the redesign: Secure optical media will store biometrics for rapid and reliable identification of the card holder. Holographic images, laser engraved fingerprints, and high resolution micro-images will make the card nearly impossible to reproduce. Tighter integration of the card design with personalized elements will make it difficult to alter the card if stolen. Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) capability will allow Customs and Border Protection officers at ports of entry to read the card from a distance and compare it immediately to file data. Finally, a preprinted return address will enable the easy return of a lost card to USCIS.

In keeping with the Permanent Resident Card's nickname, it will now be colored green for easy recognition. USCIS will replace Green Cards already in circulation as individuals apply for renewal or replacement.

I have one question for all of you. I'll appreciate any sugestion.
In my interview letter they ask that my sponsor gives me an original letter of employment on company letter head.
My sponsor is self employed how that letter has to look like? Anyone has idea about that form of letter?

I found sample:

Date: <January 01, 2008>

Re: Employment verification for <petitioner's full name>

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is <petitioner's full name>. I reside at: <petitioner's address>

I make the following statement under penalty of perjury that: I have been self-employed since <October 1st, 2007> and working as a <type of work or role in business>. My annual salary is $00,000.00 for year <current year>.

Additionally, I pledge that [wife/husband/fiancee/friend] <beneficiary's full name> will not be any public charge.

Please feel free to contact me if your office should require further information.

Thank you very much for your kindness and your attention to this letter.

Sincerely,

<petitioners signature>
<petitioners full name>
<petitioners designation>
Phone: <petitioners phone>

So what do you think? Is it ok???

I have an update on my case. We received the Welcome letter! I still can't believe it!

Congratulations i2009 on your Welcome Letter ! Been away for sometime and missed out on your good news!!!

Now our NEW GREEN CARDS should be on their way !!!!!!

I guess this explains why there is a delay in the issuing of the GREEN CARDS. Thanks nepal2010 and capeolive for sharing the new GREEN CARD information.

Congratulations i2009 on your Welcome Letter ! Been away for sometime and missed out on your good news!!!

Now our NEW GREEN CARDS should be on their way !!!!!!

I guess this explains why there is a delay in the issuing of the GREEN CARDS. Thanks nepal2010 and capeolive for sharing the new GREEN CARD information.

Thanks 2010FORME, I hope that we both receive our new green cards really soon!

I have one question for all of you. I'll appreciate any sugestion.
In my interview letter they ask that my sponsor gives me an original letter of employment on company letter head.
My sponsor is self employed how that letter has to look like? Anyone has idea about that form of letter?

I found sample:

Date: <January 01, 2008>

Re: Employment verification for <petitioner's full name>

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is <petitioner's full name>. I reside at: <petitioner's address>

I make the following statement under penalty of perjury that: I have been self-employed since <October 1st, 2007> and working as a <type of work or role in business>. My annual salary is $00,000.00 for year <current year>.

Additionally, I pledge that [wife/husband/fiancee/friend] <beneficiary's full name> will not be any public charge.

Please feel free to contact me if your office should require further information.

Thank you very much for your kindness and your attention to this letter.

Sincerely,

<petitioners signature>
<petitioners full name>
<petitioners designation>
Phone: <petitioners phone>

So what do you think? Is it ok???

Hello new one,

This letter looks good to me. It covers all the information that they need. You may need to bring a copy of your sponsor's tax return declaration to the interview (it could be in a closed envelop so you don't need to see it).

Best of luck, June 22 is getting close!