• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

hey guys i also won the dv lottery for the year 2010. MY CN is AS259XX which i think will be current for the month of august. How ever the problem here is that, I didnt had enough time to do all the process and I hired the lawyer but now i am having this feeling that , that lawyer was not even close to fulfill my expectation. Long story short, she made me apply for change of status, travel document and work permit on janaury, while my number was not even close to current. I didnt all those things, I was all negative about that fact and I knew that something was not right. However after a month of filing, i was called for biometrics and on march I got my travel document and work permit as well. So i thought that everything was going fine. however 2 weeks ago I got a mail from locker office saying that my application for AOS has been declined because I was supposed to apply no more than 90 before my number becomes current and when I told this thing to my lawyer, she started as if she was right and the immigration office is wrong and to prove that she is writing a leter to immigration to get a clear explanation. However, I cannot wait on this lawyer to get my things in right track and I want to take over from this point so that nothing goes wrong. Now the question that I have is that what I have to do to reapply for AOS. what is the fee gonna be coz i already paid $1010 to immigration and got my work permit and travel doc. Do i still have to pay the amount or the amount will be waived or I only have to pay for AOS. another question. I heard that one guy filed the application such that if his number was current on august, he send the package in the way that it will be on the immigration by 2nd of august and he got the receipt soon. So when should I file my application if my number becomes current on august. I really need some expert advise and I am relying on you guys to give me a right direction.thanks for reading my post...

my best regard to

I 2009 and Capolive ,thank you for your wishes for my sister ............i am really scar for her..........her hearing is 1pm, i wish am there with her
i will let you know as soon as i hear somthing from her .

Again thanks

Wow.........you joined on this thread on 2009.........you should know better here than the lawyer, i notice the lawyers haven't knowledge about the Dv case a lot..........with my sister case we did talk with a lot of lawyer........
Am sorry Good luck
hey guys i also won the dv lottery for the year 2010. MY CN is AS259XX which i think will be current for the month of august. How ever the problem here is that, I didnt had enough time to do all the process and I hired the lawyer but now i am having this feeling that , that lawyer was not even close to fulfill my expectation. Long story short, she made me apply for change of status, travel document and work permit on janaury, while my number was not even close to current. I didnt all those things, I was all negative about that fact and I knew that something was not right. However after a month of filing, i was called for biometrics and on march I got my travel document and work permit as well. So i thought that everything was going fine. however 2 weeks ago I got a mail from locker office saying that my application for AOS has been declined because I was supposed to apply no more than 90 before my number becomes current and when I told this thing to my lawyer, she started as if she was right and the immigration office is wrong and to prove that she is writing a leter to immigration to get a clear explanation. However, I cannot wait on this lawyer to get my things in right track and I want to take over from this point so that nothing goes wrong. Now the question that I have is that what I have to do to reapply for AOS. what is the fee gonna be coz i already paid $1010 to immigration and got my work permit and travel doc. Do i still have to pay the amount or the amount will be waived or I only have to pay for AOS. another question. I heard that one guy filed the application such that if his number was current on august, he send the package in the way that it will be on the immigration by 2nd of august and he got the receipt soon. So when should I file my application if my number becomes current on august. I really need some expert advise and I am relying on you guys to give me a right direction.thanks for reading my post...

hey guys i also won the dv lottery for the year 2010. MY CN is AS259XX which i think will be current for the month of august....

What was your non-imm status before you sumitted i-485? After submission (in Jan) did you continue to maintain it?
Did you use the EAD or the AP?

If you maintained status and did not use EAD or AP, then you are safe to resubmit i-485 as soon as you see your number in the bulletin (in June)
If not, give up AoS and go for CP. Talk to KCC on how to change to CP now.

Good Luck !

Hi guys,

Maybe somebody could help me with my question.

Company's lawyer (i'm on h1b) is asking me for some supporting documents for I-140 petition. I already told them that I got welcome letter for DV 2011 and will do AOS my self.

They said that it's 2 separate process (obviously) and they will continue on working on my EB3.

Should I talk to my employer again and explain that EB3 is no longer needed?

Or just give the lawyer what they are asking for to be on the safe and do not cancel I-140 until DV green card is received?

Or just give the lawyer what they are asking for to be on the safe and do not cancel I-140 until DV green card is received?

Yes, this is the MOST PRUDENT approach you should do.
Rule of thumb for DV AoS ppl.....Maintain your 'current status' until you receive your GC approval letter !

my best regard to

I 2009 and Capolive ,thank you for your wishes for my sister ............i am really scar for her..........her hearing is 1pm, i wish am there with her
i will let you know as soon as i hear somthing from her .

Again thanks

I cann't wait to heat good news from you!!! Good luck to your sister!!!

Hi ftkhiong,

Most of your questions were answered previously.
I should add this:
"In CP process you get your interview the month your number becomes current"
Success in both CP and AOS are not guaranteed but in general CP is much faster.

You have plenty of time, do your part and study this forum from the first page...

Hi Capeolive and LeongSCE,
Thanks for prompt response. You guys are great.
My H-4 will expire May 2011. But pretty confident will need to change it back to H-1b soon.
More question about 2nd NL.
1. What is in 2nd NL? My appointment schedule for doing CP ?
2. I already filled up BCIS on form 122, I just need to submit request email to KCC to change AOS to CP. Right?
3. When can I receive CP interview letter from KCC, if my number become "current" August 2011? I afraid that
I will never receive any CP interview letter because when case number become current, its approaching 9/30/2011.

Thanks again
ftkhiong

Hi summet,

I'll address some of the questions you brought up.

*Probably your number will be current in August. If so you can apply, when you see this at Advance Notification for August in July Visa Bulletin, around June 10.
*You should not be using EAD or AP at all.
*You should maintain your legal status.
*As far as I know the fee you paid is nonrefundable, you should pay it again.
*When you do the new application you should add a letter explaining the situation.
*You should seek reliable legal advice...

Hi lisa6,

It is very important that you maintain your status until you hold your card.

I know at times it becomes frustrating to keep working for the same employer
to keep your legal status and it becomes more difficult to continue it after winning
the DV Lottery. Between winning DV and getting your card is a very though time.
You should maintain your patience until you get your card then you'll be free...

Hi guys,

Maybe somebody could help me with my question.

Company's lawyer (i'm on h1b) is asking me for some supporting documents for I-140 petition. I already told them that I got welcome letter for DV 2011 and will do AOS my self.

They said that it's 2 separate process (obviously) and they will continue on working on my EB3.

Should I talk to my employer again and explain that EB3 is no longer needed?

Hi friends,

There is an update on my case!

Whoever says USCIS is not working hard enough is mistaken!
They are indeed working hard enough, especially the Philadelphia
Field Office. I thank the good people who have been working on my
rather complicated case and approving it in 11 days, you guys have
my best wishes and prayers...

I got a text message and an email about my CPO.
Yes, my Card Production has been Ordered...

I thank each and everyone of you who supported me with
prayers and good wishes. I thank God who brought me
up to this point in my process...

The good ones who are still in process have my best wishes and prayers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi friends,

Congratulations !
One down....3 to go??

Good Luck with your family's CP as well, they all will be fine I'm sure! (how busy a post is your home US embassy?)

PS: Can you file i-824 right away or you need to wait for to rcv the official USCIS approval notice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi friends,

My congratulations!!!! Soon you'll receive your GC and meet your family!!!!

Hi friends,

Congratulations !!! That's good news. All the very best on your new status.

Hi NuvF,

Since I had had pending AOS application they have
transferred my I-824 application from TSC to Philadelphia
and merged it with my DV file. I was told I did not have to
refile I-824 or do anything. To start FTJ in my country,
on my part I have to file I-864 for that I need a copy of
my green card...

By the way thanks for your help in the past...

Congratulations !
One down....3 to go??

Good Luck with your family's CP as well, they all will be fine I'm sure! (how busy a post is your home US embassy?)

PS: Can you file i-824 right away or you need to wait for to rcv the official USCIS approval notice?

Hi again,

It is good to see "my good news" woke up some hibernating folks.

Thanks NuvF, leongsce, middle.com, x2010x and 2010forme...