• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

NuvF thanks for ur good concern,
on my case, i was in states on 2005 and since then i have been maintaing my status. My visa has expired but since i am still going to school, it can be counted as maintaing my status. Besides I also quiet my job and they arent paying me for what i worked...( 1 week) so it shouldnt be shown in my histry anywhere that I have worked.so I am still in the same status how I was when i applied it on janaury. And I am not depending on my lawyer anymore, i will let her do all the stuff but under me, so can you tell me what are the documents that I need to send for AOS. I know last time she send a copy of my citizenship, my I20's from school, my previous EAD card for my OPT, driver's licence. and when I asked her about the financial she told me that since i am doing AOS i dont need that, so can you tell me if i need any kind of financial documents. And last thing.since I have already send my medical on jan..so i still need to go through all the process. And retake the biometrics that i have completed 2 months ago..
waiting for ur kind reply

waiting for ur kind reply

Take following as a GUIDE (make sure to send her a 'thank you' note!)
Your relevant documents, situation may be different.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?229911-My-Aos-Experience-Tips-Guide

You may not need to send in medicals again (its valid for 1 yr), but dbl chk. ( you will have to write a very clear cover letter, reasoning why you have to re-file etc)
YOU NEED TO submit financial proof that you will not become a Public Charge.
As I said, you have little control or knowledge on your situation....you will have to learn a LOT in very little time.
A treasure trove of info is buried in this forum and elsewhere, go look for it and I hope other forumites will chip in with their advice/ direction/ info to help you.

Good Luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one question for now after reading some other forms.. do we still need the financial documents for AOS. since i am an international student, I have my I20 clarifying that my dad is going to pay for all the expenses. So what I need to do if i have to show the financial document, do i have to find someone from United states. Can anyone please detail about the financial document
thanks

Hi Summet,

It is your duty to proof that you won't be a
public charge in this country. You have to have
at least $18,212 of annual income. If you
don't have this you need a sponsor, a US citizen
or green card holder, who can give you an affidavit
of support(I-134) Sometimes they don't ask for it
at the interview but by law they have a right to check
your financials and deny your application if you don't
meet minimum requirements...

You have a very important homework to do:
Start reading this forum from the beginning,
and do it quick. You have to have an idea about
the DV process for yourself. It is very important...

I have one question for now after reading some other forms.. do we still need the financial documents for AOS. since i am an international student, I have my I20 clarifying that my dad is going to pay for all the expenses. So what I need to do if i have to show the financial document, do i have to find someone from United states. Can anyone please detail about the financial document
thanks

Summet,

I agree with NuvF.

You have to do your part and educate yourself about the process
and you don't have much time either. It is up to you. Start studying
the forum from the first page...

Take following as a GUIDE (make sure to send her a 'thank you' note!)
Your relevant documents, situation may be different.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?229911-My-Aos-Experience-Tips-Guide

You may not need to send in medicals again (its valid for 1 yr), but dbl chk. ( you will have to write a very clear cover letter, reasoning why you have to re-file etc)
YOU NEED TO submit financial proof that you will not become a Public Charge.
As I said, you have little control or knowledge on your situation....you will have to learn a LOT in very little time.
A treasure trove of info is buried in this forum and elsewhere, go look for it and I hope other forumites will chip in with their advice/ direction/ info to help you.

Good Luck !

thanks for your help,
I am going to meet the lawyer and Infopass appoint tomorrow so i will get most of the information (i guess). and i will get back to this forum and let you know what i hear from there..

"new one"
CN: 2010EU00028XXX
In April, 2010 visa bulletin it is mentioned that the cutoff number is 29250 for EU for the month of MAY, 2010
According to your signature you have mailed AOS package to Chicago on 03/16/2010. I believe this package contains the i-485, I-693 forms + $1010 fees. So my question is how many days before visa available days (for you it is May,2010) a person can send the i-485, I-693 and fees?

Same question for "capeolive". Your CN is 2010EU00025XXX and for you the visa available month is April, 2010. But you have also sent the AOS package to Chicago on 02/08/2010. I believe this package contains the i-485, I-693 forms + $1010 fees.

Couple of more questions:

- what is NOA?
- I am on H1B visa, do I need to submit I-765?

Thanks

Hi zahidal,
yes I sent my AOS in March, because April Visa Bulletin was out in March.
So you can submit application 60 days in advance.
Package contains:
Money order to Department of Homeland Security (1010$)
Photographs 2 (or more if you apply for I-765 or I-131)
Copy of receipt of payment to Department of State (375$)
I-485
G-325A
I-693
I-765 and I-131 (optional-if you have valid EAD you don't need new one)
Copy of Notification letter from Kentucky Consular Center
Copy of barcode sheet
Copy of letter from Kentucky Consular Center acknowledging intent to apply for AOS ( I sent them all- it's better more than less :D )
Copy of certificate from court that no records exists- with translation
Copy of Birth Certificate - with translation
Copy of first page of passport
Copy of passport page with non immigrant Visa
Copy of I-94 Evidence of Status
Copy of Form DS2019
Copy of Form DS2019 Extension of stay
Copy of Social Security Card
Copy of ID
Copy of high school diploma - with translations
Copy of certificate as regular student of University xxxxx - with translations
Copy of employment letter
I-134- with supporting documents

I submitted all those documents and everything was fine. I got NOA after 17 days.

*A Notice of Action (NOA) form (I-797 Form) is a printed form that the USCIS creates to document certain "processing" milestones on petitions. Typically an NOA form is printed when a petition is entered into the USCIS system (after being received) and again when the petition has been processed and a final decision reached. The USCIS will mail the NOA to your place of residence (listed on your petition). It may take a week for the NOA to reach you via the US Postal Service.

If you didn't send already, get all papers as soon as it possible.
Good luck!!!
And it's gonna be much easier to communicate if you add your signature.
Go to settings and find option edit signature.......that would be great. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
2 weeks after my biometrics!! No interview letter!! Is it time to do something or i need to wait lil more!! now its sth to worry about!!

2 weeks after my biometrics!! No interview letter!! Is it time to do something or i need to wait lil more!! now its sth to worry about!!

Hello nepal2010,

I think that the average time to receive the interview letter is from 45 to 90 days since you receive the AOS notice of action. You should wait a little more but, if you want, you can take an InfoPass and ask them if your name came out clear and you can also call KCC and ask them if the USCIS has requested your files. That would give you an idea of how things are moving in your case.

Good luck

It is not time to do anything yet.
Go through 10 signatures and get
an average time how long it takes
to receive the appointment letter
after filing. You'll see that it is too early
to worry...

Hi! Everyone:

Do we need to get Police Record Clearance from USA if we are going to do Consular Process in my country? If yes, what is the procedure!!!!

Thanks.

Hi Bikash123,

According to the info they send to CP applicants you do.
But I know some DV winners did CP without any
police record from here. May be they consider US
as an exception. To make sure you can check the
website of the consulate/embassy you'll be interviewed.
This is the information they provide:

"POLICE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED FOR APPLICAIITS 16 YEARS AND OLDER:
Applicants are required to submit a police certificate from the country of the applicant's
nationality and current residence. Police certificates are also required from all other countries
where the applicant has resided for at least one year. Regardless of the length of residence,
a police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where
the applicant has been arrested for any reason."

Hi! Everyone:

Do we need to get Police Record Clearance from USA if we are going to do Consular Process in my country? If yes, what is the procedure!!!!

Thanks.

Hi! Capeolive:

Thanks for you advice, finally we decided to go back and have CP. Given the time frame we got, I think, your advice seems to be best one to go back and have CP.

We have send "change from AOS to CP" request to KCC using there e-mail ID: KCCDV@state.gov. Lets hope we will get answer earlier so that we can buy our plane ticket and go home and have interview?

Thanks.

Hi Bikash123,

Under the conditions CP is the best option for you.
You'll get an interview date beforehand make sure
arrange everything in your country before going there.
You'll need to get some documents and do medical there.
Good luck to you over there...

By the way did KCC tell you how long the switch from AOS to CP will take?

Hi! Capeolive:

Thanks for you advice, finally we decided to go back and have CP. Given the time frame we got, I think, your advice seems to be best one to go back and have CP.

We have send "change from AOS to CP" request to KCC using there e-mail ID: KCCDV@state.gov. Lets hope we will get answer earlier so that we can buy our plane ticket and go home and have interview?

Thanks.

Service Request

Dear all,

As a suggestion from you guys I asked for service request from USCIS and after couple of days later I got a letter from USCIS explaining the following

" Your case is awaiting the required Biometric submittal, and is currently in suspense until you complete this process.[/I][/B][/COLOR] Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local Application Support Center (ASC). Biometric appoints are scheduled as slots becomes available at the ASC. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local ASC."

From above I did not understand what does USCIS mean when it say my case is awaiting for the Biometric submittal, and currently in suspense...now, does that mean they are looking for any document from me or KCC. I also inquired with KCC and they told me that they provide documents to USCIS only if they request.

Also, is there a way to check in our local Application Support Center that when the slots will be available and if they have received my case or the status of my case...

lastly, If I decide to apply from my country what is the procedure for pulling back my information and how late will it be if I wait untill end of August.

Hi Nepal,
don't worry too much. I think it depends strictly on your local office/officer. It took them a few months to schedule my interview after my biometrics. But you can try to schedule INFOPASS appointment in a week or so to find out if they have all your documents in the office. They may also tell you the approximate time you need to wait to be scheduled for the interview.

Hi Olsson,

In short they say since you did not do your biometrics your case
has been suspended until you do it. They add that you are on line
for a biometrics appointment as soon as it is available they will
send you the appointment letter for biometrics...

Would you please add your signature from settings thanks.

Dear all,

As a suggestion from you guys I asked for service request from USCIS and after couple of days later I got a letter from USCIS explaining the following

" Your case is awaiting the required Biometric submittal, and is currently in suspense until you complete this process.[/I][/B][/COLOR] Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local Application Support Center (ASC). Biometric appoints are scheduled as slots becomes available at the ASC. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local ASC."

From above I did not understand what does USCIS mean when it say my case is awaiting for the Biometric submittal, and currently in suspense...now, does that mean they are looking for any document from me or KCC. I also inquired with KCC and they told me that they provide documents to USCIS only if they request.

Also, is there a way to check in our local Application Support Center that when the slots will be available and if they have received my case or the status of my case...

lastly, If I decide to apply from my country what is the procedure for pulling back my information and how late will it be if I wait untill end of August.