• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi shasha88,

Congratulations on the good news.
After seeing "We ordered the production of your new card"
Depending on where you live and when they mail it it should
take between 5 - 15 Days. As far as I remember they produce
the cards in Phoenix, Arizona.

Don't forget what I told you before:
DO NOT LEAVE US WITHOUT YOUR CARD!

I wish you the best...

Hey guys....thanks for your help..
I checked out my case online today, it says "we ordered the production of your new card in May 6." Do you guys know when I am gonna receive my card, because I have a ticket for May 19 to another country from the U.S. Should I cancel my flight or wait till next week??

proof of legal status

Hi guys, I have a question regarding submitting of all my visas/status with I-485 package:

I've been here 9 years, and since 2001 I had J1,B2,F1,OPT,J1 and H1b

Do I need to send copies of all my previous visas in old passports and approval notices for all these statuses in I-485 paper works?

Or do I only need to send a copy of my current H1b+797(I am on H1b since 2006)?

Thank you

Hi Guys,
Could anyone please tell me whether i have to send just one copy of G325A or 4 copies?
Thanks
2010AS00025XXX

Hi guys, I have a question regarding submitting of all my visas/status with I-485 package:

Do I need to send copies of all my previous visas in old passports and approval notices for all these statuses in I-485 paper works?

Thank you

Yes, send all the proof mainly, EADs I-20s or approval notices.

Thank you for reply.

How do i know what 's my Alien registration number?

I have my old OPT and it has A#. But now I am on H1b and there is no such kind of number on my visa or 797. My hubby was always on H4 and does not have A#?

The reason why i am asking is because i am looking through G-325 and 485 and this number is required.

Thank you for reply.

I have my old OPT and it has A#. But now I am on H1b and there is no such kind of number on my visa or 797. My hubby was always on H4 and does not have A#?

The reason why i am asking is because i am looking through G-325 and 485 and this number is required.

You don't have to put the A#. if you've noticed I think it says if available. If you've had an EAD then H1b normally the A# is the same, but you don't have to include it, so don't worry about that.

Hi guys,
This Wednesday it will be 2 weeks since I had my interview and still nothing. I called USCIS, but the lady I talked to said that it might take up to 3 months to have an answer regarding of the number of the applicants in front of me.
The thing is that I finished my school and I didn't transfer to another school. I had 60 days grace period, which will expire this month, soon. I just hoped I'll get the answer at the time of the interview. Should I transfer now to keep the student visa, just in case I don't get the green card? I think I'll get it because everything was fine with my file. The only thing I'm afraid is that if it takes too long, they will run out of visas. It is possible to have 2 statuses? F1 and pending I-485? Or I lost the F-1 status from the moment I applied for green card?
Thanks a lot.

working on H1b status

I have another question, kind a silly, but still :)

I have H1b Visa which expires in November 2010. My 797 is good until July'2011.

Will I be able to work for the same employer, using my 797, after I file I-485?

Thank you

Hi lisa6,

You should send the copies of all supporting documents
with your application, all of the things you mentioned...

Thank you

Hi eenya,

You should make a separate package for
each of the applicants and send separate
checks for each of them. When you send
them you can separate them with a rubber band etc...

Hi Guys,
Could anyone please tell me whether i have to send just one copy of G325A or 4 copies?
Thanks
2010AS00025XXX

Last edited by a moderator:
The A# that is given for OPT is just an A-file number.
It is not the Alien Registration Number. So do NOT use it.
Instead just put down N/A...

Thank you for reply.

Hi x2010x,

Do you check your case status? Any updates?
Don't call them again, unless you talk to a supervisor
they have a very limited access.

You can do an InfoPass though, it might help...

Hi guys,
This Wednesday it will be 2 weeks since I had my interview and still nothing. I called USCIS, but the lady I talked to said that it might take up to 3 months to have an answer regarding of the number of the applicants in front of me.
The thing is that I finished my school and I didn't transfer to another school. I had 60 days grace period, which will expire this month, soon. I just hoped I'll get the answer at the time of the interview. Should I transfer now to keep the student visa, just in case I don't get the green card? I think I'll get it because everything was fine with my file. The only thing I'm afraid is that if it takes too long, they will run out of visas. It is possible to have 2 statuses? F1 and pending I-485? Or I lost the F-1 status from the moment I applied for green card?
Thanks a lot.

After you get your EAD through DV application
you'll have freedom to change your job.

But my advise is stick to your job at least until
you get your card. If your number is only 3 digits
from Europe you should be a permanent resident
by the end of this year easy...

I have another question, kind a silly, but still :)

I have H1b Visa which expires in November 2010. My 797 is good until July'2011.

Will I be able to work for the same employer, using my 797, after I file I-485?

Thank you

Hi guys,
Thanks a lot.

Hello x2010x,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had any news but I hope that you receive your card pretty soon.

According to the visa statistics, they never got to use all the DV visas in prior years so I think that they still may have visas available. Last year they only used 48,030 visas out of the 50K available.

You can check the DV statistic report in this site http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/MultiYearTableVII.pdf

It is not that you have 2 statuses. You keep your current status until the Green Card is granted or if you abandon your current status when you use AP or the EAD for example.

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Hi x2010x, sorry for your delay,

it took about 3 weeks for me to receive my welcome letter after my interview, so I'm sure you'll get your update soon.

Hi guys,
Thanks a lot.

Thanks capeolive, i2009, and chivik.
I've been checking my case status every day a few times a day since the interview. Nothing yet. On April 27, a day before my interview, they ordered production of my EAD. I didn't get it yet. They say to allow 30 days since its production to be mailed to me. At least I'll get that for now.
As I said before, my current status (F1)expires this month. I know I'm still ok while my case is pending. But should I transfer to another school while my case is pending? I have little time left if I decide to do that.

Hello all.
When you guys did an infopass did any of you guys managed to reach your IO who is doing your case. My infopasses always end up with those uneducated people behind the window who doesn't know much about DV type cases. And they are not giving me any valuable information except for suggesting to be more patient.
I remember we had someone who was planning to go to congressman's office. If someone knows how this works I would appreciate some help on this matter. I think this is only thing left to do. I know from the forum that there are people who waited/waiting more that me but I believe if I do not act I don't think they will.

Hi sogdian,

Sorry to hear your case is taking so long.
If you still did not do it yet, first thing you
should do "Call KCC and find out if your
local office has requested your file yet"
Call KCC and also email them with the
same question if the answer is negative
to both the phone call and the email then
you can go from there.

You have my best wishes...

Hello all.
When you guys did an infopass did any of you guys managed to reach your IO who is doing your case. My infopasses always end up with those uneducated people behind the window who doesn't know much about DV type cases. And they are not giving me any valuable information except for suggesting to be more patient.
I remember we had someone who was planning to go to congressman's office. If someone knows how this works I would appreciate some help on this matter. I think this is only thing left to do. I know from the forum that there are people who waited/waiting more that me but I believe if I do not act I don't think they will.

Good morning all

Hi capeolive and i2009...............Two days for your interview !!! i wish you all my best for smooth inerview ,except give my pray to God...........i know you both know better what to do ............just God be with you to be wonderful day

Best wish to both of you !!!