• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congratulation I2009... I am soo happy for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Good luck!!
I wish that my interview comes too :(((((((((

cooldude... Hope you are getting better...

as for my interview notice...it said that I should bring id, passport, i-94, visa, proof of status, proof of dv fee paid, and dv letter

It seems that the field office understand dv case. I am hoping that all will go well. :)

Hey guys, this is a very good news that I am hearing. Congratulations i2009, gagaun and others. We are all getting our interview letter at the same time. Linda and the rest, be a little patient. I am sure that yours are on the way. Give it some more time again. I know it is hard, I understand you but, you will get it.

Does any one know what happened to the person from Europe who had not gotten her GC yet due to the fingerprinting coming back inconclusive but her husband was approved....?

Thanks linda and zapatos. Linda, please hang in there, I know how you feel and I really hope that you receive your interview notice soon. You have requested information in an InfoPass appointment. Did they give you any useful information. I was giving myself 2 more weeks before turning to a senator's office for help. The whole process could be so unfair. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and the rest who are still waiting. I really hope that this week brings more good news. Good luck!

Bentlebee, I think you are talking about hani19, I think she never came back to the forum. I hope everything went well with her FBI check.

happy2010, I think you mentioned that your interview is at the beginning of February, is it this week? Best of luck to you!

Good luck to everyone!

i2009, I see pretty big gap between your biometrics and interview dates and a few other people still waiting for their interview dates. what could be the reason for such delay? where can applicants ask about the reason of such delays?
you mentioned going to senator's office for help. how can they help? which senators (of the state where you reside)? do they help everyone or do you have to know someone there? I am sorry for asking such a silly question, I just don't know much about this stuff, but it seems like an important thing to know and understand.
i would appreciate your response. I am Muslim and I am so afraid of my name getting stuck on those name-check things.... I would appreciate if anyone could share their knowledge/experience about this.
thanks.

dv visa geting time

Dear,

I am from dhaka.I am winner of dv2010. I faced my interview in dhaka us embassy in January 2010.My interview took only 5 minutes.At the end they cordialy thanked me & my family.They returned all original & photo copied documents.They just received our pass port for additional process.give us a blue sheet where written addisional process will contract as soon as possible after geting resuld.The consular also told me to come with blue sheet next time when they call.Not need to come my family.
Al ready 10 days gone.How much time they will take/am i refused to collect visa.. pls reply...

First of all you are writing in the AOS forum and you are doing CP .....

Administrative processing or additional processing is and can be different in every DV case. It could be they nee to check if the papers are originals and not fake, or if all that you have stated in your previous paperwork is true....Nobody can tell unless it is clearly stated to you. Many have gotten a GC after all and some haven't due to running out of time, but your time line is on your side...so keep hope:) You are the only one who knows if all your paper work and what you have stated is true or not...if it is all true you should be fine.

i2009, I see pretty big gap between your biometrics and interview dates and a few other people still waiting for their interview dates. what could be the reason for such delay? where can applicants ask about the reason of such delays?
you mentioned going to senator's office for help. how can they help? which senators (of the state where you reside)? do they help everyone or do you have to know someone there? I am sorry for asking such a silly question, I just don't know much about this stuff, but it seems like an important thing to know and understand.
i would appreciate your response. I am Muslim and I am so afraid of my name getting stuck on those name-check things.... I would appreciate if anyone could share their knowledge/experience about this.
thanks.

Hello Ahad,

Yes, there are about 4 months since the time I sent my AOS package and my interview appointment. The time frame for the NOAs and biometrics appointment is pretty much the same for all the DV applicants. This is due that the Benefit Center in Missouri is in charge of receiving our applications and scheduling the biometrics appointments. Once the Benefit Center gets everything ready, then they forward the AOS package to the local office where the interview appointment is scheduled based on the processing times of the corresponding office. Does it make sense?

It is supposed that you can request information about a delayed case once the receipt date in the NOA is before the normal processing time for the field office. I think this is tricky because the processing times shown in the USCIS website should not apply for DV cases as our cases should be prioritized.

As for the senator's office help. The senator's offices have a department that deal with immigration issues. I have read, in previous years forums, that some people turned to their state senators for help. They ask you for details of your case and then they try to contact the USCIS local office to inquire about your case. You don't need to know anybody there. They have been of great help to keep the cases moving for some applicants.

I would suggest that you take an InfoPass and ask about your name check. They should be able to give you information about it. If you call the FBI they could tell you that they sent back (or not) your case to the USCIS but I understand they can't give you information whether your case was clear or not.

Good luck!

Good after noon

congratulations I2009 !!! That is good news........good luck ...........yours took little longer for interview appt

Thank you so much cooldude06_78, i2009, gagaun and VZLA for your good words.

For,cooldude06_78 i know you are now enjoying the benefits of your GC

For,i2009 and gagaun you are eagerly waiting for the interview on the scheduled date-i wish you all the best.

For,VZLA you have already done your interview and i believe your welcome letter is on the way.

thanks a lot i2009, very clear, very helpful, appreciate your time and effort to respond so thoroughly!

congratulations. waiting for this green card is like waiting for a baby to be born. when are you gonna do the 'baby' shower?

Thanks so much.Exactly, I know how the waiting situation isn't easy!!after holding the gc in my hands!!!!
I wish you the best in your case and i do hope everything will move on quickly and smothly.

I finally got my interview appointment for Feb/25. I am so happy, I still cannot believe it!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the support and I keep my fingers crossed for all of us.

Thank you guys

Yaaaay, haven't been in here for two days and been missing all this great news. Yees, finally. Congratulations!