• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I finally got my interview appointment for Feb/25. I am so happy, I still cannot believe it!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the support and I keep my fingers crossed for all of us.

Thank you guys

Wow this is really wonderful news! I am so happy for you..You have been so helpful to everybody that i really was looking forward to the good news for you! Best of luck with the rest of the process...

I finally got my interview appointment for Feb/25. I am so happy, I still cannot believe it!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the support and I keep my fingers crossed for all of us.

Thank you guys

hi i 2009,

I am so happy for you that your interview letter has finally reached you. Hopefully all the steps from now on are a breeze. All the best.

Hey, I would like to let you guys know about my interview on 25th Monday. It sounds very similar to sotry of user cm1979. The IO reviewed my documents ( I20, Driver's licese, took a copy of my DV letter, passport, she did not see my original Birth cert, education and tax returns)and she told me everything looks fine. She said she will process it in the afternoon. She also told me she will order my GC when a visa is available. I am confused about how the system works. Isn't it when our case number is current, visa will be available to the DV winner?
I asked her about whether she wants to stamp my passport and take my I94 and she refused. She said she will only do that if she is 100% sure if she can successfully order my visa. She asked me to keep my I94 as it is very important card. I was disappointed at first. I do not know why some people who went interview had instant confirmation that a visa is available for them...

I signed up for the USCIS case update on USCIS website and until today there's no new update. I would like to ask those who got their GC. How soon do you receive your CPO for GC after your interview... Now there's no update really worries me. I want to know whether she successfully order a card for me.... I am so worried now.

Congrats Drake on your successful interview. As for the IO, I am sure by the end of the day the application would be approved and you should have the GC in two weeks. Has happened many times before in the past years and the same result i.e. GC with in 2-4 weeks. Just relax and let things work for you. You already did what you could.:)

Wow, I'm off for a couple of days and so many good things happen. :) Huge congrats to everybody who had their interview and who received their interview notice!

I finally sent in the AOS packet and it arrived to Chicago yesterday. Thank you all for helping me put it together. A special thanks to Daima for providing extra help with the documents.

Now here comes waiting...

Glad to hear the update gdh, I am one week later than you.
The post office said my package will be delivered tomorrow by noon, but it is not going to do any good since it is weekend.
Good luck!!!

By looking at the progress dates of those who became current in October, I saw a pattern to finish them before Christmas.....I wonder if there is any big holiday in spring that could motivate them to process our cases faster....

Thank you everybody for the congratulations and good wishes. I am very happy for the interview notice. I honestly started to lose hope but this forum has been of great help. I just wish that ice man, linda555, and Yaku, and of course everyone, receives the interview notice pretty soon. That would be even better.

Good luck to all!!!!

Thank u, Daima for your reply, and sorry for such ton of words)

my case number is 2010EU00016xxx it is current now
i asked if USCIS will reject my application if it has been sent before I paid to DOS $375.00??

hello middle.com,

I understand that the receipt of payment from DOS is not required as the Evidence of Eligibility under the DV program (Your first notification letter is required). The USCIS will request your DV case to the KCC and the KCC will forward your files only if a payment has been done.

To summarize:
1) You need to send a photocopy of your first Notification Letter from the DOS in your AOS package as Evidence of Eligibility.
2) Make the payment to the DOS as soon as possible.
3) Bring the receipt of payment to DOS to your interview appointment.

Good luck

Thanks cooldude,

I am glad that you are still around to help us!

You are welcome gagaun. Actually i have not been as active partly due to a health problem. Nevertheless, I don't feel guilty as i2009 and Daima are doing a very good job helping others and of course bentleebee is always helpful too. Not to mention that everyone is doing their part in helping everyone else to the best of their ability. All the best to everyone.

hello middle.com,

I understand that the receipt of payment from DOS is not required as the Evidence of Eligibility under the DV program (Your first notification letter is required). The USCIS will request your DV case to the KCC and the KCC will forward your files only if a payment has been done.

To summarize:
1) You need to send a photocopy of your first Notification Letter from the DOS in your AOS package as Evidence of Eligibility.
2) Make the payment to the DOS as soon as possible.
3) Bring the receipt of payment to DOS to your interview appointment.

Good luck

Thanks i2009, I really appreciate your reply!

now I feel better, I worried to much concirning that.

USCIS got my AOS on January 28, I hope everything is good and I will get my NOA next week.

middle.com

I was in Colorado office in summer, but then I moved to Memphis area. I visited Denver USCIS office, pretty big and well-staffed office they've got there.
I send my docs recently too, I know gdh also send at about the same time as you did. So, let us wait and hope for the best.

middle.com

I was in Colorado office in summer, but then I moved to Memphis area. I visited Denver USCIS office, pretty big and well-staffed office they've got there.
I send my docs recently too, I know gdh also send at about the same time as you did. So, let us wait and hope for the best.

cool!!!)
Were you in this office

Denver Field Office.
12484 East Weaver Place Centennial, CO 80111.

Hope everything will be great)) keep me informed)

yes i was there on infopass, everyone is so nice and helpful over there, i visited the memphis office on infopass as well, they were also gr8. i guess they have a bit less snow over here, other than that, both are nice. :)
most importantly, they are both not too busy like in new york or other places, i hope. i guess although the pace of processing is the same everywhere, some places just have less cases to process so they could schedule interviews and such relatively faster.

AOS 2010 has now as many pages as AOS 2009 has, and will probably exceed it very soon. It is like a Titanic vs. Avatar, Avatar exceeding thanks to higher ticket costs, AOS2010 exceeding, probably, due to higher internet use. :)