• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Good luck to VZLA and cm1979 tomorrow in your interview. I hope that everything goes well and keep us posted when you can.

Best of luck!!!

Thanks i2009
As soon as I finish the interview, hoping everything turns out fine, I will sit on a computer to let you all know how it went...

Visa approved at interview!!!!!

Hello everybody,
I'm just arriving from USCIS office in Norfolk VA. The interview went as smooth as it could be. In fact, it didn't last more than 10 minutes. My interview was schedule for 8:30 and I arrived at 8:15. As soon as I put the interview letter in the box and I was about to sit down, a man passed by and picked it up and told me to follow him to his office. I learned he was the I.O who was handling my case. Once in his office, I took an oath and asked me to see my passport and driver license. Then, he went over my I-485 application by reading some of the items and I only had to confirm by saying Yes... He said for example, your name is such and such; you were born there, etc. and with a red pen he checked all those items. Then he went over the Have you ever questions...after that he said "everything looks fine to me I'll go ahead and approve your case. There is already a visa available for you and I will update your case right now. You should receive your green case in about 2 or 3 weeks" then he added "Do you have any questions?" I replied no. Finally he said " congratulations" and I said thanks and left the office jumping and leaping in my heart.
I want to take some time to first thank God for his great mercy and love and because he made this day possible and also to all of you guys for your incledible support even though we don't really know each other and especially people in the previous threads (2009 AOS) their experience made a difference in our outcome today.
I wish the best to the rest of you who are still waiting for your interview. Hang in there. That day will soon come!!!
Thanks again

VZLA
congratulation VZLA
as you said we don't know each other but we help and support each other in a very good way
Welcom to the GC club

May i ask what was your status F1 H1 or any thing elase ?

enjoy this good day

VZLA
congratulation VZLA
as you said we don't know each other but we help and support each other in a very good way
Welcom to the GC club

May i ask what was your status F1 H1 or any thing elase ?

enjoy this good day

Thank you very much Houselight75,
My status was H1B and Good luck to you!!!

Hello everybody,
I'm just arriving from USCIS office in Norfolk VA. The interview went as smooth as it could be. In fact, it didn't last more than 10 minutes. My interview was schedule for 8:30 and I arrived at 8:15. As soon as I put the interview letter in the box and I was about to sit down, a man passed by and picked it up and told me to follow him to his office. I learned he was the I.O who was handling my case. Once in his office, I took an oath and asked me to see my passport and driver license. Then, he went over my I-485 application by reading some of the items and I only had to confirm by saying Yes... He said for example, your name is such and such; you were born there, etc. and with a red pen he checked all those items. Then he went over the Have you ever questions...after that he said "everything looks fine to me I'll go ahead and approve your case. There is already a visa available for you and I will update your case right now. You should receive your green case in about 2 or 3 weeks" then he added "Do you have any questions?" I replied no. Finally he said " congratulations" and I said thanks and left the office jumping and leaping in my heart.
I want to take some time to first thank God for his great mercy and love and because he made this day possible and also to all of you guys for your incledible support even though we don't really know each other and especially people in the previous threads (2009 AOS) their experience made a difference in our outcome today.
I wish the best to the rest of you who are still waiting for your interview. Hang in there. That day will soon come!!!
Thanks again

Congratulations, VZLA, very happy for you!

Hello everybody,
I'm just arriving from USCIS office in Norfolk VA. The interview went as smooth as it could be.

Congratulations VZLA,

I am so happy for you. This kind of news makes me feel better that there still is hope for me and the rest of the guys in this, should I say "crazy" process?

Congrats and relax now!!!

Hi linda555 and I2009

I didn't remember his signture name who got Gc on 1/16/10............and his number current on OCtober . his field office in Boston same yours Linda555.......

Hi linda555 and I2009

I didn't remember his signture name who got Gc on 1/16/10............and his number current on OCtober . his field office in Boston same yours Linda555.......

Hello fitness,

I think it was CCS3840 the one who got the GC in record time for Boston Office. Any news from your sister's case?

Hello everybody,
Thanks again

Waooh!!whats a good news!!!!Congratulations VZLA. The waiting is over!am very happy for you.

yes you right.......i forword to my sister that.......because she is in boston too CCS3840 yea.
My sister is waiting to see the IJ ......the case now on thier hand we not expect it going be negative but TIME TIME TIME..................................She still need to sent her package to chicago like any body ............wating for fingerprint ...........waiting for interviw . all those process

Hello everybody,
Thanks again

Congratulations VZLA, what a relief!

As for my interview: It went pretty much similar to VZLA's. No more than 10 minutes. Needed to show just the I-D and passport. Needed to confirm the answers to the questions on I-485 form. But unlike from VZLA's case, the IO that interviewed me did not confirm that a visa is available for me and she did not approve my case yet. She said that she needs to check in the afternoon whether a visa is available to me or not. She also added that my application/file looks good to her; so if a visa is available she will grant it to me. I asked her whether i can contact her in the afternoon or not. She said no and said that she would let me know via mail if a visa is not available; otherwise i should get my gc within 2 to 4 weeks. She said that the reason she doesnt check/confirm now is that she is very busy. But anyhow, i know that a visa will be available since this is a DV case. So i am not worried...but would have been really great if she confirmed right there and then...

Good luck to all the rest. I will keep you updated. Thanks to all!!

As for my interview: It went pretty much similar to VZLA's. No more than 10 minutes. Needed to show just the I-D and passport. Needed to confirm the answers to the questions on I-485 form. But unlike from VZLA's case, the IO that interviewed me did not confirm that a visa is available for me and she did not approve my case yet. She said that she needs to check in the afternoon whether a visa is available to me or not. She also added that my application/file looks good to her; so if a visa is available she will grant it to me. I asked her whether i can contact her in the afternoon or not. She said no and said that she would let me know via mail if a visa is not available; otherwise i should get my gc within 2 to 4 weeks. She said that the reason she doesnt check/confirm now is that she is very busy. But anyhow, i know that a visa will be available since this is a DV case. So i am not worried...but would have been really great if she confirmed right there and then...

Nothing to worry about, I'm sure she will approve it. Almost over for you.

Congratulations cm1979,
I am glad your interview was also successful. Even though the IO didn't approve your case on the spot, we know it is already approved. it has happened to others before and they already received their GC. Now we can relax a little bit and wait for the Card to be mailed to us.

Thanks

Thanks Daima, Tk2010, i2009, and Fitness901 for your words. It really nice to get that pad on the back when things are going well or those encouraging words when we don't feel so confident.
Thanks for being such a wonderful group!!!!