• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi guyz!!
I had my interview this morning at 8:20. I get there early like 15mns before scheduled time!I went through the security thing then i was told to place the apptmnt letter in the apptment box. I wait like 10mnts the certain lady called my name, i followed her in the office. She introduced her name to me and she told me she is IO and is going to interview me. She asked me to take an oath that i will speak the truth, then she offer me a sit. She asked about my passport ,DL, EAD,I-20 and NLI. She was having my file with the documents i sent to Chicago on her table. Then she asked the questions in form I-485 part 3, such as my name, address,DOB,parents names, last entry....etc. She also asked all Have you ever QNS!!!Finally she told me everything looks fine to her. Then she told me to wait as is going see the available visa for me!Then she came back and told me my visa # is available and she has to approve my case. She told me i will receive the GC in couple of weeks to come.She insisted me to make sure that my name is clearly written in the mail box at home so that the card to reach me without delay. she didnt stamp my passport even she didnt take I-94. I was not asked about affidavit of support.The Officer was so kind and friendly. For those who are waiting for the interview and those who are waiting to receive GC like me I WISH YOU GOODLUCKY.

Congratulations, Tk!!

Hi,

I was wondering when did you all or planning on to submit your I485 pakage to USCIS?
- at the beginning of the 2010 Fiscal Year (number not announced current yet)?
- when you found out in the visa bulletin your number will be current the next month?
- at the beginning of the month the number is current?

The question is to check if we can submit the package to USCIS before the number is even anounced current in the Visa Bulletin ?
I called USCIS had Infopass and none seems to have the same version.
It would help if you could share your experience if you got rejected for submitting too early or accepted after submitting very early...

Thank you!

Hi guyz!!
I had my interview this morning at 8:20. I get there early like 15mns before scheduled time!I went through the security thing then i was told to place the apptmnt letter in the apptment box. I wait like 10mnts the certain lady called my name, i followed her in the office. She introduced her name to me and she told me she is IO and is going to interview me. She asked me to take an oath that i will speak the truth, then she offer me a sit. She asked about my passport ,DL, EAD,I-20 and NLI. She was having my file with the documents i sent to Chicago on her table. Then she asked the questions in form I-485 part 3, such as my name, address,DOB,parents names, last entry....etc. She also asked all Have you ever QNS!!!Finally she told me everything looks fine to her. Then she told me to wait as is going see the available visa for me!Then she came back and told me my visa # is available and she has to approve my case. She told me i will receive the GC in couple of weeks to come.She insisted me to make sure that my name is clearly written in the mail box at home so that the card to reach me without delay. she didnt stamp my passport even she didnt take I-94. I was not asked about affidavit of support.The Officer was so kind and friendly. For those who are waiting for the interview and those who are waiting to receive GC like me I WISH YOU GOODLUCKY.

Congratulations TK2010,
Thanks for sharing your interview experience. I hope mine goes as smooth as yours!!! I'm counting each hour...

Thank you so much i2009,Daima and VZLA.
VZLA, dont worry i do hope your interview will be so easy, all the best. keep us posted.

Hi,

I was wondering when did you all or planning on to submit your I485 pakage to USCIS?
- at the beginning of the 2010 Fiscal Year (number not announced current yet)?
- when you found out in the visa bulletin your number will be current the next month?
- at the beginning of the month the number is current?

The question is to check if we can submit the package to USCIS before the number is even anounced current in the Visa Bulletin ?
I called USCIS had Infopass and none seems to have the same version.
It would help if you could share your experience if you got rejected for submitting too early or accepted after submitting very early...

Thank you!

Sometimes it depends with the field office!!However its advised to send the AOS package when your case # become current.
Forexample if your CN become current in June you can submmit the package at the end of May.

So I2009 is only me and you who are waiting for our interviews letter ... Its been since october and november that we wait wait wait...anyways i wish you good luck and i hope that like Zapatos our interviews will come ....:)

Good luck to all of you who have interviews this month!

Wow you are waiting for a really long time now...Did you go and do any more infopass? Did you hear if your case had arrived t Boston and/or what the usual time frame for AOS is over there. My friend did infopass in the beginning of this month and was told that her case was arrived and the fingerprinting came back okay and she just needed to wait and return if she hadn't heard back in 60 days, but now received the interview date last Saturday. They did say that AOS time frame was 4 months and I asked why it wouldn't be different for Dv and we were told it wouldn't matter since there were plenty of visa # and last couple of years not the max. was reached...so don't worry! But I know you do, I'm sorry, waiting is horrible!:)

So I2009 is only me and you who are waiting for our interviews letter ... Its been since october and november that we wait wait wait...anyways i wish you good luck and i hope that like Zapatos our interviews will come ....:)

I am still waiting too. My # has been current since October !!! All i get from infopasses is "keep waiting"

I hope all of us don't have to wait much longer !!!

Hello linda,

This wait is driving me crazy. As Ice Man, all I get in the infopasses is "keep waiting". I was thinking of waiting for a couple more weeks and then ask for help to a Senator. I know, from previous years, that the Senators Offices may help in getting the applications moving.

I keep my fingers crossed for you and for Ice Man. Every time that I see a post from you guys I think that I will read something good.

I hope that you get your interview notice pretty soon.

PS: I understand that Yaku and Gagaun are also waiting for the interview notice.

Good luck to VZLA and cm1979 tomorrow in your interview. I hope that everything goes well and keep us posted when you can.

Best of luck!!!

hey guys, I am so sorry to hear that some of us are still waiting. i have been in that situation and I understand. I think you should give it some time as 2-3 weeks and contact a senator. But I do hope it comes before.
I have an issue guys. Like you know, I have an interview on the 15th of march. however, my opt ends on february 28th. I got an admission to a new school and my advisor there tells me that I should start preparing the financial docs for my I 20. She said that even if I complete everything the school ask for, she would issue me an I20 for March 1st after my opt. Ok. My question is can I use the 60 days grace period after the opt (if I am still gathering the money for the financial docs) and go to the interview and still be on status. I do not want that to jeopardize my status. Would it be a problem?

and i can't change my profile to let people know that I have received the interview. How do we do it? anyone knows?

hey guys, I am so sorry to hear that some of us are still waiting. i have been in that situation and I understand. I think you should give it some time as 2-3 weeks and contact a senator. But I do hope it comes before.
I have an issue guys. Like you know, I have an interview on the 15th of march. however, my opt ends on february 28th. I got an admission to a new school and my advisor there tells me that I should start preparing the financial docs for my I 20. She said that even if I complete everything the school ask for, she would issue me an I20 for March 1st after my opt. Ok. My question is can I use the 60 days grace period after the opt (if I am still gathering the money for the financial docs) and go to the interview and still be on status. I do not want that to jeopardize my status. Would it be a problem?

Hello zapatos,

Thanks for your advice.

I know nothing about I20 but, as far as I know, you are in legal status while you have a pending AOS. You can't work and you can't travel abroad unless you have an EAD and an AP.

Hello linda,

This wait is driving me crazy. As Ice Man, all I get in the infopasses is "keep waiting". I was thinking of waiting for a couple more weeks and then ask for help to a Senator. I know, from previous years, that the Senators Offices may help in getting the applications moving.

I keep my fingers crossed for you and for Ice Man. Every time that I see a post from you guys I think that I will read something good.

I hope that you get your interview notice pretty soon.

PS: I understand that Yaku and Gagaun are also waiting for the interview notice.

Also here still waiting, did the biometrix about 2 weeks ago...agonizing wait since then...

Yes you can use the 60 day rule. I was on OPT b4 getting GC, my OPT was expiring in Jan and was worried if my interview was delayed will I be out of status and my International Student advisor told me I will be ok because of the 60 day rule etc. So don't worry. Besides, your AOS app is pending, so you are good.

Hi, thomen,

what office are you at?

thanks

West Palm Beach, FLorida.
USCIS opened a new, bigger facility there a few years ago.

I hppe that the USCIS field offices in Florida are not going to be overloaded now with the Haiti situation. Anyone any insight on how this might influence the timelime of DV AOS cases?

West Palm Beach, FLorida.
USCIS opened a new, bigger facility there a few years ago.

I hppe that the USCIS field offices in Florida are not going to be overloaded now with the Haiti situation. Anyone any insight on how this might influence the timelime of DV AOS cases?

Hi, my office is in Jacksonville. My number is almost like yours. I've done biometrics on 01/06/10. Two weeks later I went there for INFOPASS, they told me I should be scheduled for the interview at least by the end of February.
It's just strange that some people with higher numbers already received their letters... but I guess it strictly depends on the office. And I think that mostly Miami office will be dealing with Haiti situation...