• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I didnt submmit affidavit of support with the package. I received no request for that even in the interview letter.Guyz do i real need to have this form during interview? Am new in this forum pls i need your help!!
Your advice highly appreciated.

CN:2010AF00016XXX(Manchester, NH)
04/10/09, NL1
06/25/09, returned forms to KCC
09/08/09, NL2 received
10/05/09, Send DV fee to DOS
11/16/09, Medical exam done
11/30/09, send package to Chicago(CN current dec)
12/11/09, NOA received
12/21/09, biometric received
12/30/09, Interview letter received
01/08/10, biometric done
Waiting for the interview 01/26/10

Hi Tk2010, welcome to the forum. As far as I know you only need to fill out an affidavit of support if they specifically ask for it in the interview letter.

Good luck on your interview!

I didnt submmit affidavit of support with the package. I received no request for that even in the interview letter.Guyz do i real need to have this form during interview? Am new in this forum pls i need your help!!
Your advice highly appreciated.

04/10/09, NL1, CN2010AF00016XXX
06/25/09, returned forms to KCC
09/08/09, NL2 received
10/05/09, Send DV fee to DOS
11/16/09, Medical exam done
11/30/09, send package to Chicago(CN current December)
12/11/09, NOA received
12/21/09, biometric received for 01/08/10
12/30/09, Interview letter received for 01/26/10
01/08/10, biometric done
Waiting for the interview 01/26/10

got the biometric done today. wonder how long it will take the Dallas, TX office to schedule my interview? :)

Hi guyz!
Am new in this forum. I wish i could see it early!!!Am DV2010 winner,current on F1. My CN2010AF00016XXX become current dec. Nice to meet you here guyz!!

Hello Tk2010,

Welcome to the forum. Even though they don't require for the Affidavit of Support in the interview notice, some people still take one to the interview just in case the officer decides to request for one thus the process is not delayed.

Good luck in your interview and keep us posted!

PS: What is your Field Office?

Thank you so much gdh and i2009.
Am looking for someone to fill for me affidavit of support just incase.
My field office is in Manchester NH

Dual AOS application

The waiting for the Interview Notice is driving me nuts and I am starting to worry that something could be wrong with my case. I have another Employment Based AOS and I am concerned that it may be the culprit for the delay.

Here is my question: has anyone with a dual AOS application received the Interview Notice or the GC yet?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

The waiting for the Interview Notice is driving me nuts and I am starting to worry that something could be wrong with my case. I have another Employment Based AOS and I am concerned that it may be the culprit for the delay.

Here is my question: has anyone with a dual AOS application received the Interview Notice or the GC yet?

Hi i2009,
Dont worry your interview letter will come, however try to make infopass in your local office and ask them about the delay of your case.

Hi i2009

As you know i am in the same boat as you with dual AOS and i am still waiting for the interview letter.

Hello everyone,

I had a question about the medical part. We finished the examination and the civil surgeon gave us I693 in sealed envelopes. I asked them whether our results comply with the requirements and they said yes. But after coming home I realized they did not give us our paper that shows the final decision of the civil surgeon.
I was planning to send out the application package tomorrow and now I do not know, formally, what the final decision/finding of the civil surgeon was.
Is this a problem? Are civil surgeons required to give any paper to patients that informs them about the findings?
What do they do when something is wrong? Our lab results and immunization records were all in tact. The doctor was extremely cooperative and nice. Did they just forget to give us that paper? I am freaking out, I don't know how I will wait until Monday. Please, share any knowledge or experience regarding this.

Ahad,

When I got the medical exam done, the doctor gave me the sealed envelope and also an additional copy of what is in the envelope. Maybe go back to the doctor to see if they can provide you with an additional copy of what is in the sealed envelope, so you can keep that as your record. I called many places before doing mine and most of the doctors do provide an additional copy of the result.

Good Luck!

gagaun

Thank you for your response. I am not sure if applicants are allowed to see the actual form, but I think doctors should let the applicant know his final decision. I will probably call them on Monday.

Thanks ice man and Tk2010 for your responses and words of encouragement. I scheduled an infopass for Thursday. I hope they can give me some useful information this time.

I understand that the USCIS needs to consolidate my cases before they can approve my DV case but they could create what they call a T-File (Temporary File) so the Immigration Officer could still continue with the normal processing while waiting for the previous I-485 application to be mailed. My concern is that in the process many things could go wrong (i.e. my case is forgotten in a drawer, the previous I-485 got lost in the mail, etc).

Thanks again and best of luck to eveyone!

Interview date!!!:) My friend received the letter that she was waiting for...and she got 2! 2 of the same letters stating it will be Febr.10th:):):)

It is indeed stating form I-864 for affidavit of support and not the I-134....well she has enough funds so she should be fine. The only weird thing is that the paper is a copy and stating more info on the reverse side...but that side is empty!

to Ahad...my friend got the sealed enveloppe + a copy of the paper that was in it...Maybe call the civil surgeon and ask, maybe they overlooked to give you the copy...

I was about to send in my package but as I read the forum more and more I get more questions. :( This process is really nerve wrecking.

1. Who needs a police report? Do I need one? Does it come from my country or the US? If I need one how do I get it? Just walk into a police station?
  2. I have started a GC process through my employment but because it was EC-3 I never got to the point to actually submit an I-485. Do I still need to include anything from that paperwork?
I hope the answer to both questions is no and then I can send the package today. But I want to be sure. :)

gdh

police clearances are needed if you are filling out 485 supplement and the supplement needs to be filled out if you had been convicted for with criminal charges.

I was about to send in my package but as I read the forum more and more I get more questions. :( This process is really nerve wrecking.

1. Who needs a police report? Do I need one? Does it come from my country or the US? If I need one how do I get it? Just walk into a police station?
  2. I have started a GC process through my employment but because it was EC-3 I never got to the point to actually submit an I-485. Do I still need to include anything from that paperwork?
I hope the answer to both questions is no and then I can send the package today. But I want to be sure. :)

Hello gdh,

You don't need a police report is you have not ever been convicted. In those cases you need to submit a court-certified copy of the sentence. Please, read the page 3 of the I-485 Instructions for more information about this issue.

Note: The Police Certificate is required for Consular Processing.

You don't need to include anything from your employment-based process as you did not submit the I-485. The answer to question "Have you ever before applied for permanent resident status in the US" under Part 3 should be "No".

Good luck!

Congratulations for the interview letter to your friend !

Interview date!!!:) My friend received the letter that she was waiting for...and she got 2! 2 of the same letters stating it will be Febr.10th:):):)

It is indeed stating form I-864 for affidavit of support and not the I-134....well she has enough funds so she should be fine. The only weird thing is that the paper is a copy and stating more info on the reverse side...but that side is empty!

to Ahad...my friend got the sealed enveloppe + a copy of the paper that was in it...Maybe call the civil surgeon and ask, maybe they overlooked to give you the copy...

Thanks....does any one know if it is normal to get 2 x the same mail with the interview date on the same day...and it does look like a coy of the letter, not like the other papers for biometrics, etc..

My friend did get a police certificate just to be safe, although she never had anything with the law...not even a ticket. We just called the local police office and explained what was needed and she could have it sent to her home or picked up at the office. We went over there and received it...we will bring it to the interview. The asked if she needed it to be notorized and just to be more sure she had it notorized...no fees charged!:)