• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thank you Ahad for your answer.

1. I've read from someone who already received their card (I believe) that the DV winner has to select "Other" and put "DV 2010 winner" for Part 2.
  2. I was just wondering about the I-20's as I'm no longer on F1 visa, I adjusted status to H1B. Either way, I'll send them in just in case. :)
  3. I just verified that my latest transcript will contain all the courses I took for all three degrees. I hope it'll be enough.
  4. I haven't filled out any of the support forms yet, I was just wondering if I should. I've read a lot about this topic and the consensus was that we shouldn't send it in initially and if the officer requests either I-864 or I-130 then take that to the interview. I just didn't see anybody mentioning the spouse, that's why I asked to be sure.

1. The principal applicant (DVL winner) should check a, and derivatives should check b, afaik.
2. They ask for a visa page of your passport (if issued within a year), but I am including my 3 y.o. visa page and all 2019 (similar to I20) forms. It is a very important document that will show that you have always retained your legal status during your whole stay.
3. We are sending all diplomas and transcripts from every level, both for me and my wife. Better to send a few days later than to have it rejected and delayed for a longer period of time.
4. I am not sure why you are doing those forms. Maybe because your spouse is not in the US? Affidavit of support is not needed for DVL AOS filing. That is what I have found out after long time of search and self-education.
5. I also would like to know an answer for this.

You are a bit ahead of us, we still have to do our medicals.

Thank you i2009 for the info and for the link as well!

You can send yours and your wife's applications in one package. You need to clearly separate the cases by rubber band or clip fasteners.

[Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post URLs yet]

good luck!

Thank you Thomen. I actually read that before but it doesn't hurt repeating. :)
just make sure to make two checks, one for each applicant...I did cut one check for the three of us and my application was first returned...

AOS Package

First of all, I apologize for the huge post but I'm hoping it will be beneficial.

I'm creating a table of contents (ToC) that I want to send in with the application; planning on putting it right after the cover letter. I decided to post it here; maybe it helps someone else, maybe I get some feedback. All text in green is comment for you guys but will not be included on the actual ToC I send in. I also replaced some info (e.g. names) for privacy. :) Also, all documents are copies except for the "Original Documents" sections.

I plan to use ACCO fasteners [Google it] on the top side to make one package for myself and one for my wife of all the document copies with tabs on the bottom to clearly highlight sections. The Original Documents will have to be held together with rubber bands.

Please let me know what you think.

COVER LETTER

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION
Application for Adjustment Of Status (I-485)
Based on DV2010 Lottery Winning

DV2010 Case Number: 2010EU00018XXX

Principle applicant:
Name: [My Name]
SSN: [My SSN]
A#: [My A# I got for my 1-year OPT based EAD] [still debating whether or not to include this]

Spouse:
Name: [Spouse's Name]
Maiden Name: [Spouse's Maiden Name]​

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Documents for [My name]

• DV Lottery Documents

[*]Notification Letter #1
    [*]Notification Letter #2
    [*]DV Fee Payment [shows payment for 2 x $375 = $750]
  • Application Forms

[*]I-485 [Part 2: I checked "Other" and put "DV2010 Winner"; should I change it to "a"?]
    [*]G-325A
    [*]I-765
  • Supporting Documents

[*]Birth Certificate [translation and original]
    [*]Social Security Card
    [*]Marriage License
    [*]H1B Approval Notice (I-797A) and I-94 (valid: 2008-2011)
    [*]H1B Approval Notice (I-797A) and I-94 (valid: 2005-2008)
    [*]I-765 Application for EAD (for 1-year Optional Practical Training)
    [*]EAD Card for OPT (valid: 2004-2005)
    [*]F1 Approval Notice (I-797A) (valid: 1999-Duration of Status)
    [*]Original I-94 form
    [*]Passport and Visa
    [*]Educational Degrees: Master's (2009), Bachelor's (2004), AA (2002)
    [*]I-20 Documents [I have a bunch of them for some reason]
    [*]Employment Letter [with date of hire, salary, HR person's business card]
    [*]Last three pay stubs
    [*]Last three years' US Individual Tax Return
    [*]Last three years' W2
    [*]Last three years' Property Tax
  • Original Documents

[*]Four (4) Photographs [I think I'll leave them in the pouch CVS gave me]
    [*]Personal check for $1,010
    [*]Official Transcript (It includes all courses for all three degrees)
    [*]Medical Exam Result

Documents for [Spouse's Name]
  • Application Forms

[*]I-485 [checked "b" for Part 2]
    [*]G-325A
    [*]I-765
  • Supporting Documents

[*]Birth Certificate [translation and original]
    [*]Marriage License
    [*]H4 Approval Notice (I-797A) and I-94 (valid: 2008-2011)
    [*]H4 Approval Notice (I-797A) and I-94 (valid: 2005-2008)
    [*]F2 Approval Notice (I-797A) (valid: 1999-Duration of Status)
    [*]Original I-94 form
    [*]Passport and Visa

• Original Documents

[*]Four (4) Photographs [I think I'll leave them in the pouch CVS gave me]
    [*]Personal check for $1,010
    [*]Medical Exam Result

Thank you for the list gdh,

Let us see what the answers would be like.

I am not putting any tax documents (i do not think i have kept all of them), are they required?

I don't think they're required but I think I read someone had to take them to the interview. I figured I just send them in in the first place.
Thank you for the list gdh,

Let us see what the answers would be like.

I am not putting any tax documents (i do not think i have kept all of them), are they required?

You have it all!:)...the only thing I would change is, to take the original paper(s) out and put a copy in. The originals are to be shown at the time of the interview and you risk the originals to get lost.

Hello everybody!!!!! Congratulations again to those who have received their green card. I have been waiting with other people like i2009 for so long now. I am tired waiting for that interview. My number was current since november, the same month than Daima and some more; I have filed since october 1st;I did my biometric since the beginning of november; 3 1/2 months already;but I am stuck. I do not even know where. I am tired of waiting!!!!!!!! I am really really tired.

Hello zapatos,

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with this wait as some of us are. What kills me is that I took an infopass and called the USCIS Customer Service Office and I can't get any useful information. All I get is "please wait". I was starting to study how to contact a Senator's office for help. I think it still is a little early to do it though.

Please notice that most of the cases that have been approved are from not so busy Field Offices. Unfortunately NY seems to be the worst. The good news is that happy2010 got the interview notice, that gives us some hope that busy offices are moving as well.

On January 15, 2010 the Field Offices updated their processing times. It's odd that the processing times are as of November 30, 2009. Even though DV cases should be prioritized, these processing times could give us an idea of how busy the Field Offices are. For Philadelphia the processing times for I-485 went from 3 months to August 02, 2009 which is not good. NY shows March 30, 2009.

I would suggest that you take another infopass and see if you can talk with a supervisor.

Please, hang in there and keep us posted. Good luck to you!!!

Thanks gdh for the list.

I think that you need to include your A#. The alien number helps them find your alien file, if no A# is provided, they need to start a search to see if you already have an alien file.

Also, I put "A" in part two of my I-485 and it was accepted but I read, in an old procedure manual, that the DV cases should use "H" and enter "Diversity" next to the "Other" box.

Good luck!

[QUOTE=gdh;2146585]First of all, I apologize for the huge post but I'm hoping it will be beneficial.

I'm creating a table of contents (ToC) that I want to send in with the application; planning on putting it right after the cover letter. I decided to post it here; maybe it helps someone else, maybe I get some feedback. All text in green is comment for you guys but will not be included on the actual ToC I send in. I also replaced some info (e.g. names) for privacy. :) Also, all documents are copies except for the "Original Documents" sections.

I plan to use ACCO fasteners [Google it] on the top side to make one package for myself and one for my wife of all the document copies with tabs on the bottom to clearly highlight sections. The Original Documents will have to be held together with rubber bands.

Hi gdh,

Looks like you are set to go, I would suggest a few things if you don't mind:

1. I don't think it's necessary to include your current A# in the cover letter, especially if you decided to fill it in in the form as they ask you to if you have one
2. I don't think you need to include your W-2s and Tax Returns, your employment letter which states the salary should be sufficient, normally they will ask you to bring Tax and W-2s to the interview if they need them

Note:
It has been advised to have a less bulky application package. I was actually trying to find for you a link that lists how to assemble your AOS package, but I can't find it. But try to include only the supporting documents you were asked for.

Arrangement of the documents

I'll try to remember the best I can. I think you should organize your package a bit and make it flow:

PRIMARY APPLICANT

Cover letter: Which will state you name, intention for changing Status, where you say you are a DV lottey winner and state your CN and say what you have included in the package in the order you have them

Order of rest of package:

1. Check
2. Photos
3. I-485
4. AOS Eligibility docs
a. First NL
b. Second NL (not necessary)
c. Copy of Receipt from DOS
Note: Clip check and photos at the top of the I-485 form

5.Birth Certificate
a. Copy of Original
b. Translated
c. Certificate of translation
d. SS card can also go here
6. Marriage Certificate
a. Copy of original
b. Translated copy
c. Certificate of Translation
6. Copy of Passport profile page + visa page

7. Evidence of Status
a. I-94s (from recent to old if you have)
b. Copy of OPT cards
c. All your I-20s if you have (Yes it's many but do it, you don't want them to ask themselves any questions)
d. Your degree (whatever you have completed, Don't send transcripts unless you are still in school)
8. DV Eligibility
a. High School Diploma
b. Employment letter
9. G25A Form
10. I-693 form in a sealed envelope
11. I-765 Form
12. I-131 form

SPOUSE
Make a cover letter that should state that she's applying as a derivative, still state the CN and the rest is the same.

This is how my husband and I sent our package, he was in H1-B and I was in F-1 on OPT, so almost similar to you. We actually used folders for each package, those folders with 2 hole punched at the top, actually that's what they use. So we assembled each folder and put both in a big envelope and mailed it.

I hope this helps. You have everything you need, will be ok, don't worry.

All the best and keep us posted!

First of all, I apologize for the huge post but I'm hoping it will be beneficial.

Hi gdh,

Just a few suggestions:
1) Try to put the medical form with the other forms. Medical form is labeled I-693. So i would place them with other forms at the top of the file (even though it is in a sealed envelop). It will help the IO find the main forms easily. Sometimes if they cannot find a form, they send in a request for more evidence.
2) Don't send any originals, just copies.
3) I see you have your AA degree, B.S, and MS. You would also want to put your High school degree. They at times ask for it specifically.
4) I was asked after submission of my docs to Chicago that at the interview i had to bring an "employer affidavit" saying that my experience counts towards at least 2 yrs according to the list mentioned in the the first package we got from KCC. The IO did not ask for it though at the interview. It might be good to have that prepared ahead of time.
5) I am not sure on this one, but it might be a good idea to keep the first letter from KCC with your and your wife's papers. And maybe write on it, spouse of the primary applicant. I guess those who applied as couple may give an insight on how they did it.
6) It would be fine to leave the A#.
7) The option you have chosen "h" is also ok. People have used "a" and "h" both successfully as far as the NL is in the package.
8) I personally took my tax papers that i had filed, but i think at the interview they would more like to see the transcripts from IRS which can be ordered via phone, but you can may be do that for the interview (just in case).

All the best.

Hello everybody!!!!! Congratulations again to those who have received their green card. I have been waiting with other people like i2009 for so long now. I am tired waiting for that interview. My number was current since november, the same month than Daima and some more; I have filed since october 1st;I did my biometric since the beginning of november; 3 1/2 months already;but I am stuck. I do not even know where. I am tired of waiting!!!!!!!! I am really really tired.

Take an Infopass again. Sorry you have to go through this, I just hope your file is not stuck somewhere. If you don't get any useful info from the Info pass then maybe you should start looking into contacting your Senator because it's been a while now.

Hey guys, I took an infopass today. The woman was very nice, she said that my documents are arrived and that I should be scheduled for an interview by the end of February. If it doesn't happen she suggested to come and check again.
Patience! lol

Hey guys, I took an infopass today. The woman was very nice, she said that my documents are arrived and that I should be scheduled for an interview by the end of February. If it doesn't happen she suggested to come and check again.
Patience! lol

Hello chivik,

What is your Field Office? I hope you get your interview notice soon.

Good luck!

thank you to all of you> yes i scheduled an infopass for the end of the month. This is going to be the last one. Then i will contact the senator of ny like you all suggest. i called uscis this morning and i got transfer to a rude man who told me that my file is still in the missouri center and they are working on it. he said that i have to wait 6 - 12 months even if it is a i 485 based on the lottery. i told him that i went to nyc office and they told me that my file was there. then he started saying louder that my file stills in the missouri and asking me if i have another question. i do not know what to think anymore. i will be waiting for my infopass.

Hello i2009 and Zapatos,

Before receiving my Interview letter, I was lie your guys, nervous and stressed ! As Cooldude gave us the list of members with interview by field office of 2009, I went back on the forum of 2009 and read member's experience of my field office...and guess what, pretty much, the timeline (for busy offices as mine) is very consistant and as result, the timeline is the same from 2009 to 2010 with about 2-3 days of delay.It helped me for the wait, and hope it may help your guys also eithe rfor the wait or for action to take ...
Good luck to all of us !

Hello zapatos,

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with this wait as some of us are. What kills me is that I took an infopass and called the USCIS Customer Service Office and I can't get any useful information. All I get is "please wait". I was starting to study how to contact a Senator's office for help. I think it still is a little early to do it though.

Please notice that most of the cases that have been approved are from not so busy Field Offices. Unfortunately NY seems to be the worst. The good news is that happy2010 got the interview notice, that gives us some hope that busy offices are moving as well.

On January 15, 2010 the Field Offices updated their processing times. It's odd that the processing times are as of November 30, 2009. Even though DV cases should be prioritized, these processing times could give us an idea of how busy the Field Offices are. For Philadelphia the processing times for I-485 went from 3 months to August 02, 2009 which is not good. NY shows March 30, 2009.

I would suggest that you take another infopass and see if you can talk with a supervisor.

Please, hang in there and keep us posted. Good luck to you!!!

Hi Zapato,

i am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your interview letter. I already got my Green card from NYC office. I am wondering do you think your name check and security check make you stuck? or do you have a cover letter state clearly your case is DV lottery case, since i think you application may go to a normal I-485 case withou any pritorize.... Go and do some info pass, sometimes u may find a nice people to help you this.

June

Hi Bentlebee. I'm not sure what you mean. The only originals I included was the check, the photographs, the official transcript and the medical results. I don't think I can send copies of those, can I? :)

EDIT: Cooldude kindly pointed out that I mentioned original and translation for the birth certificates. That was a mistake, I meant to write copy of the original and translation. Thanks for letting me know.

You have it all!:)...the only thing I would change is, to take the original paper(s) out and put a copy in. The originals are to be shown at the time of the interview and you risk the originals to get lost.

Thank you i2009. I'll include my A# in that case. :) As for part 2 I guess it doesn't matter. I wish there were official guidelines from USCIS.

Thanks gdh for the list.

I think that you need to include your A#. The alien number helps them find your alien file, if no A# is provided, they need to start a search to see if you already have an alien file.

Also, I put "A" in part two of my I-485 and it was accepted but I read, in an old procedure manual, that the DV cases should use "H" and enter "Diversity" next to the "Other" box.

Good luck!