• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hello i2009 and Zapatos,

Before receiving my Interview letter, I was lie your guys, nervous and stressed ! As Cooldude gave us the list of members with interview by field office of 2009, I went back on the forum of 2009 and read member's experience of my field office...and guess what, pretty much, the timeline (for busy offices as mine) is very consistant and as result, the timeline is the same from 2009 to 2010 with about 2-3 days of delay.It helped me for the wait, and hope it may help your guys also eithe rfor the wait or for action to take ...
Good luck to all of us !

Thanks happy2010. I too went to the list that Cooldude kindly provided but there were only one applicant in my Field Office and his/her posts did not give me a good idea of my Field Office's timeframe.

Zapatos, I too called the USCIS and they only read to me what the online status says. I told them that the online status is wrong and gave them an example that our AP's are approved and the online status still shows "Initial Review". I also told them that my AOS case can't be in acceptance and that I didn't think it was in Missouri but they said that that's the only information they have. I don't understand why they provide that online status service if it is totally out of sync, frustrating, and a waste of time. Best of luck in your infopass interview!

We sent the KCC forms three months back and we didn’t receive the 2nd NL yet (2010AS00027XXX). So we called the KCC today and when we asked about the 2nd NL, they told that they have received the forms, but they don’t send a 2nd NL for people who are doing AOS. They asked to send the DOS fees and the AOS package after the number becomes current. When we told that some winners have got a 2nd NL, the KCC officer told that they send a 2nd NL only for winners whose numbers have become current, but who still haven’t sent the DOS fees. But I see that many winners have got a 2nd NL after sending the forms. Will it create a problem? I greatly appreciate if anyone could give some advice on this issue.

Thank you Daima for your suggestions. BTW, how could I mind someone helping me? :)

You're right, I'll remove my A# from the cover letter as it's in the applications anyways. I'm also considering removing the tax returns and W2's although I was hoping if I send in everything they would ask for in the interview then I might not need an interview at all. :)

Yeah, I didn't spend enough time on the organization of the documents. I'll try to reorganize them better and then repost it if it's OK with everybody. I'm not sure what the policy is regarding huge posts.

I'll also try to look up the folders you talk about as it would make it much easier to organize the documents. I'm just not sure how to attach the originals such as the medical results. I guess I need to rubber band them to something.

Hi gdh,

Looks like you are set to go, I would suggest a few things if you don't mind:

1. I don't think it's necessary to include your current A# in the cover letter, especially if you decided to fill it in in the form as they ask you to if you have one
2. I don't think you need to include your W-2s and Tax Returns, your employment letter which states the salary should be sufficient, normally they will ask you to bring Tax and W-2s to the interview if they need them

Note:
It has been advised to have a less bulky application package. I was actually trying to find for you a link that lists how to assemble your AOS package, but I can't find it. But try to include only the supporting documents you were asked for.

Arrangement of the documents

I'll try to remember the best I can. I think you should organize your package a bit and make it flow:

PRIMARY APPLICANT

Cover letter: Which will state you name, intention for changing Status, where you say you are a DV lottey winner and state your CN and say what you have included in the package in the order you have them

All the best and keep us posted!

Thanks cooldude06_78 for your answers. I'll reorganize the docs as I didn't do a good job with that. As for the originals, I'm only sending the photos, check, transcript and medical which they all need to be originals, right?

I'm kind of stuck on the degree part. I have AA, BS and MS all from the U.S. I also have, however, a BS, technician degree and high school degree from my country. Should I include all the ones from my country as well or just my high school degree?

Thanks for the heads up about the employment affidavit. I'll ask around to see if I can get one.

Hi gdh,

Just a few suggestions:
1) Try to put the medical form with the other forms. Medical form is labeled I-693. So i would place them with other forms at the top of the file (even though it is in a sealed envelop). It will help the IO find the main forms easily. Sometimes if they cannot find a form, they send in a request for more evidence.
2) Don't send any originals, just copies.
3) I see you have your AA degree, B.S, and MS. You would also want to put your High school degree. They at times ask for it specifically.
4) I was asked after submission of my docs to Chicago that at the interview i had to bring an "employer affidavit" saying that my experience counts towards at least 2 yrs according to the list mentioned in the the first package we got from KCC. The IO did not ask for it though at the interview. It might be good to have that prepared ahead of time.
5) I am not sure on this one, but it might be a good idea to keep the first letter from KCC with your and your wife's papers. And maybe write on it, spouse of the primary applicant. I guess those who applied as couple may give an insight on how they did it.
6) It would be fine to leave the A#.
7) The option you have chosen "h" is also ok. People have used "a" and "h" both successfully as far as the NL is in the package.
8) I personally took my tax papers that i had filed, but i think at the interview they would more like to see the transcripts from IRS which can be ordered via phone, but you can may be do that for the interview (just in case).

All the best.

We sent the KCC forms three months back and we didn’t receive the 2nd NL yet (2010AS00027XXX). So we called the KCC today and when we asked about the 2nd NL, they told that they have received the forms, but they don’t send a 2nd NL for people who are doing AOS. They asked to send the DOS fees and the AOS package after the number becomes current. When we told that some winners have got a 2nd NL, the KCC officer told that they send a 2nd NL only for winners whose numbers have become current, but who still haven’t sent the DOS fees. But I see that many winners have got a 2nd NL after sending the forms. Will it create a problem? I greatly appreciate if anyone could give some advice on this issue.

Hello chooti,

It is my understanding that the KCC refers to the second notification letter as the one that they send to the DV winners doing consular processing once the interview appointment has been scheduled in the consular office. It contains the consular interview appointment information along with the documentation required.

For AOS applicant, we refer to the second notification letter to the one the KCC sends acknowledging that we decided to do AOS. I don't think it is important. What it important is the first notification letter and the receipt of payment.

I'm not an expert and still have a lot to learn but one thing I noticed is that I got my second notification letter in August, months before anybody's number became current. The first numbers to become current was in October, mine became current in January.

I'm not sure whether or not it's a problem if you don't receive it. I guess keep trying to call KCC to see if you get a nicer officer to talk to. I would also move forward with the case if your number is current.

Thanks cooldude06_78 for your answers. I'll reorganize the docs as I didn't do a good job with that. As for the originals, I'm only sending the photos, check, transcript and medical which they all need to be originals, right?

I'm kind of stuck on the degree part. I have AA, BS and MS all from the U.S. I also have, however, a BS, technician degree and high school degree from my country. Should I include all the ones from my country as well or just my high school degree?

Thanks for the heads up about the employment affidavit. I'll ask around to see if I can get one.

Hi gdb,

In your initial post, you mentioned with the birth certificate that you have the original in the packet you would be sumbitting to Chicago. That is why, bentlebee and I suggested that only send copies (of documents showing your eligibility). All forms, transcripts, photos and checks are original as you said.

You just need the high school degree from your country. Just send the essentials and keep extras for the interview. (i.e. send you high school, and then the AA, B.S and M.S). Make sure it is in English.

Good luck.

Oh, OK, that was my mistake. I meant to say a copy of the "original and the translation."

Thanks for the advice on the degrees. I am getting really close to send it all in. Exciting times! :)

Hi gdb,

In your initial post, you mentioned with the birth certificate that you have the original in the packet you would be sumbitting to Chicago. That is why, bentlebee and I suggested that only send copies (of documents showing your eligibility). All forms, transcripts, photos and checks are original as you said.

You just need the high school degree from your country. Just send the essentials and keep extras for the interview. (i.e. send you high school, and then the AA, B.S and M.S). Make sure it is in English.

Good luck.

can anyone help me with the following questions?

1. can i change the uscis office? i have not submiited my aos package yet since my cn is not current but when i informed kcc of my intention to do aos i listed the los angeles uscis office.
2. is anyone applying thru the los angeles uscis?
3. any experiences with the LA office?

many thanks in advance

Hi Daima,

I'm working on reorganizing my documents and I was wondering if there was any chance you could look it up somehow whether this was in fact the order you guys sent your documents in. I'd really appreciate it.

I'll try to remember the best I can. I think you should organize your package a bit and make it flow:

Same here...

thank you to all of you> yes i scheduled an infopass for the end of the month. This is going to be the last one. Then i will contact the senator of ny like you all suggest. i called uscis this morning and i got transfer to a rude man who told me that my file is still in the missouri center and they are working on it. he said that i have to wait 6 - 12 months even if it is a i 485 based on the lottery. i told him that i went to nyc office and they told me that my file was there. then he started saying louder that my file stills in the missouri and asking me if i have another question. i do not know what to think anymore. i will be waiting for my infopass.

I'm in the same situation but I'm 100% sure that my file is at the local office (Miami) because I was there for an Infopass and I saw it on the hands of one officer and she told me "everything is here, just wait for the appointment" :mad:.
Can't understand why the case is at Missouri if the file is here and I don't see this office as a very busy office since they moved to a new location.
I just hope that the new situation with all the Haitian refugees doesn't push my file back because most of their processing will be here in Miami.

p.d.: Don't forget to donate !!

Hi Daima,

I'm working on reorganizing my documents and I was wondering if there was any chance you could look it up somehow whether this was in fact the order you guys sent your documents in. I'd really appreciate it.

ooh ok, will let you know this evening when I get home, if it's not too late.

I thought you would sent original proof of your HS diploma. A transcript can also be a copy since officially the transcript is only original if it is in a sealed enveloppe coming from the school. So you can either sent it if you don't mind (sometimes you have to pay for an additional one at a school) or sent a copy and take originals with you for the interview.

My school could only provide official transcript therefore I don't have a copy to send them. I guess I have to send the original. :)

I thought you would sent original proof of your HS diploma. A transcript can also be a copy since officially the transcript is only original if it is in a sealed enveloppe coming from the school. So you can either sent it if you don't mind (sometimes you have to pay for an additional one at a school) or sent a copy and take originals with you for the interview.

Hi guyz!
Am new in this forum. I wish i could see it early!!!Am DV2010 winner,current on F1. My CN2010AF00016XXX become current dec. Nice to meet you here guyz!!