• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi bentlebee!
congrats for the interview letter to your friend. the waiting is nearly through!all the best

Congratulations Bentlebee .Hey guys, I have a good news for ya all. MY INTERVIEW LETTER CAME . I saw it today in the mail. I have an appointment for March 15th. The paper they sent me is 2 pages. On the first one it is written DV in red between US citizenship and Department of Homeland security letterhead. After that it tells me where, when and at what time, ask for immigration service officer, reason: adjustment of status, bring with you see attached
Next page
everything we know they ask for it even the I 134. However, they aked me " Furnish proff of eligibility for section 245(i)(properly filed and accepted I-130/I-140 or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001 and proof of physical presence in the United States on Decembre21,2009). What does it mean? What is that section 245(i)? Happy however to have my interview letter.

Congratulations Bentlebee .Hey guys, I have a good news for ya all. MY INTERVIEW LETTER CAME . I saw it today in the mail. I have an appointment for March 15th. The paper they sent me is 2 pages. On the first one it is written DV in red between US citizenship and Department of Homeland security letterhead. After that it tells me where, when and at what time, ask for immigration service officer, reason: adjustment of status, bring with you see attached
Next page
everything we know they ask for it even the I 134. However, they aked me " Furnish proff of eligibility for section 245(i)(properly filed and accepted I-130/I-140 or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001 and proof of physical presence in the United States on Decembre21,2009). What does it mean? What is that section 245(i)? Happy however to have my interview letter.

Hello zapatos, this is great news! I am so happy for you. Excellent news indeed.

I don't think that 245(i) applies on your case, nor I-130 (Family Based) or I-140 (Employment Based). That might be a standard form that they send.

Best of luck, the wait is almost over!!!!!

Good luck Tk2010 in your interview tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly with your interview. Please, keep us posted when you can.

Best of luck!

Next page

Yaay, fianally! Congrats, happy for you!

Thanks guys. No I do not think that it is a standard interview letter because they ask me:
1. furnish original proof of the paid required fee of $375 to the department of State
2. Furnish an original certified copy of your birth, mariage and divorce certificate if applicable
3. If you have been arrested, provide the related Police Report and the original..........
4. Provide the original award letter from the department of State, Kentucky Consular Center
5. Furnish proof of eligibility for section 245(i).............................................
6. Please furnish the following originals to complete the eligibility requirement for your 2008 Diversity Lottery Application:
a. Proof that you have a high school diploma equivalent to 12th year of education in the United States
b. A qualifying job that you have performed ...............................................
7.Furnish an affidavit of support, Form I 134................................
8.Furnish proof of legal status in the united States

Good luck Tk2010 in your interview tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly with your interview. Please, keep us posted when you can.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much i2009 for the wishes.I hope the same way too!I'II let you know the result.

Good luck for tomorrow TK2010. I am confident that it is going to be alright.:D

Thank you so much zapatos. Congrats for receiving your interview letter today. I cant imagine how happy you feel right now!once again congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

My interview letter is just too general, just asked to bring:
1)all the orginal documents,
2) passport and I-94,
3)all the receipt received form USCIS and
4)the list of all the trips outside USA.
It say nothing about DV anyway!

My interview letter is just too general, just asked to bring:
1)all the orginal documents,
2) passport and I-94,
3)all the receipt received form USCIS and
4)the list of all the trips outside USA.
It say nothing about DV anyway!

Mine is too general too..They mention I-864 which is kind of irrelevant to DV cases. They also mention marriage documents etc although i am single..

Oh and congratulations Zapatos, so happy to hear that you got your letter finally!

Zapatos, congratulations for your interview letter, the wait is over for you ! As for the list of the required documents for interview, it is obviously a general and standard letter sent to all cases of AOS ,mine is the same. As I know, I think for big and busy field offices like yours and mine, the letter is general and standard.

Good luck for your interview and for all other people still waiting for interview letter

Next page

What are your 2 first digits for your case #...don't show the last 3 but you can post if it is EU00011xxx or something like that...

My friend call USCIS today about her 2 letters about the interview date and they told her just to show up and bring anything...if they would request a new one with the info on the back it might result in a new interview date and being postponed...

it also mentioned I-864....which she won't bring...she has enough funding so that couldn't be an issue at all but just in case she has a I-134 with her papers...

Hi guyz!!
I had my interview this morning at 8:20. I get there early like 15mns before scheduled time!I went through the security thing then i was told to place the apptmnt letter in the apptment box. I wait like 10mnts the certain lady called my name, i followed her in the office. She introduced her name to me and she told me she is IO and is going to interview me. She asked me to take an oath that i will speak the truth, then she offer me a sit. She asked about my passport ,DL, EAD,I-20 and NLI. She was having my file with the documents i sent to Chicago on her table. Then she asked the questions in form I-485 part 3, such as my name, address,DOB,parents names, last entry....etc. She also asked all Have you ever QNS!!!Finally she told me everything looks fine to her. Then she told me to wait as is going see the available visa for me!Then she came back and told me my visa # is available and she has to approve my case. She told me i will receive the GC in couple of weeks to come.She insisted me to make sure that my name is clearly written in the mail box at home so that the card to reach me without delay. she didnt stamp my passport even she didnt take I-94. I was not asked about affidavit of support.The Officer was so kind and friendly. For those who are waiting for the interview and those who are waiting to receive GC like me I WISH YOU GOODLUCKY.

Hi guyz!!
I had my interview this morning at 8:20. I get there early like 15mns before scheduled time!I went through the security thing then i was told to place the apptmnt letter in the apptment box. I wait like 10mnts the certain lady called my name, i followed her in the office. She introduced her name to me and she told me she is IO and is going to interview me. She asked me to take an oath that i will speak the truth, then she offer me a sit. She asked about my passport ,DL, EAD,I-20 and NLI. She was having my file with the documents i sent to Chicago on her table. Then she asked the questions in form I-485 part 3, such as my name, address,DOB,parents names, last entry....etc. She also asked all Have you ever QNS!!!Finally she told me everything looks fine to her. Then she told me to wait as is going see the available visa for me!Then she came back and told me my visa # is available and she has to approve my case. She told me i will receive the GC in couple of weeks to come.She insisted me to make sure that my name is clearly written in the mail box at home so that the card to reach me without delay. she didnt stamp my passport even she didnt take I-94. I was not asked about affidavit of support.The Officer was so kind and friendly. For those who are waiting for the interview and those who are waiting to receive GC like me I WISH YOU GOODLUCKY.

Awesome!!!! Very happy for you. Excellent interview. Now you really can say that the wait is over. Thanks for sharing your experience and for the good wishes.