• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

yes you right.......i forword to my sister that.......because she is in boston too CCS3840 yea.
My sister is waiting to see the IJ ......the case now on thier hand we not expect it going be negative but TIME TIME TIME..................................She still need to sent her package to chicago like any body ............wating for fingerprint ...........waiting for interviw . all those process

Let's hope for the best, keep us posted and wish your sister good luck.

Congratulations VZLA, what a relief!

As for my interview: It went pretty much similar to VZLA's. No more than 10 minutes. Needed to show just the I-D and passport. Needed to confirm the answers to the questions on I-485 form. But unlike from VZLA's case, the IO that interviewed me did not confirm that a visa is available for me and she did not approve my case yet. She said that she needs to check in the afternoon whether a visa is available to me or not. She also added that my application/file looks good to her; so if a visa is available she will grant it to me. I asked her whether i can contact her in the afternoon or not. She said no and said that she would let me know via mail if a visa is not available; otherwise i should get my gc within 2 to 4 weeks. She said that the reason she doesnt check/confirm now is that she is very busy. But anyhow, i know that a visa will be available since this is a DV case. So i am not worried...but would have been really great if she confirmed right there and then...

Good luck to all the rest. I will keep you updated. Thanks to all!!

Congratulations cm1979. That's great news. A visa is available for you, they don't get to use all the 50K DV visas available in the Fiscal Year so be sure that you'll get your GC pretty soon. Very happy for all of you guys!

As for my interview: It went pretty much similar to VZLA's. No more than 10 minutes. Needed to show just the I-D and passport. Needed to confirm the answers to the questions on I-485 form. But unlike from VZLA's case, the IO that interviewed me did not confirm that a visa is available for me and she did not approve my case yet. She said that she needs to check in the afternoon whether a visa is available to me or not. She also added that my application/file looks good to her; so if a visa is available she will grant it to me. I asked her whether i can contact her in the afternoon or not. She said no and said that she would let me know via mail if a visa is not available; otherwise i should get my gc within 2 to 4 weeks. She said that the reason she doesnt check/confirm now is that she is very busy. But anyhow, i know that a visa will be available since this is a DV case. So i am not worried...but would have been really great if she confirmed right there and then...

Congratulations cm1979,you dont even have to worry your case will be approved for sure. just be positive.

Congratulations cm1979. I am sure you will have the GC with in two weeks. Just relax and take some nice deep breaths. Your interview was successful and the results are in your favor. Good luck to everyone who are still on this journey.

Hi everybody,

I'm so glad that I found this forum and can join it.

I will tell you my case)

I decide to do AOS, so I sent DV fee on Jan, 19 with usps Priority Mail, they said it would take 2-3 days to deliver. So I started tracking my mail, but there was no information, and the check wasn't cashed, after a week I decided to sent my application for AOS to USCIS in Chicago, with hope that the DOS got my check, just there is no confirmation for that. so USCIS got yesterday my application (according to tracking number) and also I check tracking number for DV fee, and today it showed that it is just delivered to Missouri today (Jan 29). It meams that USCIS have got my application before DOS got my check. But in the end of 2009 I got 2nd letter from KCC about transferring my case to USCIS.
Does it mean that USCIS reject my application because the money wasn't still payed to DOS?
Does anybody have the same situation?
Please, give me some advice, what should I expect?

Thanks in advance)

Hi everybody,

I'm so glad that I found this forum and can join it.

I will tell you my case)

I decide to do AOS, so I sent DV fee on Jan, 19 with usps Priority Mail, they said it would take 2-3 days to deliver. So I started tracking my mail, but there was no information, and the check wasn't cashed, after a week I decided to sent my application for AOS to USCIS in Chicago, with hope that the DOS got my check, just there is no confirmation for that. so USCIS got yesterday my application (according to tracking number) and also I check tracking number for DV fee, and today it showed that it is just delivered to Missouri today (Jan 29). It meams that USCIS have got my application before DOS got my check. But in the end of 2009 I got 2nd letter from KCC about transferring my case to USCIS.
Does it mean that USCIS reject my application because the money wasn't still payed to DOS?
Does anybody have the same situation?

I reread your message several times in order to understand. You have to clarify a few things:

1. Give us an idea of what your CN is, you can add a signature like everybody in the thread, so that we know whether you are current or not.
2. Did you mean to ask if USCIS "will" reject your application or has it been rejected? a bit confusing

You needed to send a copy of the DOS receipt with your AOS application, so that USCIS knows that you paid for it. It may or may not be a big deal, best case scenario they'll ask you to bring it to the interview, worst case, they'll send back your package and you'll have to resubmit. So you just have to wait.

You received the second NL because you sent back your DS-230 form and indicated you wanted to do AOS, that doesn't have anything to do with the fee. AND your file will be sent to your local USCIS office only when requested, it's not automatically done.

Hey, I would like to let you guys know about my interview on 25th Monday. It sounds very similar to sotry of user cm1979. The IO reviewed my documents ( I20, Driver's licese, took a copy of my DV letter, passport, she did not see my original Birth cert, education and tax returns)and she told me everything looks fine. She said she will process it in the afternoon. She also told me she will order my GC when a visa is available. I am confused about how the system works. Isn't it when our case number is current, visa will be available to the DV winner?
I asked her about whether she wants to stamp my passport and take my I94 and she refused. She said she will only do that if she is 100% sure if she can successfully order my visa. She asked me to keep my I94 as it is very important card. I was disappointed at first. I do not know why some people who went interview had instant confirmation that a visa is available for them...

I signed up for the USCIS case update on USCIS website and until today there's no new update. I would like to ask those who got their GC. How soon do you receive your CPO for GC after your interview... Now there's no update really worries me. I want to know whether she successfully order a card for me.... I am so worried now.

Hey, I would like to let you guys know about my interview on 25th Monday. It sounds very similar to sotry of user cm1979. The IO reviewed my documents ( I20, Driver's licese, took a copy of my DV letter, passport, she did not see my original Birth cert, education and tax returns)and she told me everything looks fine. She said she will process it in the afternoon. She also told me she will order my GC when a visa is available. I am confused about how the system works. Isn't it when our case number is current, visa will be available to the DV winner?
I asked her about whether she wants to stamp my passport and take my I94 and she refused. She said she will only do that if she is 100% sure if she can successfully order my visa. She asked me to keep my I94 as it is very important card. I was disappointed at first. I do not know why some people who went interview had instant confirmation that a visa is available for them...

I signed up for the USCIS case update on USCIS website and until today there's no new update. I would like to ask those who got their GC. How soon do you receive your CPO for GC after your interview... Now there's no update really worries me. I want to know whether she successfully order a card for me.... I am so worried now.

Hello drake,

Congratulations for your interview. I understand that the Immigration Officers request a visa allotment for adjustment of status when the case is ready for approval. Don't worry, there is nothing to think that there are no more DV visas available.

As per the case status. I think it is better to consult an oracle. Seriously, I don't think they care much on updating the online status.

Good luck!

I got my interview notice!!!

I finally got my interview appointment for Feb/25. I am so happy, I still cannot believe it!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the support and I keep my fingers crossed for all of us.

Thank you guys

I finally got my interview appointment for Feb/25. I am so happy, I still cannot believe it!!!!

Thank you guys

Excellent!!yees!yees!you have to believe now after so long waiting!congratulations a million times for your interview letter.

Thank you guys

Congrats i2009 !!!!

That is gr8. i hope mine and everybody's how is waiting will come soon too.

Thank you guys

Wow congrats you must be jumping up and down the whole day....what a relief:)

Thank u, Daima for your reply, and sorry for such ton of words)

my case number is 2010EU00016xxx it is current now
i asked if USCIS will reject my application if it has been sent before I paid to DOS $375.00??