• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thank you so much Blue...but, I still cant find the passage where it is written who falls in to special class...it always referrs to "an i-485 supplement form ... to see if you need to obtain and submit police clearance"...
I mean it must be written, clearly stated in some passage or sentence who has and who has not to submit police clearance...? I cannot find those sentence.:confused:

Hi Thomen,

I think I know what it is now. The I485 form is used for adustment of status not only for DV winners but for other categories as well. I think the instructions on the I-485 form covers everyone. So some things would not apply to you depending on what category you are filling DV under. There are several I-485 supplement forms on the USCIS forms website that address person in special classes. These persons (address in each supplement form) would have to submit an I485 supplement in addition to the I485 form. Unless you were arrested or had some criminial history I do not belive the police certificate would apply to you. So for AOS under DV category the police certificate is not required. I spoke to several people on the 2009 DV forum and they said it's not required and were not asked for it. Hope that clarifies your question. You could always call USCIS for more clarification.

Hello people.

I sent DSP 122 and pictures to KCC last month. They told not to pay any fees yet, since they are non-refundible and wait until my number becomes current.
I see that a lot of you have already paid various fees.
Honestly I am so confused about this, I don't even know where to start and what to do.
Would appreciate any advices.
Thanks.

Hello Ahad,

First I should ask you to clarify the fees to which you are referring. Since you are on the Adjustment of Status (AOS) forum. I'm assuming that you are filing AOS not CP (Consular Processing).

If you are filing AOS, a DV fee is required that must be paid before the time of your interview. The reciept of this payment must be presented at the time of the interview and/or included in your AOS package. This fee is $375 for each person on your application. Instructions on how to pay this is included in your notification package.

As for the timing of this payment. Since it is non refundable, some people choose to wait until they get the 2nd notification letter from KCC that indicates receipt of your application (DSP 122) with acknowldgement of your decision to do AOS, before making the payment. The second letter would also prompt you to pay the DV $375 fee. DV 2010 starts in October 2009. I highyly recommend not waiting until your number is current to pay this $375 fee, since you will have to wait for the receipt of proof of payment to be mailed back to you before you could mail your application for AOS with proof of payment. So you could pay the DV fee at anytime before you send your application to USCIS, provided you allowed enough time to recieve the reciept of payment to include in your application.

You do however have to wait until your number is current to file your AOS application. With this application there is another fee total $1010 for the I485 application ($930) and biometrics($80). This must be included in your AOS application.

You could estimate when your number would become current by looking at the visa bulletin of previous years. This would give you an idea as to when you should file your AOS package.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Blue

thanks for every contributing to the puzzle with filing the AOS right...I have gained valuable information here!!!!
However, I do need also some confirmed info from USCIS and do not want to receive information verbally via phone without record of it...so, does anyone knows an USCIS email address where questions can be send to...?

thanks for every contributing to the puzzle with filing the AOS right...I have gained valuable information here!!!!
However, I do need also some confirmed info from USCIS and do not want to receive information verbally via phone without record of it...so, does anyone knows an USCIS email address where questions can be send to...?

USCIS works different than KCC. You can try to call them but they aren't as friendly as KCC, probable because they have way more cases on their hands. Your best bet is to make an appointment and ask in person. My friend did and we went over there and were out in less than a minute when it was her turn...they said nothing will be done before the Oct. 1st, 2010 date due to the fact that this DV lotery is for that fiscal yr.

I sent my DSP 122 and barcode sheet to KCC on May 16th. Then I sent the DV form and the fee to the DoS on July 3rd. Never recieved any confirmation or anything from either of them yet. Should I start getting worried?

Seriously nobody is experiencing any delays? I called the DoS and they are telling me I would recieve something in a fews days and this was a week ago. Only my stuff gets delayed?

fees

hi guys
my dad got selected and isent all his Docs to kcc i live in CA and have given my add to them for communication which they said is fine but my Q is that how should i pay for them and when?in my country there is no US embassy so he should be going to one of the neighboring countries i was wondering if he has to pay at the embassy or what?and my other q is that is my mom gonna be in the interview too since she will be his dependant?

thanks a lot

Thank you for your insightful advices bentlbee and bluet41.

When we called last month, we were told that they received our form, but we never got that letter which prompts us to pay the DV fee. What should we do? Should we call and ask? It is kind of getting late and we have not received any letters from KCC.

Our number is 18 thousand somethin from EU, is it a big number for AOS?

We had a baby in April, here in the US. I told, on the phone, this to the KCC staff and asked whether or not I should include her. But, on the other hand it does not make sense, since she already has the right to become a US citizen based on birth. What do you think about this?

Thank you!

But, on the other hand it does not make sense, since she already has the right to become a US citizen based on birth.

Been there, saw this :) Your kid not only has a right, your kid is already a citizen. Therefore the child doesn't need a green card.

I have a question as well: As i stated before i am currently an H1b visa holder and already applied for GC through the company i work. It is in the I-140 stage now. Since it is EB-3 based, i have to wait for a long time for my number to be current. Hence i will do AOS based on DV lottery. My question is: Do i have to inform the attorneys that were doing my GC application thru the company. I was thinking i dont even need to bother and go ahead and do my AOS when my number gets current. But still wanted to ask this here just in case. Thanks in advance.

I have a question for those who currently have pending AOS and want to file a new I-485 under the DV2010.

I went to speak with an Immigration Officer at my local USCIS Office and she assures me that I need to withdraw my current AOS (EB3) before I could file a new I-485.

My problem is that my wife's status is AOS and I understand that she will lose her status as soon as my current AOS is dropped.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

Hello!

First of all, thanks to all for keeping this website up. It is a great help, especially for people who want to apply without a lawyer.

I am a DV2010 winner, EU24xxx.
My husband and I, we decided to apply for adjustment of status (we are both in the US on an F-1 visa).

Could somebody help me with the following questions:
what documents from the initial package do I need to send back to KCC?

what documents from the initial package does my husband need to send back to KCC?

Thanks a lot for your input!

Aos

Hi,
I'm a 2009 winner and i have real experience of this and like to help people. I applied with help of a lawyer so info from me is correct.
you do not need to send anything to KCC, you must file an adjustment of status (form I-485) with the Chicago office. you must contact your local office to see if you are eligible(which you are). I'm an F-1 holder too. you can not apply until your number is current, other wise your case will be denied. Let me know if you need more help

Hello!

First of all, thanks to all for keeping this website up. It is a great help, especially for people who want to apply without a lawyer.

I am a DV2010 winner, EU24xxx.
My husband and I, we decided to apply for adjustment of status (we are both in the US on an F-1 visa).

Could somebody help me with the following questions:
what documents from the initial package do I need to send back to KCC?

what documents from the initial package does my husband need to send back to KCC?

Thanks a lot for your input!

You need to send only DSP122 and the barcode to KCC. You will indicate "BCIS" in the DSP 122; so that they will know you are doing AOS. They will send you a notification letter confirming that you are doing AOS.

Good luck!

I started filling the I-485 form - i have few questions:

- Part 2. Application type - do we check the first item (a. "An immigrant petition giving......"
-I am an H1b visa worker - do i have an alien number? I checked the I-94, there is an I-94 number and a receipt number, but didint see an alien number.
-My understanding is that we also need to fill G-325A form (biography). There are no other forms that we need to fill (except for the medical form that the doctor will fill). They are not asking anywhere for passport copy, i-94 copy , birth certificate etc. Am i missing something? Dont we need to include any of these? Is AOS package just the I-485, G325A, medical form along with the payment?And also notice letter from KCC and receipt of DV fee.

Thanks in advance.

I started filling the I-485 form - i have few questions:

- Part 2. Application type - do we check the first item (a. "An immigrant petition giving......"
-I am an H1b visa worker - do i have an alien number? I checked the I-94, there is an I-94 number and a receipt number, but didint see an alien number.
-My understanding is that we also need to fill G-325A form (biography). There are no other forms that we need to fill (except for the medical form that the doctor will fill). They are not asking anywhere for passport copy, i-94 copy , birth certificate etc. Am i missing something? Dont we need to include any of these? Is AOS package just the I-485, G325A, medical form along with the payment?And also notice letter from KCC and receipt of DV fee.

Thanks in advance.

Part 2--Application type---I think you select H (Other) then you write 2010 DV SELECTEE or something along those lines ( Read 2009 AOS thread)

Read the I485 instructions carefully, there's a list of all the supporting documents you need including copy of passport, I-94, past EAD (if any), birth certificate etc.

I-765

Hi,

I am preparing my AOS package and I have a question. I am on H1B until september 2, 2010. Do I need to apply for I-765 Employment Authorization?

And secondly, If I do need to file I-765 what eligibility category I should enter in the question 16?

Thanks

Hi All,

I completed my medical check up requirement for AOS through DV 2010 -- all clear and healthy. The doctor gave me a sealed envelope with the I-693 form and examination and vaccination record, which I will send along with the AOS Package at the time of AOS application. Next, start filling the remaining forms and collect all other pertinent information for the AOS Packet.

Have a good day all!

JLaw

Hi,

I am preparing my AOS package and I have a question. I am on H1B until september 2, 2010. Do I need to apply for I-765 Employment Authorization?

And secondly, If I do need to file I-765 what eligibility category I should enter in the question 16?

Thanks

I think it depends on when your case number will be current. Anyway, I think that applying for EAD is not a bad idea as it gives you a backup in case you want/need to change your job before you get your GC.

Answer for question 16 is (c) (9) () as you are an Adjustment Applicant.

Hello all,
I just received my 2nd letter from KCC.
I am in the process of finding a surgeon for the INS Physical ( the medical examination). I called a couple of places and they said that it could range from anywhere between 200-600 dollars...

I had this question about the alien number. Where can you find your alien number?

CN: 2010AS00004xxx
05/11/2009: Received my first NL dated 05/05/2009
06/23/2009: Mailed DSP122 and DS 230.
07/09/2009: Called KCC. Confirmed they received my forms on 07/06/2009.
07/25/2009: Mailed $375x2 (for me and my spouse) to the US Department of State.
08/07/2009: Received 2nd notification letter from KCC.

Hello all,
I just received my 2nd letter from KCC.
I am in the process of finding a surgeon for the INS Physical ( the medical examination). I called a couple of places and they said that it could range from anywhere between 200-600 dollars...

I had this question about the alien number. Where can you find your alien number?

CN: 2010AS00004xxx
05/11/2009: Received my first NL dated 05/05/2009
06/23/2009: Mailed DSP122 and DS 230.
07/09/2009: Called KCC. Confirmed they received my forms on 07/06/2009.
07/25/2009: Mailed $375x2 (for me and my spouse) to the US Department of State.
08/07/2009: Received 2nd notification letter from KCC.

An Alient Number (aka A#) is assigned when you submit your AOS to the USCIS. After entering your case to their system, the USCIS will mail you back a Notice of Action (NoA or NOA) with the A# on it.