• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi,

I received my package for DV2010 some time by the beginning of July and thought the best thing would to go with a lawyer. I live and work in New Jersey for 4 years now, therefore lawyer told me to go with the AOS but said I should wait till OCTOBER 1 2009 and then send the form to KCC. My cn# is EU00000XXX. And because of what he said I still did not send anything , and also will be going for a vacation returning on OCT 5.

So, I am planing to send DSP122 + DS230 and also the AOS forms and fees same time after OCT 5 .

Am I late for anything ? :confused:

Thank you for your response

It looks like lawyers don't know much about DV. I have read some forums and I found that some people have had bad experiences following their lawyers suggestions.

Your CN will be current in October. It means that you got to wait till October to submit your AOS application to the CIS. That's different than sending the DSP122 and DS230 to the KCC.

My suggestion to you is to call KCC right away and check if it is a problem to send the documentation by October 5th. In my opinion, it is not too late but it might delay your process a little bit.

Hi JLaw,

Is your case number current in October? It seems that we have similar case numbers but my cn will be current in November :(

Good luck to all

Hi i2009 -- I am not sure. How do you know this as a fact, can you tell me where you looked?

Thanks.

Jlaw

Hi guys,

We are getting close to our turn. The Sept/October Visa Bulletin is out. Looks like the numbers are starting quite high. All the best to those who are going to be current in October. From the Bulletin looks like we'll be current in November.

Start posting up your prep and progress guys.

Again, All the Best to All!

Daima -- The current bulletin (as of Aug 2009) is for DV2009 applicants. I think you will have to refer to Sept 2009's bulletin (which will show you the new limits for the start of the fiscal year and for the DV2010 applicants) to confirm your position.

I am a bit confused regarding EAD application. Based on what i read, people who submitted I-765 got their EAD cards few months before they receive green cards. What is the point of applying for EAD? Dont we have right to work as soon as we get our GCs? If so; is the advantage of EAD just to be able to work few months earlier? I am also on H1b and trying to figure out if applying for EAD is necessary or not.

Thanks.

Do it (it is at no extra cost, only the effort of filling out an extra form. Oh, and do the advance parole form too). I am on exactly the same situation as you are: H1B, AOS.

address of Chicago Lockbox

Hi everybody,

Happywinner of DV2010 from Europe, yeeehhhh !!! , I am preparing the AOS package to be sent out for the 1/October ( number is low). The address of the Chicago Lockbox :
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago,IL 60680-4120

Is that correct, anybody can confirm it please ?

Yes it is correct. My friend has everything ready to be sent but is going to sent it next week since her number will become current in the next round....hopefully:)

bentlebee,

Even the number is low, I thought the earliest date you can send out the AOS package is the October/1 otherwise they will reject your petition , is that correct ?

Daima -- The current bulletin (as of Aug 2009) is for DV2009 applicants. I think you will have to refer to Sept 2009's bulletin (which will show you the new limits for the start of the fiscal year and for the DV2010 applicants) to confirm your position.

Hi jlaw,

If you look below the September cut off table, you'll see that there's an advanced notice for October, which applies for Dv2010 winners. They always give advanced notice, so for example in September, they'll release the October and advanced notice for November, that's why I was able to tell that I'll be current in November. As you can see some people with very low CNs are already getting ready to send their AOS because they know they'll be current in October.

Hi i2009 -- I am not sure. How do you know this as a fact, can you tell me where you looked?

Thanks.

Jlaw

jlaw,

Looks like you'll be current in October since your number is 4xx, and cut of for SA is 450. So get ready.

All the best

Hi you all, is it correct that the low number (mine is DV2010EUxxxx4xx) can already send out their Aos package from now ? indeed, I saw the cut-off number on the visa bulletin of september 2009 , but thought that the windows to file is october/1 and september/30.not earlier... somebody can confirm one more time that I can send the package before the october/1 ?

Please,do not blame me for being repeating, but want to make sure

Thanks.

Jlaw

Hello jlaw,

I see your case is South America and in the range of 4XX. According to the latest visa bulletin (travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4558.html), the cut-off number for South America for October/09 will be 450. So, if your cn is under 450 you'll be current in October, otherwise your cn will be current in November. Does it make sense?

Hi everybody,

Happywinner of DV2010 from Europe, yeeehhhh !!! , I am preparing the AOS package to be sent out for the 1/October ( number is low). The address of the Chicago Lockbox :
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago,IL 60680-4120

Is that correct, anybody can confirm it please ?

If you are sending your package using US Postal Service (USPS), then the address is:

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

If you are sending your package using UPS, Fedex, or another courier:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

Hi jlaw,

If you look below the September cut off table, you'll see that there's an advanced notice for October, which applies for Dv2010 winners. They always give advanced notice, so for example in September, they'll release the October and advanced notice for November, that's why I was able to tell that I'll be current in November. As you can see some people with very low CNs are already getting ready to send their AOS because they know they'll be current in October.

Daima,

If you are reffering to item F:"The following is the statistical breakdown by foreign-state chargeability of those registered for the DV-2010 program", this is a breakdown of how many have registered, ie, the number of applicants that have proceeded to get a 2nd notification letter. It doesn't tell me when my cut-off. The next visa bulletin (Sept 09) will tell you if you are below the cut-off for October (the beginning of fiscal year). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi you all, is it correct that the low number (mine is DV2010EUxxxx4xx) can already send out their Aos package from now ? indeed, I saw the cut-off number on the visa bulletin of september 2009 , but thought that the windows to file is october/1 and september/30.not earlier... somebody can confirm one more time that I can send the package before the october/1 ?

Please,do not blame me for being repeating, but want to make sure

The INS issued a bulletin stating that it will accept DV adjustment of status applications 90 days in advance. In that way, INS can begin processing the required security clearance background checks, as well as scheduling interviews. Cases will not be approved until ones cut-off date is current.

But it seems that the procedure is not clear to all the officers or that it is not valid any longer.

There have been some discussions in the 2008 and 2009 forums regarding when to submit the AOS package to the USCIS. Some people submitted their package before their cn were current and were lucky that their cases were accepted. Other people claim that their cases were rejected after a couple of months from the date that their case numbers where current.

In my case, I think that I will wait until my case number is current. My cn is low so I don't need to risk and send everything early (I hope).

Daima,

If you are reffering to item F:"The following is the statistical breakdown by foreign-state chargeability of those registered for the DV-2010 program", this is a breakdown of how many have registered, ie, the number of applicants that have proceeded to get a 2nd notification letter. It doesn't tell me when my cut-off. The next visa bulletin (Sept 09) will tell you if you are below the cut-off for October (the beginning of fiscal year). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Jaime

Daima -- I was looking at August 09 Bulletin. I now see what you saw in the September 09 bulltin. Thanks!

Daima,

Thanks,

Jaime

jlaw,

Check the latest Visa Bulletin for September 2009.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4558.html

Go to:

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

Below that title you'll find the cut-off numbers for October/2009 which is the beginning of the Fiscal Year 2010 (FY2010). The numbers are by region.

Hello jlaw,

I see your case is South America and in the range of 4XX. According to the latest visa bulletin (travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4558.html), the cut-off number for South America for October/09 will be 450. So, if your cn is under 450 you'll be current in October, otherwise your cn will be current in November. Does it make sense?

Thanks. I was looking at the August 09 Bulletin. I missed the October cut-off by a hair!

The INS issued a bulletin stating that it will accept DV adjustment of status applications 90 days in advance. In that way, INS can begin processing the required security clearance background checks, as well as scheduling interviews. Cases will not be approved until ones cut-off date is current.

But it seems that the procedure is not clear to all the officers or that it is not valid any longer.

There have been some discussions in the 2008 and 2009 forums regarding when to submit the AOS package to the USCIS. Some people submitted their package before their cn were current and were lucky that their cases were accepted. Other people claim that their cases were rejected after a couple of months from the date that their case numbers where current.

In my case, I think that I will wait until my case number is current. My cn is low so I don't need to risk and send everything early (I hope).

Thanks i2009,
So when do you plan to send your package ? on october/1 ?

Jlaw, your CN is low like me, when do you intend to sent out your package ? me . I need to do Medical Exam ...have to wait...

Hello happy2010,

My case number will be current in November 2009. I am planning on sending my AOS package the first working day of November.