• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

My friends case number will be current in November and she will sent the package next week. Cerified but by regular USPS so it will take days to get there and by than a few days later a new bulletin comes out and her number probably will be current. Looking at some other peoples dates it should be safe to do so.

Some people who haven't done their medeical have to realize if they are a woman between 12 and 26, they have to get the HPV vaccin and if they haven't gotten it, it will take 7 months to get all the vaccin's to be eligible to get through the GC process. According to the civil surgeon the case can still be pending while taken the vaccin, but you never know if the September 30th date has come what they will decide....So start your medical papers a.s.a.p if you haven't gotten proof of your vacinations.

Filing EAD along with AOS

Hi everybody,

I want to file an EAD along with my AOS petition. I am currently on F1 visa and have actually an EAD to work on campus of my school (I have a SS card). In section 16 of the I-765 form, should I put "C9" or somethimg else ?

Thanks for all your reply.

Hi everybody,

I want to file an EAD along with my AOS petition. I am currently on F1 visa and have actually an EAD to work on campus of my school (I have a SS card). In section 16 of the I-765 form, should I put "C9" or somethimg else ?

Thanks for all your reply.

Yes, our case is (c)(9) for Adjustment Applicant.

Thanks i2009 ! BTW, have you finished all your paperwork ? fill out all the forms ?

I filled the forms G-325A, I-485, I-131, and I-765 for my wife, daughter, and myself. I also have most of the supporting documents. I will have my medical exam at the end of September. I am getting a little anxious even though I have to wait until November to mail my AOS petition.

What about you, will your cn be current in October? when are you planning on sending your AOS package?

I filled the forms G-325A, I-485, I-131, and I-765 for my wife, daughter, and myself. I also have most of the supporting documents. I will have my medical exam at the end of September. I am getting a little anxious even though I have to wait until November to mail my AOS petition.

What about you, will your cn be current in October? when are you planning on sending your AOS package?

As for me, I have finished to fill out all the forms and gather all the supporting documents, I had medical exam today and will have the results next week. My CN is current and published in the september visa bulletin.But , I am confusing, do not know if I can send the package out now or wait for october/1 (???) . the advice on this forum is so different and contradictory.... so ?

You can sent it when your number is current and some people have send it even before.
My friends number will be current in November and she is planning on sending it next week. She has all papers ready and the medical has be done...since it will take a few days to get there or you have to pay extra for faster delivery, she chooses to send it by regular certified mail and sent it a couple of days earlier...normally it takes up to 4 days to get there...

Remember there are some Holidays coming up...Labor Day, etc...

You guys are among the early filers so you do have plenty of time to get your case approved. Why risk sending it early? And even if USCIS does not reject your file, you won't get an interview until your number is current, otherwise, what is the point of having the cases numbered!!!

You guys are among the early filers so you do have plenty of time to get your case approved. Why risk sending it early? And even if USCIS does not reject your file, you won't get an interview until your number is current, otherwise, what is the point of having the cases numbered!!!

I agree with Imados, I would not send my AOS package until my CN is current. I have heard a lot of successful stories but also I have heard some not so good so I don't want to risk it but that's my opinion.

Good luck to everyone

Hi all folks,

I have a question on the documents of the package : I saw the list from some folks and there is " copy of High School Degree and leaving certificate"
What is a leaving certificate exactly ?

Good luck to all of us !!

infos on the form

Hi all,

I have some doubt on filing of the:
- form G-325A : at the bottom : "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:" , I should cross "Status a Permanent Resident" ==> is that correct ?

documents in the package

As being on F1 student status, do I need to send along with the AOS package a college certificate ?

Hi all,

I have some doubt on filing of the:
- form G-325A : at the bottom : "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:" , I should cross "Status a Permanent Resident" ==> is that correct ?

Hello happy2010,

Yes, select "Status as Permanent Resident" in the "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:" box.

Question about the letter regarding to AOS

Hi

I have unwanted case that AOS application was returned.
I was looking at this forum in Jun, I never find any discussion about DV-2010.
After my case rejected, thanksfully I found this discussion here.

I never had the letter that AOS will handle the case.
Q1) Where this letter come from? Is this from KCC or DOS?
Q2) Do I have to send I-485 after I receive this letter says AOS will handle the case?
Q3) When can I send my package I-485 to Chicago again?
I checked VISA bulletin and it looked like that my case is open in October ( Europe 9100). Is this right way to check my case is current or open?

I will appreciate your answer.

The mistake I had is that I didn't send check DOS and didn't send letter and barcode to KCC. The reason why I didn't send is because local USCIS in Tucson told me to send I-485 application to Chicago as soon as possible and don't need to do anything to KCC. I was confused becasue the notice package doesn't explain what to do for the case that people live in U.S. already and I trusted what local USCIS told me to do.

My application arrived in July 30 in Chicago and it is returned to me 8/24/09.
I hope I am not too late even though I need to do it all over again.

I sent DS122 to KCC 8/25/2009 and arrived 8/26/2009
I sent check to DOS 8/25/2009 and arrived 8/26/2009
I am waiting letter from KCC and receipt from DOS.
I think I am supposed to wait the letter says AOS will handle the case...

Hello happy2010,

Yes, select "Status as Permanent Resident" in the "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:" box.

Hi i2009,

Thanks for your reply which is a great help.So nice to feel that you can get answer anytime on this site !:)

Hi

I have unwanted case that AOS application was returned.
I was looking at this forum in Jun, I never find any discussion about DV-2010.
After my case rejected, thanksfully I found this discussion here.

I never had the letter that AOS will handle the case.
Q1) Where this letter come from? Is this from KCC or DOS?
Q2) Do I have to send I-485 after I receive this letter says AOS will handle the case?
Q3) When can I send my package I-485 to Chicago again?
I checked VISA bulletin and it looked like that my case is open in October ( Europe 9100). Is this right way to check my case is current or open?

I will appreciate your answer.

The mistake I had is that I didn't send check DOS and didn't send letter and barcode to KCC. The reason why I didn't send is because local USCIS in Tucson told me to send I-485 application to Chicago as soon as possible and don't need to do anything to KCC. I was confused becasue the notice package doesn't explain what to do for the case that people live in U.S. already and I trusted what local USCIS told me to do.

My application arrived in July 30 in Chicago and it is returned to me 8/24/09.
I hope I am not too late even though I need to do it all over again.

I sent DS122 to KCC 8/25/2009 and arrived 8/26/2009
I sent check to DOS 8/25/2009 and arrived 8/26/2009
I am waiting letter from KCC and receipt from DOS.
I think I am supposed to wait the letter says AOS will handle the case...

Don't worry, you are not late. It looks like your local USCIS misled you. You should've just followed the instructions in the first NL, which clearly direct you to send back DSP 230 and 122 + bar code to KCC, and send DV fee to DOS.
But looks like you have corrected the mistake. Just wait for the receipt from DOS, which takes from 2 wks, you might get it earlier. If your number is current in October you still have plenty of time as long as you have all the supporting docs ready. In earlier yrs, some people sent in their AOS packages before their numbers were current and were successful, but to be on the safe side just wait until October and send it to avoid ur application being returned again.

USCIS isn't very helpful with their answers. The only thing they told my friend was "wait till Oct. 1st and only send the requested papers to KCC.

She is waiting till her EU00011xxx will become current in November which will probably will be in the next visa bulletin...so she will sent it when the visa bulletin comes out.

One advise, go over and over and over your papers and check them very well so you have everything in the enveloppe that you are sending in.
The civil surgeon told us that if you make an error on a paper use a new form since it could cause a delay if you cross things out and rewrite it....she also told us to check, check, check so no errors are on the papers. It will make the case go way faster according to her.

USCIS isn't very helpful with their answers. The only thing they told my friend was "wait till Oct. 1st and only send the requested papers to KCC.

She is waiting till her EU00011xxx will become current in November which will probably will be in the next visa bulletin...so she will sent it when the visa bulletin comes out.

One advise, go over and over and over your papers and check them very well so you have everything in the enveloppe that you are sending in.
The civil surgeon told us that if you make an error on a paper use a new form since it could cause a delay if you cross things out and rewrite it....she also told us to check, check, check so no errors are on the papers. It will make the case go way faster according to her.

Bentlebee,

Even the smallest mistake could delay your case and some mistakes could be really bad like a mismatch in a name, sex, date of bird, and the number of applicants accompanying the DV winner.

Every time people go to the USCIS and ask questions they get different answers. That's why this forum is great because there are people in the same situation as we are and we have their help.

There are some people that send their AOS package earlier than their case numbers become current and some people, like me, don't want to take the risk. If your case number will be current in November, it means that they should receive your AOS package on or after November 1st (unless you want to submit it earlier). That your case number appears as an advance notification does not mean that your case number is already current. They likely will accept your case but no visa will be granted until the case number is current.

Good luck to all!