• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thanks guys,

Daima, your case and your words let me decide to send my package. Thanks a lot!

hek, your checks will be cashed soon. My package was delivered on Saturday October 24th but I don't think they work on the weekends.

They probably got yours on 26th. Mine was received on 27th. I ll go to post office to check the status of the money order. Wish you good luck, hope you receive the NOA s sooooooon :)
The waiting is the hardest part :p

They probably got yours on 26th. Mine was received on 27th. I ll go to post office to check the status of the money order. Wish you good luck, hope you receive the NOA s sooooooon :)
The waiting is the hardest part :p

I hear you, the waiting thing is hard.

Good luck to you too and keep us posted!

I was wondering if u have some info about the financial aid. Does it take effect right away after getting the card? I really dont want to pay another 9k for the next semester :)

Thanks guys,

Daima, your case and your words let me decide to send my package. Thanks a lot!

hek, your checks will be cashed soon. My package was delivered on Saturday October 24th but I don't think they work on the weekends.

my case is similar, my number (EU 99**) will be current in december...however, i called uscis to verify if i can send already now my package...after calling three different uscis officers, i got one with good experience who advised to print out the current visa bulletin and highlight there that my number will be current in december, also according to her, as long as your number appears in a bulletin, you can file but as said to make sure, print out the visa bulletin and mark there that and when your number is/will be current...i will send it today, so about 3 weeks advanced...lets see

my case is similar, my number (EU 99**) will be current in december...however, i called uscis to verify if i can send already now my package...after calling three different uscis officers, i got one with good experience who advised to print out the current visa bulletin and highlight there that my number will be current in december, also according to her, as long as your number appears in a bulletin, you can file but as said to make sure, print out the visa bulletin and mark there that and when your number is/will be current...i will send it today, so about 3 weeks advanced...lets see

You should be fine. My friends case # is EU00011XXX and also current in Dec. She sent it in the beginning of Oct. but unfortunately forgot to fill out one small box and they sned her papers back with "rejected due to missing part 2, filling out 1 box"....she filled it out and returned the papers. Allher papers were stamped on the side by a computer and only that one paper was stamped alreayd but crossed out after they noticed the one box not crossed...also her check was stamped with a Homeland Security stamp over her writing on the check.:)

Hello folks
I have just realized a gross error from my part when sending out my application. Instead of the PObox address, I sent my file to the Dearborn address. What do you guys think will happen to my file? Will it be rejected? I sent the file priority with delivery confirmation, but I don't know how in the world I made that mistake of sending it to the Dearborn address. Thanks for your input.

I believe it should be okay. i called them and they told me that if you are sending overnight express mail you should mail it to dearborn adress, instead of the PoBox. Am I right???

I believe it should be okay. i called them and they told me that if you are sending overnight express mail you should mail it to dearborn adress, instead of the PoBox. Am I right???

If the package is sent via USPS then the address is:
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For courier/express delivery (ie UPS, FedEx):
USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

I was wondering if u have some info about the financial aid. Does it take effect right away after getting the card? I really dont want to pay another 9k for the next semester :)

I am not sure. Somebody was saying that you should be charged as a domestic student if you have a pending AOS. So maybe you should give your school the A-number on you NoA.

Hello folks
I have just realized a gross error from my part when sending out my application. Instead of the PObox address, I sent my file to the Dearborn address. What do you guys think will happen to my file? Will it be rejected? I sent the file priority with delivery confirmation, but I don't know how in the world I made that mistake of sending it to the Dearborn address. Thanks for your input.

Hello Lome4ever,

I understand that you sent your package using US Postal Service and that you have not received any NOA yet. Correct?

If you are able to track the package and the package was delivered then you should call the USCIS Service Center and ask for your application. If it was not delivered, then you should contact USPS and ask the reason.

If you sent your application using any other courier/express delivery (i.e. FedEx, UPS) and/or you received the NOA, then you are fine and there should be nothing to worry about.

Good luck and keep us posted

I am not sure. Somebody was saying that you should be charged as a domestic student if you have a pending AOS. So maybe you should give your school the A-number on you NoA.

I hope get that number soooooon :)( in a week probably). I think that in order to be considered as an instate student, you have to live there for at least a year. I asked fin aid office but they dont give info at all :) they keep saying "come back when u get the card" :)

I hope get that number soooooon :)( in a week probably). I think that in order to be considered as an instate student, you have to live there for at least a year.
You are right, it is either employment or residency. (Living a year as an F or J student still doesn't make you a resident, btw.) Pending AOS has nothing to do with finances :-( And even when you get GC, you will not be granted any aid immediately. Of course, it may vary from state to state, so check with your campus. In Texas everything goes through FAFSA, and it takes a long time to get some aid.

Actually, I have just checked the tracking number for the package. And, it was delivered on 10/26. Yeah, I sent it via USPS to the Dearborn address. The fact that it was delivered means the file was received right? I'm gonna give it till the end of this week and see if my check gets cashed. For once, I am actually looking forward to money being deducted from my account..Isnt that ironic. If by next Monday, there is nothing, I will seriously be worried. Thanks for your input guys, and lets hope that it works out for everybody.

Hek 123
The only thing is I sent the file priority via USPS to the Dearborn address. I did not use UPS or Fedex or any of those courier services. But the file was delivered on 10/26. I don't know if I should worry or not.