• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

EAD card

Hi everyone,
Does anybody know how long it takes to get the EAD card? My understanding is that you need to have the biometrics done first (due to fingerprint on card) and then you can kind of wait for the card. I have had three EAD cards issued before through school that did not require a fingerprinting but this might be different. Anyway, I see people get it in about 2-3 weeks after the biometrics. Is this a reasonable wait time?

Thank you and best of luck to all !!!

live uscis reps

Same question.

try this little trick.

choose the 'change your address' option after u dial the USCIS#.

listen to the messages/ instructions to speak to a rep to 'change your adress"

since this is a emrgency type situation, u will get in touch w/ a person. Tell them u do not have to change address but u have a an important question.....

let me know if it works 4 u

Hi all.

I am getting nerveous.
My NOA is issued on 10/14 but I haven't received biometrics and interview letter yet.
I am thinking it is delay because I live far west. Please please, let us know where is your local area.

Lucky2010, I just made my account to check case update. Last updated is 10/15/2009.
My NOA was issued at 10/14/2009. How did you expect that you knew you will get biometric letter? Is last updated changed?
I am getting worried my case. Please let me know how many time it was changed. Thanks,

they will send u email updates whenever there is a change in your case, go to your account and type in your recept # it will highlight one of the blue circles, place your mouse curser (point to the cirlce and) u will be able to read what generally happens in that particular stage ( biometrics appt. etc, they will tell u on what date they sent u 'a letter'- based on what u are expecting- i.e biometrics- geuss what? u may just be getting what u are expecting!

Its on its way!
Good Luck

I believe the form says that cutizens must fill out the form and in the case a ccitizen does not meet the $ requirements u can use a joint sponsor-PR.

Just my 2 cents. Please double check.

I have no idea regarding this matter.
Maybe others in this forum can give their thoughts.

Hi everyone,
Does anybody know how long it takes to get the EAD card? My understanding is that you need to have the biometrics done first (due to fingerprint on card) and then you can kind of wait for the card. I have had three EAD cards issued before through school that did not require a fingerprinting but this might be different. Anyway, I see people get it in about 2-3 weeks after the biometrics. Is this a reasonable wait time?

Thank you and best of luck to all !!!

It should take about 3 months, from the day you submit the application.

Good source

Thank you i 2009
this is from the USCIS website . i think it clearly state that DV lottary don't need I-864 but they may need I-134

Other types of aliens, including parolees, students, and diversity immigrants, are not sponsored using Form I-864. A different affidavit of support (USCIS Form I-134) is used for these aliens if an immigration or consular officer requires it.

Thanks

Thanks AgentSmith for the quote. Very interesting information in that page.

&vgnextchannel=f15b6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD[/url] in case someone wants to read it.

Even though it is clear that the I-864 is not suitable for DV cases, the Officers often require this form and that's why it is confusing of how to fill it or what supporting evidence we need to provide.

Thanks again

Hi zimboho

Look at the table under the "B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY"
You can fine when is your CN is current.
For example, in November, Europe 9500 is cut off for someone who has CN like 2010EU0000XXXX. If look at the last 4 or 5 digit number and compare this to visa bulletin.

Whether your number is current or not, you can send your package now.
You will received NOA within 15 days. Based on some case in this forum (i2009, Daima), there is no problem to send early since fiscal year start (10/01/2009) and USCIS seems like that they do not send back application package anymore.

Good luck for your case.

I understand that your number must be current before you should submit your application. I read in many posts that their package were sent back for applying too early.

Hani, if there were cases that were accepted even when their CN were not current, can you please highlight them to us. I would also like to submit mine now because I estimate me being current only next year.

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I have another biometoric letters today. Strange.

As I posted before, I already received biometric appointments (Nov 5) and interview letter (Nov 17, 10 am) from Tucson USCIS.
Today I received another biometric letter from National Benefit Center for Nov 17th at 9 am and it was issued 10/20/2009.
The one that I received today is the same as everybody's from NBC, i guess.
Bothe letters indicate the same place that I need to take finger prints in Tucson.

I am planning to bring this letter on Nov 5th, since we have appointment (from TUCSON USCIS) anyway and will ask them what do i need to do with this second appointment.

Hope this doesn't make any delay.
Please give me your thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CN : 2010EU00007xxx. (Tucson, AZ)
06/20/2009 : First NL from KCC
07/20/2009 : Medical exam is done and we paid $165*2(+100 extra) for two
08/26/2009 : DS122 and bar code to KCC.
08/26/2009 : Check ($350*2) to DOS
09/02/2009 : DV fee receipt arrived from DOS
09/10/2009 : Second NL arrived from KCC
10/01/2009 : My number is current in October
10/05/2009 : AOS package delivered in Chicago
10/14/2009 : Checks cashed out ($ 1010*2 for two)
10/19/2009 : NOA (I-485, I-765) received dated on 10/14/2009
10/28/2009 : Received code 3 biometric (Nov.5th) and interview (Nov.17th) letter, dated on 10/27/2009
10/31/2009 : Received biometics (Nov. 17th) from NBC, dated on 10/20/2009

I understand that your number must be current before you should submit your application. I read in many posts that their package were sent back for applying too early.

Hani, if there were cases that were accepted even when their CN were not current, can you please highlight them to us. I would also like to submit mine now because I estimate me being current only next year.

Thanks.

My friends case is current in Dec. and she send it in the beginning of Oct. and it was accepted. She did get it back though because she forgot to fill out one box, but all papers were stamped by th comp. and the check was stamped by Homeland Security. So it wasn't send back due to early sending.:)

Thanks.

I also sent my package early (pls check my timeline in the signature). But I decided to that after seeing that our number was going to be current in November.

I have to do biometrics on November 5th... But i never received an interview appointment.... Anyone same as me?...I am so nervouuuus! :( :( :(

I have to do biometrics on November 5th... But i never received an interview appointment.... Anyone same as me?...I am so nervouuuus! :( :( :(

Call KCC and ask how to go forward. I remember some one on this forum a while ago (DV 2009) stating the person went to do biometrics without the letter...the letter never came. It shouldn't be a problem, just call them and bring all you other papers and don't worry, it will only make you so nervous at the interview and you have to come across as a honest person and people who are shoing to be so nervous might be looked at different.:):);)

Hello linda,

I know how you feel but you might be receiving the interview appointment soon. You can call the USCIS Service Center or schedule an infopass to inquire about your case.

If you don't mind me ask, what is your Field Office?

Note: the KCC has terminated your case when you decided to go for AOS so don't call them.

Good luck and I hope that you receive your appointment real soon!

Hey guys,

I have another biometoric letters today. Strange.

As I posted before, I already received biometric appointments (Nov 5) and interview letter (Nov 17, 10 am) from Tucson USCIS.
Today I received another biometric letter from National Benefit Center for Nov 17th at 9 am and it was issued 10/20/2009.
The one that I received today is the same as everybody's from NBC, i guess.
Bothe letters indicate the same place that I need to take finger prints in Tucson.

I am planning to bring this letter on Nov 5th, since we have appointment (from TUCSON USCIS) anyway and will ask them what do i need to do with this second appointment.

Hope this doesn't make any delay.
Please give me your thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CN : 2010EU00007xxx. (Tucson, AZ)
06/20/2009 : First NL from KCC
07/20/2009 : Medical exam is done and we paid $165*2(+100 extra) for two
08/26/2009 : DS122 and bar code to KCC.
08/26/2009 : Check ($350*2) to DOS
09/02/2009 : DV fee receipt arrived from DOS
09/10/2009 : Second NL arrived from KCC
10/01/2009 : My number is current in October
10/05/2009 : AOS package delivered in Chicago
10/14/2009 : Checks cashed out ($ 1010*2 for two)
10/19/2009 : NOA (I-485, I-765) received dated on 10/14/2009
10/28/2009 : Received code 3 biometric (Nov.5th) and interview (Nov.17th) letter, dated on 10/27/2009
10/31/2009 : Received biometics (Nov. 17th) from NBC, dated on 10/20/2009

Hello Hani,

Bring both of your biometric appointments to your first biometric appointment and ask them what to do. If possible, talk to a manager.

I have read previous years forums and I learned that the biometric appointment could delay the process. Sometimes they don't send an appointment at all and sometimes they send more than one appointment.

Good luck and please keep us posted

How to talk directly with a person

After you call the 1-800 number for USICS; choose the option *1. That would connect you directly to a person. This tip was given to me by BlueT41 a while ago.

Worked for me... THANKS..!!!

They are very polite but seems like they are just reading what you can read yourselves at the USCIS website and their answers to my questions was taken from this very same web page. My call didn't change anything. :confused:

Thanks.

Hello leongsce,

There has been much discussions about submitting the AOS package early to the USCIS.

There is a bulletin from the INS (at that time it was INS not USCIS) saying that lottery winners can file AOS applications within 90 days before their case numbers become current. You can read about it here http://www.murthy.com/arc_news/a_lwadj.html

Many cases have been accepted but some cases were returned; maybe because the officer that received those cases didn't know about that bulletin or, as some people claim, that bulletin was valid only for DV1999.

I decided to take the risk and file my petition with 10 days before my CN became current. I still don't know if they accepted my petition and I have my fingers crossed.

Worked for me... THANKS..!!!

They are very polite but seems like they are just reading what you can read yourselves at the USCIS website and their answers to my questions was taken from this very same web page. My call didn't change anything. :confused:

Welcome to the USA and their legal issues...in order not to get sued, they won't tell you more than they legally are safe with, which means that what is on their website will be mentioned and otherwise they will give you some options how to handle it or to schedule an appointment...if you are far from a field office it could mean it will cost you a day and still not get your questioned clearly answered....if you don't get an answer that is clear to you, claim you don't understand what they are saying (even if you English is good) and in my friends case, the employee got a supervisor who clearly explained the process....I have the feeling that some of the employees just walked in on their first week of work...:rolleyes:

Hi Linda

We also have our Biometrics on the 6th, but haven't received the Interview letter yet. Hang in there and be patient, it's coming!