• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

To happy2010

Hi Happy2010,

I didn't send affidavit of support along the AOS package.
I will prepare I-134 since the field officer didn't requeste anything for our case. Good luck for your case too.

Congrats for your interview appointment, woow , that is fast , did you send any affidavit of support (I864 or I-134) along with your AOS package ?

To Daima

Hi Daima,

Thanks for your answer.
Regarding first my question, I think I was confused because simpleman had two seperate appointments for biometrics (Nov 2, Nov 3). But I think I will not get anymore biometric letter. My biometric letter doesn't have any barcode. In the middle of biometric letter, "CODE:3" is written.

I guess I have some benefit since live small town so the process moves fast. But It might be possible the letter looks different then other place. NOA came from Chicago and everybody's NOA look same but some letter from the field office can be different.

Regarding to the affidavite of support, I think you are right. I will prepare 1-134 instead of 1-864 even if the officer didn't ask to bring anything. My friend doesn't willing to fill out I864 because he knew that it is eiligeble for family based case. But he is willing to fill I134.

Thank you your response and good luck your case too.

I'll try my best:

Q1. I'm not sure I understand the question, but you can only have one Biometrics Appt. Close to the bottom of the letter, it should say Case # 1 and 2 (or something like that) depends if you applied for EAD and I'm sure it'll have Case # 3 if you applied for AP. There should be 1 or 2 or 3 Barcodes (at the bottom). You don't get different letters for each.

Q2. The fact that they didn't request anything else is good. But I guess if you wanna be on the safe side you can get the Affidavit of support, nothing to lose.

Q3. Anyone can sponsor you, doesn't have to be a relative as long as the person is a US citizen or PR.

All the best!

To simple man

My biometric letter says " ... if you are unable to do so, you may go on Monday thru Firday at 2:00 pm as long as you appear not later than 3 business days prior to your scheduled interview date; or, you may complete the bottom of this notice and Return the entire original to the address below. Rescuduling your appintment will delay your application. If you fail to appear as specified or fail to request rescheduling, your application will be considered abandoned after 89 days from the date of this letter."

I think you are trying to hold the field officer (Minnesota), right?

I think you can visit the field office with this matter.

Good luck.

What is the best way to get hold of a live person while calling the USCIS.
I need to talk to them regarding my biometrics appointment for monday.

Hi Blue41

Your case was always faster than me.
Your AOS package sent earlier then me and you received NOA, biometirics earlier then me too. I think your interview will schedule soon so don't worry.
Previous year case, most of them received green card within a month after they had the interview. Good luck for you.

Hey guys, quick question. So, I did not file AP because I'm on H1, however after speaking with USCIS I discovered that you do not need AP if you have an H1 visa. Problem is, I have H1 status and not the visa. I have to travel early February and hope that I get the green card by then, but for whatever reason I don't get the green crad by then, would the stamp they place in your passport at the interview be sufficent evidence to get back into the country if I travel before I get the green card? Does anyone know?

From USCIS web-site (can't add URL). Google it and u will find that page.
Who requires an affidavit of support?
Other types of aliens, including parolees, students, and diversity immigrants, are not sponsored using Form I-864. A different affidavit of support (USCIS Form I-134) is used for these aliens if an immigration or consular officer requires it.

Thanks AgentSmith for the quote. Very interesting information in that page.

The link to that information is http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=f15b6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD in case someone wants to read it.

Even though it is clear that the I-864 is not suitable for DV cases, the Officers often require this form and that's why it is confusing of how to fill it or what supporting evidence we need to provide.

Thanks again

Hi Daima,

Thanks for your answer.
Regarding first my question, I think I was confused because simpleman had two seperate appointments for biometrics (Nov 2, Nov 3). But I think I will not get anymore biometric letter. My biometric letter doesn't have any barcode. In the middle of biometric letter, "CODE:3" is written.

I guess I have some benefit since live small town so the process moves fast. But It might be possible the letter looks different then other place. NOA came from Chicago and everybody's NOA look same but some letter from the field office can be different.

Regarding to the affidavite of support, I think you are right. I will prepare 1-134 instead of 1-864 even if the officer didn't ask to bring anything. My friend doesn't willing to fill out I864 because he knew that it is eiligeble for family based case. But he is willing to fill I134.

Thank you your response and good luck your case too.

Hello Hani19,

I think that simpleman received two biometrics appointments on different days, one is for him and one for his wife.

The code 3 means that they will take a photograph, fingerprints on all 10 fingers, and the signature.

Good luck to you

Hello Hani19,

I think that simpleman received two biometrics appointments on different days, one is for him and one for his wife.

The code 3 means that they will take a photograph, fingerprints on all 10 fingers, and the signature.

Good luck to you

You're right i2009. I got two biometrics appointment. One was for me and the other for my spouse. I was hoping we both would get in for the same day.... I think code 3 covers both code 1 and 2. So if you are doing code 3 only then you are doing all the biometrics at once. No need to worry.

From USCIS web-site (can't add URL). Google it and u will find that page.

For me they asked for I-864 specifically. So in my case I will fill I-864. If they don't mention anything then the best bet would be I-134.
My suggestion to everyone is unless specified don't prepare the I-864 but if they sent you the interview letter asking for I-864 then do what they asked for.

Hi zimboho

You need to look at the visa bulletin.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4576.html

Look at the table under the "B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY"
You can fine when is your CN is current.
For example, in November, Europe 9500 is cut off for someone who has CN like 2010EU0000XXXX. If look at the last 4 or 5 digit number and compare this to visa bulletin.

Whether your number is current or not, you can send your package now.
You will received NOA within 15 days. Based on some case in this forum (i2009, Daima), there is no problem to send early since fiscal year start (10/01/2009) and USCIS seems like that they do not send back application package anymore.

Good luck for your case.

I would like to know how to check CN when it will be current?
Anyone helpme please ^_^

Your case was always faster than me.
Your AOS package sent earlier then me and you received NOA, biometirics earlier then me too. I think your interview will schedule soon so don't worry.
Previous year case, most of them received green card within a month after they had the interview. Good luck for you.

Thanks Hani19. Fingers crossed!

For those of us who are waiting for the interview appointments, I think we should realized that the appointment dates would vary a lot depending on where your local office is. Just because our cases became current at the same time, does not guarantee that we get the interviews at similar dates. I have seen this in the last years postings.

Update

upd: biometrics completed

The procedure took less than 10 min. Waiting for further notice from USCIS.
No interview appointment yet.

For those of us who are waiting for the interview appointments, I think we should realized that the appointment dates would vary a lot depending on where your local office is. Just because our cases became current at the same time, does not guarantee that we get the interviews at similar dates. I have seen this in the last years postings.

nnffme, good remark, because the local field office is not the same, so depending on where you live , in a big city or not...,appointment date varies.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do

check you local office on this website and according to USCIS times may vary for different reason why the I-485 is submitted, but still interviews can be different as others have sad due to some offices are more busy than others....

Over here in Tampa they are very busy.....and if you walk in you won't even think you are in the USA anymore, it is more that you are in South America....

Just so everyone knows that the processing times on the website https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do do not apply to DV cases. DV cases have a sunset and thus the USCIS offices try to process our cases differently. Of course, every case is different and something could happen that the case could be delayed.

If the information on that website were applicable to DV cases, nobody in NYC that applied for AOS DV 2009 after January 23, 2009 would had been approved as that's the processing time they currently have.