• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congratulations to all of you who received the Noa and fingerprint appointments+interview! I wishhh we all get greencards!!! Love you all!

It is indeed the interview letter.
Yesterday my spouse received the letter again and it had one more piece of paper. It asked for the documents to bring to the interview.

Now I have a question to all of you. The letter also asks for Affidavit of Support, Form I-864 or I-864A plus Federal tax returns, W-2's, Current letter of employment, and most recent pay stub of the applicant.
Do you guys think it will be ok to fill the I-134 instead. I will call them and try to find out but I have read that I-134 is also accepted.
I have less than a month for the interview. Isn't that amazing?
Good luck to all of you too...

Hey, are u adjusting status as a DV winner or I-131?
COngrats on the interview, I am setting my prospective intverview dates around your apptmns!

I have said it before...due to the state the economy is in right now and unemployment is rising every month (people who just lost their benefits but still are out of a job aren't even incl.) the USCIS needs to be more careful who they let into the country to make sure not more people will need to apply for benefits.

I have no where read that it isn't required, neither that it is required, it is up to the USCIS to ask for proof that they think they need to ask for to proof to them that a person will be able to support them self.

If you have proof of savings and would have brought it, they wouldn't have asked, neither if they thought the job you have in your country would be a job you can easily get over here...so they want some one to sign who they might get back to in case you become liability.

If you have a person who is willing to sign for you (or have proof you will be hired when you get your GC), you won't have an issue...:)

I guess i f u are coming into the country after winning the lottery, I.E you are currently living abroad- u definatley for sure have to prove that u are not a public charge; however in cases of AOS for people in the U.S, there may be another form other than 864 b/c that form appears to be for relative petioners only and it has a list of people on whose behalf it its required to file this form. Not every DV case as per the instructions on the form is permitted to file that form 864. If u are abroad u need to file I-134 so AOSers in the U.S do not have a form to file; unless they(USCIS) make exceptions to which form should be filed.

Thank U bentlebee

Guys give feedback, I do have someone who will/can file the form who is well qualified.

FEEDBACKS. LET US KNOW IF U ARE ADJUSTING STATUS (obvious participants) AND U FILED THE I-864.

Similar situation

Update: Interview appointment received today, for 12/10. :D
I'm still waiting for my biometrics appt notice :(:confused:. If I don't receive it till the end of this week, will have an InfoPass to explain that probably it was lost (initially address was incorrect for I-485 case) and will ask to take biometrics together with my wife.

Hah.. I have a similar situation. We just received the Biometrics appointment for my wife this monday (with the wrong address but arrived) and i'm still waiting mine and the interview appointment letters. I did the address correction online.
Will call tomorrow to ask.

Hi all,

First of all , Good Luck to everyone!!!

I sent my i485 package yesterday. I was just wondering if i had to include the first page of the notification ( the that says congrats you won the diversity visa) as well. I just included the barcode page. Does it matter???
And also i have included only the copy of my college diploma not the transcript.
My highschool diploma and the transcript are included. Do you think that not adding the college transcript would matter ?
AAAAnnnd :) is there any other way of checking the status of the money order other than going to usps and filling out a form???

Thank you.

Good luck :) I miss you and i hope you will get your greencard!
:) Don't worry everything will be okay!
I don't think that the college transcript is important. The only thing which is important is high school diploma. You should wait for at least 15 days to get your NOA! And for the money order i think you have to go to usps and ask them if the money are taken or not. :)

Best of luck ;)

Someone in this forum got it without an interview, it took like 1 month to get the gc for them :) I hope uscis does it more often :)

Good luck :) I miss you and i hope you will get your greencard!
:) Don't worry everything will be okay!
I don't think that the college transcript is important. The only thing which is important is high school diploma. You should wait for at least 15 days to get your NOA! And for the money order i think you have to go to usps and ask them if the money are taken or not. :)

Best of luck ;)

Thanks for the info, I hope everything goes well with your case too.Miss you too. I check my mailbox couple times a day now :)) I don't know how long i can handle this :) How is your lawyer doing :)) Is she alright:p

I guess i f u are coming into the country after winning the lottery, I.E you are currently living abroad- u definatley for sure have to prove that u are not a public charge; however in cases of AOS for people in the U.S, there may be another form other than 864 b/c that form appears to be for relative petioners only and it has a list of people on whose behalf it its required to file this form. Not every DV case as per the instructions on the form is permitted to file that form 864. If u are abroad u need to file I-134 so AOSers in the U.S do not have a form to file; unless they(USCIS) make exceptions to which form should be filed.

Thank U bentlebee

Guys give feedback, I do have someone who will/can file the form who is well qualified.

FEEDBACKS. LET US KNOW IF U ARE ADJUSTING STATUS (obvious participants) AND U FILED THE I-864.

Hello Lucky,

It is my understanding that the form I-864 is designed for family based immigrants (with some exceptions) and that the I-134 is the one that should be used for DV cases.

But, I have read many times that the USCIS Field Office requests the applicant, in the appointment notice, to bring a Form I-864 or I-864A to the interview.

Note that there are a bunch of I-864 forms (i.e. I-864, I-864A, I-864EZ, I-864P, etc) depending upon the situation.

Good luck!

Biometrics and interview letter

Update my process.

Wow, I fininally received biometric notice and in addition interview letter.
I received code 3 biometric only for me (Page1) and my husband (P2) and interview letters for both of us(P3, P4). Little strangely, all of them (4 pages letter) was in one evelope from Tucson UCSIC office. I was expecting to receive biometric from Chicago but i was wrong. My online update doesn't change anything at all and no email notice as well.

The interview letter looks like this.
First table was our information which is name, file no., address, date.
Second table is
Office location: Tucson,
Date $ hour : Nov 17th,
Ask for : Immigration Services Office,
Reason: Interview concenrning....
Bring with you : This letter. If you eligibility is based on your marriage, your husband or wife must come with you to the interview, a picture ID, and all items marked on the attached form if applicable.
Below the second box is about rescheduling.... and signature of field office director

Here is my questions.
Q1) Some of you said that you have two biometrics such as case 2 and case 3, right? Do you think I will have another notice for biometrics for case 2?
Q2) There was no attached item for requesting to bring for interview and it didn't say anything to bring I-864. Do I still need to prepare?
Q3) If we don't have any relative in U.S. and no supporting from company as well, can we still fill out 1-864? we have a dear friend, he is willing to fill out if he is eligible. Is he can file out that form for us?

CN : 2010EU00007xxx. (Tucson, AZ)
06/20/2009 : First NL from KCC
07/20/2009 : Medical exam is done and we paid $165*2(+100 extra) for two
08/26/2009 : DS122 and bar code to KCC.
08/26/2009 : Check ($350*2) to DOS
09/02/2009 : DV fee receipt arrived from DOS
09/10/2009 : Second NL arrived from KCC
10/01/2009 : My number is current in October
10/05/2009 : AOS package delivered in Chicago
10/14/2009 : Checks cashed out ($ 1010*2 for two)
10/19/2009 : NOA (I-485, I-765) received dated on 10/14/2009
10/28/2009 : Received code 3 biometric (Nov.5th) and interview (Nov.17th) letter, dated on 10/27/2008

So we definatley need to be on the safe side and fill out that 864 form. I will.

CONGRATS BLUE!!!! You were quiet and MIA for a while, glad to hear the good news!!:)

Yes that's what I am going to do. I am in the process of getting m I-864 ready. I am guessing we need supporting documents along with the I-864. For me it specifically says Federal Returns for past 3 yrs, a current letter of employment, and proof of citizenship of the sponsor.

Yes that's what I am going to do. I am in the process of getting m I-864 ready. I am guessing we need supporting documents along with the I-864. For me it specifically says Federal Returns for past 3 yrs, a current letter of employment, and proof of citizenship of the sponsor.

Is it compulsory for the sponsor to be a US citizen? Can't a PR holder become the sponsor?