• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I have signed up for the online updates but have not received any mails till now.
I am pretty sure there are others who received their interview letters too. They will come out for sure. But wish you all the best too.
Will keep updating my case...

All the best my friend and keep us updated I want to know because i recieved my fingerprints appointment 2 days next to you so i wish my interview letter comes tooo!!!

I wish you luck!!! :)

It is indeed the interview letter.
Yesterday my spouse received the letter again and it had one more piece of paper. It asked for the documents to bring to the interview.

Now I have a question to all of you. The letter also asks for Affidavit of Support, Form I-864 or I-864A plus Federal tax returns, W-2's, Current letter of employment, and most recent pay stub of the applicant.
Do you guys think it will be ok to fill the I-134 instead. I will call them and try to find out but I have read that I-134 is also accepted.
I have less than a month for the interview. Isn't that amazing?
Good luck to all of you too...

Hello simpleman,

Congratulations for the interview appointment. If the letter asks for I-864 or I-864A, you should bring one of those forms and not the I-134. I read a similar case, probably in 2008, that a person was requested an I-864 but showed an I-134 and the Officer did not accept it. He had to go and get an I-864 and the case was delayed (a couple of weeks). I understand that the officer can request I-864 even though it is not the affidavit of support applicable for DV cases.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

I see for someone its already quite progressing, thats great!!! I can submit my doc's 1st of November, question, online I find the I-485 just 3 pages, on the hard copy I received from USCIS field office, its a whole lot more paperwork...does anyone know if the 3 online pages will suffice???

I see for someone its already quite progressing, thats great!!! I can submit my doc's 1st of November, question, online I find the I-485 just 3 pages, on the hard copy I received from USCIS field office, its a whole lot more paperwork...does anyone know if the 3 online pages will suffice???

Hello thomen,

The current I-485 contains 4 pages. The package that you received from the USCIS might contain more forms (I-485, G-325A, I-131, I-765, etc).

Good luck!

Hello thomen,

The current I-485 contains 4 pages. The package that you received from the USCIS might contain more forms (I-485, G-325A, I-131, I-765, etc).

Good luck!

Thanks!!! I am getting really excited already!
So you also sent only the 4 pages???
I guess all the other forms are to be provided on requests?

Thanks!!! I am getting really excited already!
So you also sent only the 4 pages???
I guess all the other forms are to be provided on requests?

Hello thomen,

I am sorry, I think that I got you confused. The I-485 has 4 pages but it is not the only form that you need to submit for the Adjustment of Status petition. At least you need to submit the I-485, G-325A, I-693 (Medical Report), along with all the supporting documentation.

Some people also need to include the I-131 (Advance Parole for travel permit) and the I-765 (Employment Authorization).

Please, check the previous posts to this thread and the posts for 2009 AOS Only to have an idea of what and how to prepare your application package.

Good luck!

Hello thomen,

I am sorry, I think that I got you confused. The I-485 has 4 pages but it is not the only form that you need to submit for the Adjustment of Status petition. At least you need to submit the I-485, G-325A, I-693 (Medical Report), along with all the supporting documentation.

Some people also need to include the I-131 (Advance Parole for travel permit) and the I-765 (Employment Authorization).

Please, check the previous posts to this thread and the posts for 2009 AOS Only to have an idea of what and how to prepare your application package.

Good luck!

Thanks! I am scheduled for tomorrow for the med exam...didn't know about the G-325A (its a bit of double work as most of the info was already provided with those D-122 forms, request for AOS) anyway...the EAD of course...would be very unfortunate to forget that :)

Biometrics Appointment Letter Received!

Hi friends,

Just wanted to let you know that today we received our Appointment letter for Biometrics. It's strange though, my husband's is on Nov 6th and Mine Nov 9th. But we'll go together on the 6th and hope they'll accept both of us.

Biometrics recieved!!!!!

Got Biometrics today, For Nov. 10th! yeah. :D

PLEASE NOTE: Also I have an RFE ( request for evidence) for affadavit of support, i thought b/c I am an AOS applicant, and DV winners "supposedly" do not need to file this, I excluded it from my application packet. GIVE ME YOUR 2 CENTS.

Thank YOU!

CONGRATS DAIMA( i hope is spelled it right)

Biometrics Appointment Letter Received!

Hi friends,

Just wanted to let you know that today we received our Appointment letter for Biometrics. It's strange though, my husband's is on Nov 6th and Mine Nov 9th. But we'll go together on the 6th and hope they'll accept both of us.

Congratulation Daima!

Updating

Today we received the biometrics appointment for Wife. It is dated 10/19/09 and was sent 10/22/09. The appointment is for Nov 9. I guess mine is arraiving tomorrow.

I am registered at the USCIS page too and have not received any email :-(

PLEASE NOTE: Also I have an RFE ( request for evidence) for affadavit of support, i thought b/c I am an AOS applicant, and DV winners "supposedly" do not need to file this, I excluded it from my application packet. GIVE ME YOUR 2 CENTS.

Thank YOU!

I have said it before...due to the state the economy is in right now and unemployment is rising every month (people who just lost their benefits but still are out of a job aren't even incl.) the USCIS needs to be more careful who they let into the country to make sure not more people will need to apply for benefits.

I have no where read that it isn't required, neither that it is required, it is up to the USCIS to ask for proof that they think they need to ask for to proof to them that a person will be able to support them self.

If you have proof of savings and would have brought it, they wouldn't have asked, neither if they thought the job you have in your country would be a job you can easily get over here...so they want some one to sign who they might get back to in case you become liability.

If you have a person who is willing to sign for you (or have proof you will be hired when you get your GC), you won't have an issue...:)

Today we received the biometrics appointment for Wife. It is dated 10/19/09 and was sent 10/22/09. The appointment is for Nov 9. I guess mine is arraiving tomorrow.

I am registered at the USCIS page too and have not received any email :-(

Hello Yaku,

I understand that an email is sent when there is a hard LUD (last update date). A hard LUD is when something changed in the case (provided they update the system with the change). A soft LUD is when no change has been made but someone accessed the file.

I'm sure that you'll receive your appt soon.

Good luck and keep us posted

Thank YOU!

Hello Lucky,

You are right, we are not required to include an affidavit of support in our AOS package but the Officers could request either form I-134 or I-864. Did they request one of those forms or just an affidavit of support? Sometimes they just need copies of the latest W-2s, Tax Returns, and an employment letter.

What is the time frame that you have to mail the RFE's requirements?

I have heard that the affidavit of supports are required in the interview appointment letter but not in a RFE (for DV cases).

Good luck!

Hey folks, I wanted to attach the letter I received along with my interview notice for your thoughts. How do I attach a file?

Hi

Congratulations for everyone who has already received Biometrics and Interview notifications. It seems things are moving fast now!
I have a question regarding AOS process. I would like to get your thoughts about it. My husband who is the winner (2010AS00027XXX) is in F1 visa. He hopes to do an internship (by using CPT) next summer. According to our CN number, we hope it will be current in May/June/July next year. By the time he does the internship, we may have already sent the AOS package to USCIS and he will be working for the intership. Is it possible to do an internship while an AOS is processing? Will it harm our chances of getting the GC?