• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I have a question for those who filed the Advance Parole and/or Employment Authorization applications along with the I-485 and that received the NOA. Did you guys include 3 sets of 2 photographs (2 for the I-485, 2 for the I-131, and 2 for I-765) or just 2 photographs for the whole package?

This question was asked in previous years but the answers that I found were from people that had not received the NOA at that time.

Thank you!
I had 6 photos just in case.

Yes its number 3 and i was wondering what does that mean?

I found the following in a previous thread. I'm sorry I asked for appointment type before but I meant appt code.
1= fingerprinting all 10 fingers
2=fingerprinting right index finger only, photo, and signature
3=fingerprinting all 10 fingers, photo, and signature

Good luck to everyone

Thank you so much. ^_^
I already checked the AOS 2009 forum and I have to submit these form; I-485, I-131, I-765, G-325a, I-864. Is that all I have to submit?
What about the fee? How much do I have to pay? And one last question, how can I check my VISA when it will be current.
Thanks in advance. ^____^

Thank you so much. ^_^
I already checked the AOS 2009 forum and I have to submit these form; I-485, I-131, I-765, G-325a, I-864. Is that all I have to submit?
What about the fee? How much do I have to pay? And one last question, how can I check my VISA when it will be current.
Thanks in advance. ^____^

Hi zimboho, check out the links on the 1st page of this thread. There you will find some helpful information that should answer most of your questions. esp. the "Application Procedure Link". Hope that helps.

I filed 2 photos witht he entire package, and I got my reciepts for both I-485/765; which means my 2 potos were just enough!

Thank you guys for the responses. I submitted my package with only 2 photographs for each applicant. Now it is the long wait until I have any news from the USCIS.

Biometrics

Yes, it came from the National Benefits Center.

Hi SimpleMan!,

do you know if they send biometrics appt. by region or the order in which they recieved AOS pakages or by CN? I am anxious to recieve mine.

Did u check your case status to see at what stage they send out the appointment, was it still at "initial review" and what does the receipt # mean? MSC (service center)-XX-XXX-XXXXX, ill try to search this info up ut please let me know if u have an idea.

SORRY for all the questions,
Blessings,
LuCKY

Hi SimpleMan!,

do you know if they send biometrics appt. by region or the order in which they recieved AOS pakages or by CN? I am anxious to recieve mine.

Did u check your case status to see at what stage they send out the appointment, was it still at "initial review" and what does the receipt # mean? MSC (service center)-XX-XXX-XXXXX, ill try to search this info up ut please let me know if u have an idea.

SORRY for all the questions,
Blessings,
LuCKY

Receipt no is just a number to keep track of their process. You must have checked your status on USCIS website. My I-485 is still in acceptance stage but my I-131 and I-765 is in initial review stage.
I am thinking they are sending the appointment based on the acceptance of the AOS packet. That's just my thought.
I think you will get your biometrics appointment before the end of this month.

Thanks Simple man,

what did the letter say, and did they send you a case update via email?

Hello Lucky and Simple Man,

I am not sure if this would help but I have a pending AOS process that currently is in "Initial Review". I copied below what it describes about the "Initial Review" step:

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131, I-130 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or biometrics taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule.

Another appointment letter

Hello Lucky and Simple Man,

I am not sure if this would help but I have a pending AOS process that currently is in "Initial Review". I copied below what it describes about the "Initial Review" step:

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131, I-130 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or biometrics taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule.

Hello all,
I received another appointment letter today. I already received my biometrics appointment for Nov 2nd and 3rd. This one is for Nov 19th. The reason for appointment states "Completion on Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status".
Has anyone received anything like this. My biometrics appointment is at the Application Support Center and this one is at the field office.

I am curious because it does not mention what I need to take with me. It only says "Please come to the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter". I think I will just take all my documents what all I have till now.

Hello all,
I received another appointment letter today. I already received my biometrics appointment for Nov 2nd and 3rd. This one is for Nov 19th. The reason for appointment states "Completion on Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status".
Has anyone received anything like this. My biometrics appointment is at the Application Support Center and this one is at the field office.

I am curious because it does not mention what I need to take with me. It only says "Please come to the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter". I think I will just take all my documents what all I have till now.

Hello simple man,

Is this new appointment just for you or is it for you and your wife? Does it mention the name of the officer that requires your presence?

I've never heard of this, do you think it could be the appointment for the adjudication interview?

Good luck!

Hello simple man,

Is this new appointment just for you or is it for you and your wife? Does it mention the name of the officer that requires your presence?

I've never heard of this, do you think it could be the appointment for the adjudication interview?

Good luck!

It is for both of us on the same day. I go half hour before my spouse.
What is adjudication interview?
As for whom I should meet it says ask for PM #2/DV

It is for both of us on the same day. I go half hour before my spouse.
What is adjudication interview?
As for whom I should meet it says ask for PM #2/DV

Hello simple man,

You should call the service center or ask for an InfoPass. It looks to me like it could be the "interview" appointment with the adjudicator officer. That would we awesome!

All the best!

Hello simple man,

You should call the service center or ask for an InfoPass. It looks to me like it could be the "interview" appointment with the adjudicator officer. That would we awesome!

All the best!

Does anyone know how the final interview letter looks like? What exactly is it written in the interview letter? This one does not mention anything much besides saying that is is in regards to "Completion of Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status" and I have to ask for "PM #2 DV"
But I will definitely have to call them and find out next week.
I am excited as well as nervous.

Holly Molly..!!

Hello all,

This looks like it is the interview.....
:eek: This is going faaaast..!!! :D
Congratz men.!!

Does anyone know how the final interview letter looks like? What exactly is it written in the interview letter? This one does not mention anything much besides saying that is is in regards to "Completion of Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status" and I have to ask for "PM #2 DV"
But I will definitely have to call them and find out next week.
I am excited as well as nervous.

OMG simpleman, that's GREAT news! You'll have your GC in record time!:)