• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Does anyone know how the final interview letter looks like? What exactly is it written in the interview letter? This one does not mention anything much besides saying that is is in regards to "Completion of Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status" and I have to ask for "PM #2 DV"
But I will definitely have to call them and find out next week.
I am excited as well as nervous.

Hello simple man,

I don't know how the appointment note looks but it usually has the appointments for all the family 30 minutes apart and it tells you that you need to see an Officer. I hope it is your interview and that everything goes great!

You should schedule an infopass right now (you can cancel it later if you don't need it) and try to call them on Monday to figure out what is this appointment about.

All the best!

Hello simple man,

I don't know how the appointment note looks but it usually has the appointments for all the family 30 minutes apart and it tells you that you need to see an Officer. I hope it is your interview and that everything goes great!

You should schedule an infopass right now (you can cancel it later if you don't need it) and try to call them on Monday to figure out what is this appointment about.

All the best!

Well the interview is 30 minutes apart. I hope everything goes well.
I will call them on Monday and see if I can get any information from them.
I am excited.

I have a question reguarding the Affidavit of Support....

Right now i live with my nanny here in US and i want to know if she can be my sponsor even that we are not related....? She owns a house and her incomes are high...I don't know what to do....

Thank you guys!

I have a question reguarding the Affidavit of Support....

Right now i live with my nanny here in US and i want to know if she can be my sponsor even that we are not related....? She owns a house and her incomes are high...I don't know what to do....

Thank you guys!

Any one over 18 can be a sponsor if they have proof of funds, a relative, friend, employer, a stranger (which will not happen often :D)...

Hi Simple man,

Congratulation that you received your interview letter already.
I am wondering which local UICIS office do you need to go.
I know each case might have different processing time but just want to estimate when i possibly have an interview.
Since I am living in far west so I received NOA little later then others because of delivery time. If you don't mind, please let us know what is your local area and date of the document issued ( biometrics and interview). Thanks.

Hello all,
I received another appointment letter today. I already received my biometrics appointment for Nov 2nd and 3rd. This one is for Nov 19th. The reason for appointment states "Completion on Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status".
Has anyone received anything like this. My biometrics appointment is at the Application Support Center and this one is at the field office.

I am curious because it does not mention what I need to take with me. It only says "Please come to the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter". I think I will just take all my documents what all I have till now.

All the best, Simple man. Sounds like an interview letter. Just take everything with you as you said.

Pls continue to update us, again..Good luck!

Do we need to have pictures with us on the day of Biometrics or they gonna take us picture?

Thanks all of you!

Do we need to have pictures with us on the day of Biometrics or they gonna take us picture?

Thanks all of you!

Hello linda,

You need to bring the appointment notice along with a photo ID. They will take the photograph, fingerprints, and signature. No need to bring extra photos.

Have you received your fingerprint appointment yet?

Good luck!

Hello linda,

You need to bring the appointment notice along with a photo ID. They will take the photograph, fingerprints, and signature. No need to bring extra photos.

Have you received your fingerprint appointment yet?

Good luck!

Yes I received it...I am so happy!

Thank you very much:)

Hi Simple man,

Congratulation that you received your interview letter already.
I am wondering which local UICIS office do you need to go.
I know each case might have different processing time but just want to estimate when i possibly have an interview.
Since I am living in far west so I received NOA little later then others because of delivery time. If you don't mind, please let us know what is your local area and date of the document issued ( biometrics and interview). Thanks.

My local office is in Minnesota. My biometrics appointment id for Nov 2nd and 3rd. I received it on October 21st but it was issued on October 16th.

My local office is in Minnesota. My biometrics appointment id for Nov 2nd and 3rd. I received it on October 21st but it was issued on October 16th.

Hi Simple man,

First of all, happy to hear that your process is coming along on time; good luck. Just curious: If I understand correctly, biometrics appointment and interview appointments are sent from different USCIS office? Your interview appointment came from local USCIS?

Thanks.

Just to update statistic: the first biometric appointment notice received, only for my wife who is a principal petitioner. As far as there was a incorrectness in our address (USCIS has been notified already) I will wait a few more days for my biom. notice.

Hi Simple man,

First of all, happy to hear that your process is coming along on time; good luck. Just curious: If I understand correctly, biometrics appointment and interview appointments are sent from different USCIS office? Your interview appointment came from local USCIS?

Thanks.

You are right, it came from two different offices.

Hi simple man

I have not received any communications via e-mail. I have received letters only.

Thank U simpleman,
I recieve updates to my case via e-mail b/c i created an online portfolio; i.e i know there is a letter mailed out to me, Im just waiting to see what it says.

CONGRATS on your second letter. I think its the final interview- I would like u said, take all your supporting documents and photocopy of the package u send to chicago lockbox. Prepare possible answers to potential questions they may ask u about education, work experience etc.!!!!

I think u are the first or maybe the only one to get your appts so far!

Thank U simpleman,
I recieve updates to my case via e-mail b/c i created an online portfolio; i.e i know there is a letter mailed out to me, Im just waiting to see what it says.

CONGRATS on your second letter. I think its the final interview- I would like u said, take all your supporting documents and photocopy of the package u send to chicago lockbox. Prepare possible answers to potential questions they may ask u about education, work experience etc.!!!!

It is indeed the interview letter.
Yesterday my spouse received the letter again and it had one more piece of paper. It asked for the documents to bring to the interview.

Now I have a question to all of you. The letter also asks for Affidavit of Support, Form I-864 or I-864A plus Federal tax returns, W-2's, Current letter of employment, and most recent pay stub of the applicant.
Do you guys think it will be ok to fill the I-134 instead. I will call them and try to find out but I have read that I-134 is also accepted.
I have less than a month for the interview. Isn't that amazing?
Good luck to all of you too...

It is indeed the interview letter.
Yesterday my spouse received the letter again and it had one more piece of paper. It asked for the documents to bring to the interview.

Now I have a question to all of you. The letter also asks for Affidavit of Support, Form I-864 or I-864A plus Federal tax returns, W-2's, Current letter of employment, and most recent pay stub of the applicant.
Do you guys think it will be ok to fill the I-134 instead. I will call them and try to find out but I have read that I-134 is also accepted.
I have less than a month for the interview. Isn't that amazing?
Good luck to all of you too...

So it is confirmed, wow, this is amazing. Hope everything goes smoothly.

As far as the Affidavit of support, maybe if you can get both I-864 and I-134 then get both to be on the safe side. As we have seen people being asked for the I-864 before why we all think/know that's only for family based GC.

So, is you status online updated? or it's still at Acceptance?

So it is confirmed, wow, this is amazing. Hope everything goes smoothly.

As far as the Affidavit of support, maybe if you can get both I-864 and I-134 then get both to be on the safe side. As we have seen people being asked for the I-864 before why we all think/know that's only for family based GC.

So, is you status online updated? or it's still at Acceptance?

Still says acceptance...:rolleyes:

Thank U simpleman,

I have signed up for the online updates but have not received any mails till now.
I am pretty sure there are others who received their interview letters too. They will come out for sure. But wish you all the best too.
Will keep updating my case...