• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thank you guys. Appreciate everyones invaluable inputs and suggestions. Such a wonderful resource.
Me and my wife both are over 30 yrs. So, if I understand correctly:

Male adults has to take these vacs which you guys mentioned: MMR, TD, and Varicella vaccines only. No HPV required.

For Female adults: so I assume it will be the same like male? Because it seems if woman is older than 27 yr then you dont require HPV?

Please correct me if I am wrong?

Appreciate everyones input. BTW, I do not have any records of vaccination.

Hello maila,

That's correct, but I suggest you to call some registered civil surgeons in your area before choosing one. The cost could be significantly different from one to another. When you call, ask them what are the requirements for you and your wife.

Good luck

Hello bentlebee,

That's not what I understand by the meaning of "waiver". Anyone knows about this?

One surgeon's opinion does not mean that it is a fact. You got to think that the rules of the DV program say that DV visas may not be issued to DV applicants after September 30. Something does not match with what your surgeon said...

You have to finish the whole process and be approved for the GC...the only thing that won't be in the way is the finishing of the HPV....with the waiver you still get the GC if you have totally finished the process. You know that people have a certain period after they recieve the visa to enter the US and finish the process and obtain their GC....this is similar...the process is positively finished, with the exemption of HPV.

Before people where ot of luck, but it wasn't fair for people who didn't have HPV and only learned later on that they would loose out just because of HPV which takes 7 months, while they had everything to proof they were eligible. The HPV wasn't an issue for not getting the GC on time.

I understand what you are saying and it is better to start on time, but it seems she is right from what I heard fro a lawyer as well.

You have to finish the whole process and be approved for the GC...the only thing that won't be in the way is the finishing of the HPV....with the waiver you still get the GC if you have totally finished the process. You know that people have a certain period after they recieve the visa to enter the US and finish the process and obtain their GC....this is similar...the process is positively finished, with the exemption of HPV.

Before people where ot of luck, but it wasn't fair for people who didn't have HPV and only learned later on that they would loose out just because of HPV which takes 7 months, while they had everything to proof they were eligible. The HPV wasn't an issue for not getting the GC on time.

I understand what you are saying and it is better to start on time, but it seems she is right from what I heard fro a lawyer as well.

Hello bentlebee,

I haven't heard of this issue from previous years and that's why it seems to me that something is not right. Although HPV vaccine was not required before July 2008, the Hepatitis A was and Hepatitis A shot requires two doses 6 months appart.

I extracted a part of the Questions and Answers from http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/July2008Q&A.pdf

"The HPV vaccine is required for females ages 11 through 26 years of age. As with all the vaccinations, because completion of a vaccine series often takes several months, applicants are currently not required to complete a series before being medically cleared to proceed with adjustment of status. They must, however, complete as many doses as was medically appropriate at the time the medical exam was conducted and are encouraged to follow-up with their primary physicians at a later date to finish any series. Further information and updates on the required medical exam and vaccines can be accessed at www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/health.htm"

I also extracted the following piece of information from http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil_ti_vacc_2008_two.htm

"3. For a person who has had no vaccines or whose vaccines are not up to date, do all doses of the required vaccines need to be given?

Because completion of the vaccine series often requires several months, applicants are not required to have received all doses of the ACIP-recommended vaccines to fulfill the vaccination requirements for adjustment of status to U.S. permanent residence. Rather, applicants are required to have received at least one dose of each vaccine and are encouraged to follow up with a primary health-care provider to complete the series once they are in the United States."

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I think that your lawyer and civil surgeon were all wrong.

Hello bentlebee,

I haven't heard of this issue from previous years and that's why it seems to me that something is not right. Although HPV vaccine was not required before July 2008, the Hepatitis A was and Hepatitis A shot requires two doses 6 months appart.

I extracted a part of the Questions and Answers from http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/July2008Q&A.pdf

"The HPV vaccine is required for females ages 11 through 26 years of age. As with all the vaccinations, because completion of a vaccine series often takes several months, applicants are currently not required to complete a series before being medically cleared to proceed with adjustment of status. They must, however, complete as many doses as was medically appropriate at the time the medical exam was conducted and are encouraged to follow-up with their primary physicians at a later date to finish any series. Further information and updates on the required medical exam and vaccines can be accessed at www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/health.htm"

I also extracted the following piece of information from http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil_ti_vacc_2008_two.htm

"3. For a person who has had no vaccines or whose vaccines are not up to date, do all doses of the required vaccines need to be given?

Because completion of the vaccine series often requires several months, applicants are not required to have received all doses of the ACIP-recommended vaccines to fulfill the vaccination requirements for adjustment of status to U.S. permanent residence. Rather, applicants are required to have received at least one dose of each vaccine and are encouraged to follow up with a primary health-care provider to complete the series once they are in the United States."

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I think that your lawyer and civil surgeon were all wrong.

]"The HPV vaccine is required for females ages 11 through 26 years of age. As with all the vaccinations, because completion of a vaccine series often takes several months, applicants are currently not required to complete a series before being medically cleared to proceed with adjustment of status. They must, however, complete as many doses as was medically appropriate at the time the medical exam was conducted and are encouraged to follow-up with their primary physicians at a later date to finish any series. Further information and updates on the required medical exam and vaccines can be accessed at www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/health.htm

Clearly it is stating what the civil surgeon and the lawyer both has stated. Your medical will be approved but still not finished and as both of them stated it won't keep you from going to the interview and pass the interview or not! In your piece nothing says if you get the GC or not....only that you can proceed in the US. If you do AOS the person is already in the USA....I wasn't talking about a person doing CP which is not what my friend is doing and not what was discussed with the lawyer neither the civil surgeon. The AOS process won't be completed until you had all vaccinations and than you can obtain the GC, but it won't keep you from getting it. How it will be in case of CP, i can't answer it but in your quote it doesn't say if you get the GC...it only is stating you can go further with your AOS! According to the civil surgeon the person has to finish all vaccins before the waiver they got to finish it...will be signed of....

I never stated the medical wasn't going to be finished....and neither did I say that the person couldn't get the interview....

I'm not stating what I like to write, just what I was told and what she clearly was stating to all others.

The best advise is for all people in the categorie who need the HPV to get it a.s.a.p. not only for the DV lottery, it is a good thing to get for all girls.

]"The HPV vaccine is required for females ages 11 through 26 years of age. As with all the vaccinations, because completion of a vaccine series often takes several months, applicants are currently not required to complete a series before being medically cleared to proceed with adjustment of status. They must, however, complete as many doses as was medically appropriate at the time the medical exam was conducted and are encouraged to follow-up with their primary physicians at a later date to finish any series. Further information and updates on the required medical exam and vaccines can be accessed at www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/health.htm

Clearly it is stating what the civil surgeon and the lawyer both has stated. Your medical will be approved but still not finished and as both of them stated it won't keep you from going to the interview and pass the interview or not! In your piece nothing says if you get the GC or not....only that you can proceed in the US. If you do AOS the person is already in the USA....I wasn't talking about a person doing CP which is not what my friend is doing and not what was discussed with the lawyer neither the civil surgeon. The AOS process won't be completed until you had all vaccinations and than you can obtain the GC, but it won't keep you from getting it. How it will be in case of CP, i can't answer it but in your quote it doesn't say if you get the GC...it only is stating you can go further with your AOS! According to the civil surgeon the person has to finish all vaccins before the waiver they got to finish it...will be signed of....

I never stated the medical wasn't going to be finished....and neither did I say that the person couldn't get the interview....

I'm not stating what I like to write, just what I was told and what she clearly was stating to all others.

The best advise is for all people in the categorie who need the HPV to get it a.s.a.p. not only for the DV lottery, it is a good thing to get for all girls.

OK, what is real clear to me is that you read and interpret whatever you want. I hope people don't get confused with your long and going no where statements...

Updates on Biometrics appointment

Hey friends,
:) I just received the biometrics appointment for me and my spouse for Nov 2nd and Nov 3rd. I thought the dates would be same for both of us.... I am just happy I received them.

By the way I am guessing we do not need an infopass appointment because the notice I received should be enough. Any thoughts?

I think Maila got his answers!

But let's not confuse people here. I don't think someone will get their GC denied or revoked later on because they didn't follow up and finish their Vaccinations. I think those statements are just FYI for people to be on the safe side on their own health as far as vaccines are concerned. If one was required to finish all series of doses later on after the GC has been given, I don't think a lot of people would still have their GCs by now.

For example, I had my records, and my CS filled out my past vaccines, but my husband had no records, the CS just filled the current date for each, and that's it, which I think is fine.

So Bentlebee, you want to tell me my husband won't get his GC until the series are finished? I'm sorry, but I've never heard of this before. I think that's why they have those statements i2009 posted. Unless I didn't understand what you said.

Hey friends,
:) I just received the biometrics appointment for me and my spouse for Nov 2nd and Nov 3rd. I thought the dates would be same for both of us.... I am just happy I received them.

By the way I am guessing we do not need an infopass appointment because the notice I received should be enough. Any thoughts?

Yaay! I don't think you need an Infopass!

Hey friends,

Congratulations!!!! It's great to hear that all the cases are moving smoothly. Why do you ask about the infopass? is that you were thinking on taking an infopass to take a walk-in biometrics/fingerprints? I don't think you need one now that you received the appointment.

Good luck!

Yes they are, let's hope they continue like this. All the best!

Hello Daima,

Congratulations! I too am current in November and seeing your case makes me wonder if I should submit everything now.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Congratulations!!!! It's great to hear that all the cases are moving smoothly. Why do you ask about the infopass? is that you were thinking on taking an infopass to take a walk-in biometrics/fingerprints? I don't think you need one now that you received the appointment.

Good luck!

Thank you i2009,
I was just curious if we needed infopass. The appointment letter says you need to take the letter with you for biometrics. So that should be the appointment.

Good luck to you too. So are you planning to send your AOS packet now are are you waiting for Nov 1?

I have a question for those who filed the Advance Parole and/or Employment Authorization applications along with the I-485 and that received the NOA. Did you guys include 3 sets of 2 photographs (2 for the I-485, 2 for the I-131, and 2 for I-765) or just 2 photographs for the whole package?

This question was asked in previous years but the answers that I found were from people that had not received the NOA at that time.

Thank you!

Thank you i2009,
I was just curious if we needed infopass. The appointment letter says you need to take the letter with you for biometrics. So that should be the appointment.

Good luck to you too. So are you planning to send your AOS packet now are are you waiting for Nov 1?

Hello simple man,

No, you don't need an infopass for this. Yes, you need to take the appointment letter with you to the appointment (along with a photo ID). They will scan its barcode and it also contains information of the type (if they have to take fingerprints, photographs, both).

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I can't wait to sent my package but I think that I should wait for November 1st.

I have a question for those who filed the Advance Parole and/or Employment Authorization applications along with the I-485 and that received the NOA. Did you guys include 3 sets of 2 photographs (2 for the I-485, 2 for the I-131, and 2 for I-765) or just 2 photographs for the whole package?

This question was asked in previous years but the answers that I found were from people that had not received the NOA at that time.

Thank you!

I had just 2 photos each for me and my spouse for the whole packet and I did fill both the I-131 and I-765.