• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hey guys,
This is a question for those who already filed AOS. I'm almost done preparing my own AOS package and I noticed that when I print Form G-325a is not showing my parents birth dates in full. Did you also have the same issue? If so, what did you do?
Thanks in advance for your wise advice[/QUOTE

Just like Simple man said, print the form and fill that part by hand.

Leave it open and print it with a black pen. The civil surgeon mentioned that on her form she had the same issue and she had to print it out several times, but found a trick to get around it, but we forgot how she did it. She did mention that if you make your paper look messy you can get trouble later on and stated it was very important not to have any mistakes or cross outs on any paper. So if you only have to print these 2 dates in a neat hand writing it is better than it not having correct. My friend send it in the way I dexcribed...it almost looked like even these dates were printed on the comp.

Hey guys,
This is a question for those who already filed AOS. I'm almost done preparing my own AOS package and I noticed that when I print Form G-325a is not showing my parents birth dates in full. Did you also have the same issue? If so, what did you do?
Thanks in advance for your wise advice

Same problem same solution as bentlebee!;)

Noa

Hi Everybody,
If I understand correctly, until now, people who received already their NOA(s) are the ones which CN has become current in October, is that correct ?

No more issues with form G-325a

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. That is exactly what I'm gonna do.

Hi Marley,

What are the vaccines men has to take? Do you think insurance covers it?

Thanks.

Hey Maila,

We live in Chicago. I called 6-7 places. The prices were relatively similar….$150 physical, which includes HIV western BLOT test, and the rest is whatever you need. I needed everything…..RPR, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Flu, DT Adult, PPD injectable. It cost me $390. Women: if under 27 years of age, first time this year need HPV vaccine (Human Papilloma Virus), total of three injections ($145+$180+$180). We did everything but the physical at our personal physician’s office and brought the results to the civil surgeon. My insurance covered the visits to our physician. In the end we paid $300 for physicals and about $100 out-of-pocket for doctors visits (x-rays, some deductibles). My wife has not gotten the last HPV but it is in six months and you can skip it. We will get it tough, since it is covered %100 from the insurance.
My advice is, call around shop for price. A friend of mine found a CS to do the total immi package for $155, no insurance no nothing.

Hi Marley,

Thanks.

Hey Maila, do you have any records from back home? I had my parents go to the hospital and make mine. If you are able to get a record of any vaccines then that might help you.
I am in Minnesota and it cost me a little over $300 cos I had to take x-ray. Best thing is to call the surgeons and ask them for rough estimate.
I had to take my MMR shots. The surgeon also tests for HIV, syphilis and TB. If you test +ve for TB then you need to get an x-ray.
Call the certified surgeons and get the prices

Hey Maila, do you have any records from back home? I had my parents go to the hospital and make mine. If you are able to get a record of any vaccines then that might help you.
I am in Minnesota and it cost me a little over $300 cos I had to take x-ray. Best thing is to call the surgeons and ask them for rough estimate.
I had to take my MMR shots. The surgeon also tests for HIV, syphilis and TB. If you test +ve for TB then you need to get an x-ray.
Call the certified surgeons and get the prices

Hi Simple man,

Thanks for the info. So, which vaccinations record you got from home? Do you need to get it from govt. hospital or any pvt nursing home will do? And can you send me the list of vaccines required. I am working so my insurance may cover it but first I need to know which vacs are required. Thanks for your help and good luck.

Hi Marley,

Thanks.

Hello maila,

We called several certified surgeon in the Philadelphia area and the prices and requirements were different from one place to another. They would ask from $170 to $400 each and the results would be ready from 1 to 2 weeks.

We paid $170 per adult and 75 per child. For male adult, they asked for MMR, TD, and Varicella vaccines only. The rest of the vaccines in the list were checked as "Not Age Appropriate" by the surgeon.

I understand that the insurance does not cover the vaccines.

Hey Maila,

We live in Chicago. I called 6-7 places. The prices were relatively similar….$150 physical, which includes HIV western BLOT test, and the rest is whatever you need. I needed everything…..RPR, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Flu, DT Adult, PPD injectable. It cost me $390. Women: if under 27 years of age, first time this year need HPV vaccine (Human Papilloma Virus), total of three injections ($145+$180+$180). We did everything but the physical at our personal physician’s office and brought the results to the civil surgeon. My insurance covered the visits to our physician. In the end we paid $300 for physicals and about $100 out-of-pocket for doctors visits (x-rays, some deductibles). My wife has not gotten the last HPV but it is in six months and you can skip it. We will get it tough, since it is covered %100 from the insurance.
My advice is, call around shop for price. A friend of mine found a CS to do the total immi package for $155, no insurance no nothing.

If you are female and under 18 yrs old you can get the HPV for free at the Health department. According to the civil surgeon you won't receive your final approval from USCIS till you received all 3 dosis, which is understandable. It doesn't prevent you from receiving your GC even if the Sept. 30th date has come by or they are out of visa's...you will get the GC if they approve you after you had your interview but your status will stay approved pending upon proof of receiving the last dose....It takes 7 months to have the HPV completed so females have to start a.s.a.p. if they haven't gotten it already...Only pregnant woman or woman with a pre condition who aren't allowed to get the vaccin will be able to skip this vaccin.

If you don't have proof of your immunizations they will give you a blood test to detect what you had and what not, but it will add to the cost.

My friend had all her proof incl. HPV and just got a blood test for Syphilis/HIV and TB...2 days later she could pick up her enveloppe + copy and the cost were $ 100.-.

Medical

If you are female and under 18 yrs old you can get the HPV for free at the Health department. According to the civil surgeon you won't receive your final approval from USCIS till you received all 3 dosis, which is understandable. It doesn't prevent you from receiving your GC even if the Sept. 30th date has come by or they are out of visa's...you will get the GC if they approve you after you had your interview but your status will stay approved pending upon proof of receiving the last dose....It takes 7 months to have the HPV completed so females have to start a.s.a.p. if they haven't gotten it already...Only pregnant woman or woman with a pre condition who aren't allowed to get the vaccin will be able to skip this vaccin.

If you don't have proof of your immunizations they will give you a blood test to detect what you had and what not, but it will add to the cost.

My friend had all her proof incl. HPV and just got a blood test for Syphilis/HIV and TB...2 days later she could pick up her enveloppe + copy and the cost were $ 100.-.

bentlebee,

Very good addition regarding the HPV, bentlebee . I missed that in my original post. My insurance covers it %100 so we got two already. Last one we will get in four months. So females go right away to do the HPV vaccine.

Hi Simple man,

Thanks for the info. So, which vaccinations record you got from home? Do you need to get it from govt. hospital or any pvt nursing home will do? And can you send me the list of vaccines required. I am working so my insurance may cover it but first I need to know which vacs are required. Thanks for your help and good luck.

I got it from the government hospital.
I am @ school right now I don't have my records. Will let you know later in the evening regarding the list of vaccines.

Vaccinations - Waiver

This is from the uscis.gov web site:

Q: Does USCIS require that all shots in each vaccine series be completed before applying for adjustment of status?

No. The applicant must have received all the required age-appropriate vaccines that could be given at the time of the medical exam. If the applicant has started the vaccination series, but is not able to complete all the required shots because, at the time of the medical exam, the minimum time interval between shots has not passed, the applicant may still apply for adjustment of status. A waiver is available in cases where, due to required time intervals, it was impossible for the applicant to receive all shots in the series before submitting the application for adjustment of status.

For example, the Hepatitis A vaccine requires that applicant receive two doses of vaccine, six months apart. If the applicant receives the first dose in January, he or she does not have to wait until July, when the second dose would be given, to submit the adjustment of status application. However, the applicant must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine, if appropriate, before applying for adjustment of status.

Good links...that is exactly what the civil surgeon stated...you get a waiver but not your GC before you finished all the shots and the civil surgeon has signed of on the vaccinations being finished. She added it will not a case that your GC will be denied even if you won't finish it before the deadline but you won't get your visa stamped before you have finished...her words + she told every one who came into her office not to wait and delay the process, specially with the DV lottery.

Many people do AOS, not only DV winners...and in their case they have different time lines.

People who enter the DV lottery might want to start to look at their vaccinations upfront..specially the females under 27 and above 12, who need to get the HPV, which is not only good to get because of the DV lottery!

Btw Soon their will be a HPV vaccin (maybe with a different name, but to prevent a certain STD'S)for boys/man as well...so keep folowing the process. It was in this weeks newspaper that it will come and the civil surgeon mentioned it also, that it could be mandatory (except a few medical or religous....) in upcoming years...

Good links...that is exactly what the civil surgeon stated...you get a waiver but not your GC before you finished all the shots and the civil surgeon has signed of on the vaccinations being finished. She added it will not a case that your GC will be denied even if you won't finish it before the deadline but you won't get your visa stamped before you have finished...her words + she told every one who came into her office not to wait and delay the process, specially with the DV lottery.

Many people do AOS, not only DV winners...and in their case they have different time lines.

People who enter the DV lottery might want to start to look at their vaccinations upfront..specially the females under 27 and above 12, who need to get the HPV, which is not only good to get because of the DV lottery!

Btw Soon their will be a HPV vaccin (maybe with a different name, but to prevent a certain STD'S)for boys/man as well...so keep folowing the process. It was in this weeks newspaper that it will come and the civil surgeon mentioned it also, that it could be mandatory (except a few medical or religous....) in upcoming years...

Hello bentlebee,

That's not what I understand by the meaning of "waiver". Anyone knows about this?

One surgeon's opinion does not mean that it is a fact. You got to think that the rules of the DV program say that DV visas may not be issued to DV applicants after September 30. Something does not match with what your surgeon said...

Thank you guys. Appreciate everyones invaluable inputs and suggestions. Such a wonderful resource.
Me and my wife both are over 30 yrs. So, if I understand correctly:

Male adults has to take these vacs which you guys mentioned: MMR, TD, and Varicella vaccines only. No HPV required.

For Female adults: so I assume it will be the same like male? Because it seems if woman is older than 27 yr then you dont require HPV?

Please correct me if I am wrong?

Appreciate everyones input. BTW, I do not have any records of vaccination.