• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

grtzzz!!! :)... I ll check mine tomorrow morning

Hello hek123,

You should be receiving your NOA soon. Have you verified if your check has been cashed?

My package was delivered on Saturday October 24th and the receipt date is Sunday October 25th. Isn't it weird?

Good luck!

Hello hek123,

You should be receiving your NOA soon. Have you verified if your check has been cashed?

My package was delivered on Saturday October 24th and the receipt date is Sunday October 25th. Isn't it weird?

Good luck!

I haven't verified yet. I am going to do it tomorrow morning. it is weird, but they do A LOT of weird things:) . This is just one of them :)

What do you suggest?

Hi guys..
I made a mistake filling the I-485 and changed 1 number in my address (me and wife). I received NOA's for I-765 and I-485 with a remark by the mailman "wrong address". I went online and changed the address and days later received the Appointment for biometrics (still wrong address) for my wife but not for me :confused:. Then we received a note confirming the change of address for both I-485.
I called USCIS but they said that the appointment have been sent and I have to wait 30 days after they sent the notification if I don't receive the document. This is the same thing that I can read online checking my case (the guys on the phone seems to be reading/reciting this very same info).

What do you suggest?

update: check cashed!!!

Hey guys
Good news. My check has been cashed..What a relief! I can now expect the NOA soon. For once, it felt good to see money being transacted out of my account...LOL.

Hi guys..
I made a mistake filling the I-485 and changed 1 number in my address (me and wife). I received NOA's for I-765 and I-485 with a remark by the mailman "wrong address". I went online and changed the address and days later received the Appointment for biometrics (still wrong address) for my wife but not for me :confused:. Then we received a note confirming the change of address for both I-485.
I called USCIS but they said that the appointment have been sent and I have to wait 30 days after they sent the notification if I don't receive the document. This is the same thing that I can read online checking my case (the guys on the phone seems to be reading/reciting this very same info).

What do you suggest?

Hello Yaku,

Sorry to hear about your address issue. Amazing that they commit these kind of mistakes.

I would suggest to take an InfoPass and see if they can take your biometrics during your wife's appointment.

I have heard a lot exactly what you said about calling the USCIS and that they don't give more information than what you can see online.

Good luck

Hey guys
Good news. My check has been cashed..What a relief! I can now expect the NOA soon. For once, it felt good to see money being transacted out of my account...LOL.

Congratulations Lome4ever! You should expect your NOA in 1 or 2 days.

Good luck!

Thanks Daima,

I am anxious about the whole process. I hope that everyone gets their GC soon and without complications.

Good luck with your biometrics interview. You should be receiving your interview appointment soon.

I will have my fingers crossed for all of you guys.

Thanks, will keep you guys updated, ofcourse!

URGENT help please

Hi everybody,

I have been reading these forums for a week now and I would say that I have witnessed a lot through these posts.

My cn is 2010EU00000xxx. I know that it is current for a long time. I haven't send the AOS package till now. Some other stuff came up so I had to wait.
Anyway, I just want to be sure about few things. If you can confirm or advise for the below, it would be such a relief.

1 -AOS package includes : I485+G325A + I 765 (optional) +coppies of the supporting docs. like birthcertificate, ..... etc and finally medical form I 693 sealed envelope is that right ?

2-$1010 / I 485 fee check will also be included in this AOS package and everything is going to : USCIS Lockbox / USCIS P.O. Box 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120 ??????

3-This $1010 check must be payable to " U.S. Department of Homeland Secuity" ??

4-I m on H1b status working for 5 years now, do i need to send I864 Affidavit of Support . I will add the copies of my latest paychecks and W2 forms with in the supporting docs, would that be enough ??

5-Finally If i send I 765, I dont need to pay anything additional to $1010 right ?

Other than losing time , I believe I am not late for anything. !!??? I hope:confused::confused:

Thank you and good luck for all.

Hi everybody,

I have been reading these forums for a week now and I would say that I have witnessed a lot through these posts.

My cn is 2010EU00000xxx. I know that it is current for a long time. I haven't send the AOS package till now. Some other stuff came up so I had to wait.
Anyway, I just want to be sure about few things. If you can confirm or advise for the below, it would be such a relief.

1 -AOS package includes : I485+G325A + I 765 (optional) +coppies of the supporting docs. like birthcertificate, ..... etc and finally medical form I 693 sealed envelope is that right ?

2-$1010 / I 485 fee check will also be included in this AOS package and everything is going to : USCIS Lockbox / USCIS P.O. Box 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120 ??????

4-I m on H1b status working for 5 years now, do i need to send I864 Affidavit of Support . I will add the copies of my latest paychecks and W2 forms with in the supporting docs, would that be enough ??

5-Finally If i send I 765, I dont need to pay anything additional to $1010 right ?

Other than losing time , I believe I am not late for anything. !!??? I hope:confused::confused:

Hello ohyeahh,

I answer your questions below:

1) Correct and yes, Forms I765 and I131 are optional.

2) Yes, the payment must be included in the AOS package. The PO Box address is correct when sending the package using USPS.

3) Correct.

4) This one is a little tricky. First, the form I-864 is not suitable for DV cases, the I-134 is. The instructions do not say that we need to submit the I-134 with the AOS package but the Immigration Officer may require it (or the I-864) at the time of the interview. Some people have submitted the I-134 with the AOS package.

5) You are right, no fee is required for I-765 and/or I-131.

Note, if you use your Employment Authorization you are abandoning your current H1B status. If you lose your H1B status, you should not travel using your H1B until the Green Card is granted. If you plan on traveling under this condition, you need to apply for an Advance Parole (I-131).

Good luck!

Hey,

I lost my oritinal letter (NL1) from KCC. In that letter, it states that what kind of document that I need to bring for an interview. What I remember was that I need to prepare police report from my home country. If you have list of document to bring with you for an interview, would you please let me know. Thanks

Thank you so much for the quick response. I m not planning to go anywhere but Ill keep your advise in mind.

I heard that it would take 3-6 months for the interview once you submit AOS PAckage
so i am assuming , if everything goes ok. I might receive the GC by mid April ??
Do you have any comment on this ?

Hey,

I lost my oritinal letter (NL1) from KCC. In that letter, it states that what kind of document that I need to bring for an interview. What I remember was that I need to prepare police report from my home country. If you have list of document to bring with you for an interview, would you please let me know. Thanks

Hello Hani,

I understand that the list of documents in the NL1 only applies for Consular Processing and it varies depending upon the country of the interview. The interview letter should list the documents that the Officer requires. As far as I know, the police report(s) is not required for AOS as they conduct the FBI check.

I don't have my list here but I can copy it here tonight. Let me know.

Hi i2009,

Please copy it for me.
In my case, they didn't request to birng anything.
They only ask bring the interview appointment letter.
At least i need to bring my passport if they make a decision right away and stamped on my passport, right?
I want to bring whatever I have all, in case the official asks something suddenly and prevent delaying processing.
Thanks a lot.

Hello Hani,

I understand that the list of documents in the NL1 only applies for Consular Processing and it varies depending upon the country of the interview. The interview letter should list the documents that the Officer requires. As far as I know, the police report(s) is not required for AOS as they conduct the FBI check.

I don't have my list here but I can copy it here tonight. Let me know.

Thank you so much for the quick response. I m not planning to go anywhere but Ill keep your advise in mind.

I heard that it would take 3-6 months for the interview once you submit AOS PAckage
so i am assuming , if everything goes ok. I might receive the GC by mid April ??
Do you have any comment on this ?

Hi ohyeahh,

Nobody can tell for sure how long you have to wait for your interview but I think that it will take less than 3 months based on others experiences. Of course, every case is different and it also depends on the Field Office and any complications that could arise during the process.

Some of the members in this forum have already received their interview appointment for mid November. Let's hope that all the cases keep moving quickly.

Hi i2009,

Please copy it for me.
In my case, they didn't request to birng anything.
They only ask bring the interview appointment letter.
At least i need to bring my passport if they make a decision right away and stamped on my passport, right?
I want to bring whatever I have all, in case the official asks something suddenly and prevent delaying processing.
Thanks a lot.

Hello Hani,

I'll copy the list of documentations this evening for you. They say that they don't stamp your passport anymore but you definitely need to bring it along with all the originals of the copies that you submitted with your AOS package. Don't forget to bring your current I-94.

I am anxious about your interview, it seems that you are the first one. I am sure that everything will be alright!

I have my fingerprints appointment tomorrow and my friend told me that i need to have pictures with me tomorrow ...is that true?

thank youuu!

Hi everybody,

I am on the same situation with you. For item 4: i am planning to send last two paychecks + year 2008 w2. I believe/hope this should be enough for proof of income. I am not planning to prepare I-134. I would prepare it only if they ask me to bring it to interview. I will submit my application soon as well (current in december).