• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi zubi,

That's it, CPO means you are approved.
Congratulations on your new status. Use
it responsibly...

hi everybody!
i just notice that my current case status for form I-485 moved form acceptance to card/document production . i think i got it!!!. what do you think? i need some explanation.

Hi maila,

It is good to hear from you. It is
also great to get the good news.
Congratulations and live in peace
as family...

Update: GREEN CARD Visa Approved and Received. Finally we received our green card visa today. Everything went smooth. Thank you Capeolive, NuvF, Izzy, i2009, Sumeet and all who helped me. I will write more in detail when we arrive back to US. But I do suggest everyone: do CP if you can, it is much much easier and less stressful than you will think.

Peace.....

Last edited by a moderator:
organizing paper work

Hi guys,

I am putting my things together and need a little advice.

I got a cover letter which is basically a list of all docs I am going to submit.

Should I put a sticky on the very button of the every docs with the number from my cover letter? I got blue post-its, but it looks kind of crippy when I paste them:)

Should I put my DV number of every single page of my package?

Could you please share your experience regarding organizing your package:)

It sounds kind silly and my hubby thinks I am crazy, but i want it to be done the right way.

Thank you:)

Hi lisa6,

You should write the case number with
a pencil on upper right hand side of each
document you are submitting, even on the
back of the pictures...

No, you are not crazy. Even if
you are, you are not alone...

Hi guys,

I am putting my things together and need a little advice.

I got a cover letter which is basically a list of all docs I am going to submit.

Should I put a sticky on the very button of the every docs with the number from my cover letter? I got blue post-its, but it looks kind of crippy when I paste them:)

Should I put my DV number of every single page of my package?

Could you please share your experience regarding organizing your package:)

It sounds kind silly and my hubby thinks I am crazy, but i want it to be done the right way.

Thank you:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everybody!
i just notice that my current case status for form I-485 moved form acceptance to card/document production . i think i got it!!!. what do you think? i need some explanation.

Ah...grt...that's it...you're done!!
Congrats!!

whats wrong with USCIS updates online ..... this was my 3rd update in 1 week .... first of all i saw an update on my status to CPO on 15th of september and then again it was updated to CPO on 20th of september and now they have updated to PDA today ....i donno whts goin on here ... also i received my welcome notice 2 days back and they also send me a new biometrics appointment along with the welcome letter for 30th of september ?????? i have already done my biometrics on 5th of august and it was accepted ..... i talked to the customer care and they told me to wait for a week until i get a response from the USCIS office new orleans ....what must be wrong???/ you guys have any idea ????

Hi insaneanil,

I can explain it to you but I will make it short.

Congratulations, PDA means your card has been mailed...

whats wrong with USCIS updates online ..... this was my 3rd update in 1 week .... first of all i saw an update on my status to CPO on 15th of september and then again it was updated to CPO on 20th of september and now they have updated to PDA today ....i donno whts goin on here ... also i received my welcome notice 2 days back and they also send me a new biometrics appointment along with the welcome letter for 30th of september ?????? i have already done my biometrics on 5th of august and it was accepted ..... i talked to the customer care and they told me to wait for a week until i get a response from the USCIS office new orleans ....what must be wrong???/ you guys have any idea ????

ohhhhh ......i just realized after going through yours updates .... PDA came after CPO .... !!! sorry for the confusion ... but still i don't under stand why have they scheduled another biometrics for me on 30th of september ?????

Because, they are bunch of "human beings"...

ohhhhh ......i just realized after going through yours updates .... PDA came after CPO .... !!! sorry for the confusion ... but still i don't under stand why have they scheduled another biometrics for me on 30th of september ?????

Dear DV 2010 Winners,

there is one week left. I hope you will all have received your Green Card by this time. Best of luck in your new life , for teh new "you" as a Permanent Resident of the USA.
cheers

You got two options:

A. Wait,
B. Read the signatures of people who have already gotten their cards.

P.S. We still have some responsible people
who have taken their time to include their
signatures with their posts...

so what is next now?

Hello
Thank you for this great site, I have learned a lot. you have very experts like capeolive and many others. it is like a personal lawyer thanks.
I am filing for immigration through my wife is a citizen. I am from Egypt and military service is mandatory, how did any of you fill out their AOS form with that information to avoid confusion, it is very important . answer of questions 16 and part 3 and others

Hello
Thank you for this great site, I have learned a lot. you have very experts like capeolive and many others. it is like a personal lawyer thanks.
I am filing for immigration through my wife is a citizen. I am from Egypt and military service is mandatory, how did any of you fill out their AOS form with that information to avoid confusion, it is very important . answer of questions 16 and part 3 and others

zooyat,
i too did mandatory military service in my country. i answered truthfully and attached my military service certs and discharge cert with my application. i enclosed a note stating that military service is mandatory for all 18 year old males in my country too. don't forget to also declare in one of the sections that you had arms/weapons training. there is no harm or negative effect on your application.

Hi zooyat,

Unless one has committed crimes during his service,
doing compulsory military service would not be a
problem. Plus both countries are friends after all...

Hello

@@@@@@@@@@@@@feel. i was going to email u this message but the inbox was full so here it is
"it doest matter what the date is. all it matters i that you won thedv for 2011 and let me tell you one thing. You are your self complicating your case. submit the one you have and forget thiking about those that you dont have. Now since you have already got your NL from KCC and they certify it as a original tha what u have to worry about. ANd ya I forgot, that i send the copy of the 1st letter from my lawyer, but than again, showed the one I got from KCC for my interview. so for now jut close thetopic about your 1St NL and go to the other things that u have to do..
answer to the second one. I got it from KCC but since I messed it up I got it online.
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html"

@winnerdv11 u can send me some private message and i will try to answer it. and about your question earlier. write "AOS"

Update: GREEN CARD Visa Approved and Received. Finally we received our green card visa today. Everything went smooth. Thank you Capeolive, NuvF, Izzy, i2009, Sumeet and all who helped me. I will write more in detail when we arrive back to US. But I do suggest everyone: do CP if you can, it is much much easier and less stressful than you will think.

Peace.....

Congrats maila! i was waiting to hear this...
Congrats zubi!!!