• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congratulations zuno, frenchic,winee10, shariifka......
and especially to you Summet..... !!!!!
I am sooo happy for you guys.
I hope you are enjoying in your freedom.
I hope all others will get green cards till FY ending.
Best of luck to all of you!!!

Hey fellow 2010s
Does adding recommendation letter or resume to AOS package help? hurt? what are your thought and experiences?

Thanks

Hey fellow 2010s
Does adding recommendation letter or resume to AOS package help? hurt? what are your thought and experiences?

Thanks

khayat,
i included my resume at the end of my package. i do not know whether it helped or not, or whether it was actually read by the ao. but my rationale was simply to include it, hoping it will strengthen my case.

Hi winnerdv11,

You can put it on the left hand side under your address...

I got little confused. Do I need to put my case number outside of the envelope, if "yes" then where to put. Normally left side of the envelope will have my name and address, rightside would have the Chicago lock box address, where to put the dv case number.

thanks you

Hi winnerdv11,

It depends on when you paid it but
it will be wise to email KCC and ask them...

here is what I saw in the DV website in July when they increased the fee. I already paid in JUne. My paid receipt date was JUne 18, thats why I didnot paid the difference. Now I saw someone has paid the difference and I am worried now.
Although it doesnot mentioned about the DV fee but I thought it applies to all the fees.

Important Notice - New Immigrant Application Fees: Immigrant visa application processing fees and other immigrant visa services fees changed on July 13, 2010, and immigrant visa application processing fees are now tiered. (There is no longer one single visa application fee for all immigrant categories.) Applicants will have to pay the full fees in effect on the day they apply, with the exception of applicants whose fees are collected by the National Visa Center (NVC). Applicants whose fees are collected by NVC, both prior to and after July 13, 2010, will be required to pay only the fees in effect on the day they are billed. Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees. (Review additional information, including a cost of service study on the www.Regulations.gov website.) "

Hi new one,

It is good to see you around after so long.

Thank you for your kind words and good wishes.

You have my best wishes and prayers for rest of your life.

I am glad you were one of my 2010 DV AOS Only classmates.

Meet with good ones, be good yourself and have a good life...

Hi capeolive,

I have been away for a wile.
I needed a lot of time to catch up
with all posts.
But I was looking for good news from you!
I was soooo happy when I saw that
your family got visas.
So great!!!!! Congratulations!!!
Amazing, finally!!!!!
But never forget that good things
happened to good people!!!

I am really happy for you and your family!
I wish you all the best and hope that new status
will bring you happiness.

And once more thank you for being here for all of us!
You will always have my best!

Dear Capeolive!!!!!!!!! Dear friend!!!!!!! I am so sincerely glad for you. I would like to thank you one million times for responsiveness, kindness and professionalism!!! I wish you and your family prosperity and well-being in this incredible country!!!!! Thank you for everything!!!!!!!!!!

Hi mechta,

Thank you for your kind words.
It is good to have friends like
yourself. I am sure you must be
ready for October 1st. But still
you got my best wishes and prayers
for your upcoming process. May you
have a smooth and quick process...

You extra lucky one with only 3 digits!

Dear Capeolive!!!!!!!!! Dear friend!!!!!!! I am so sincerely glad for you. I would like to thank you one million times for responsiveness, kindness and professionalism!!! I wish you and your family prosperity and well-being in this incredible country!!!!! Thank you for everything!!!!!!!!!!

thanks a lot for yourwishs winnerdv11. so far nothing has changed coz i want to get the things around me" graduate" first b4 I use the benefits of it, this is my last sem at school hope this card will help bring greenery in my life.
P.S guys I heard that now the wait period for the green card holder to bring their wife to states has significantly decreases and its easier to get the spouse here. I would be glad is any one can just bring some light at the end of this fiscal year, cozI know a lot of winner here who got their GF or wife back home wants to bring them here as soon as possible.
Note: by wife I mean those who got married after getting green card or after having their 1st NL or 2ndNL.
I just called KCC and the customer rep. told me "no need to pay the difference". Anyway I have also sent an email as per your suggestion- Summet.

Summet, Congratulations, I have not had a chance to congratulate you properly. May all your wishes/dreams come true and have a " happy, healthy and wealthy rest of your life"

Thank you guys

Hi Summet, Capeolive or any other experts

The address has been changed, although not the whole thing. Today I was checking the I-485 instruction and I saw the address is like below:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Is the "FBAS" and "AOS" same? If the I-485 instruction says above address, then we supposed to send on that one right? Can I put "AOS" instead of "FBAS"?

Any ideas guys?

Summet: Can I send u a private message in case if I need help/suggestion with something? Since u guys are done and fiscal year is about to end for 2010. I am assuming u guys won't be checking this forum more often. Capeolive has announced in the earlier thread that he won't be taking private message. Only few of you guys have extensive knowledge on DV AOS. It would be nice of you if you allow me to ask you some questions in future if needed. I promise I won't bug u much, unless necessary.

Thanks

thanks a lot for yourwishs winnerdv11. so far nothing has changed coz i want to get the things around me" graduate" first b4 I use the benefits of it, this is my last sem at school hope this card will help bring greenery in my life.
P.S guys I heard that now the wait period for the green card holder to bring their wife to states has significantly decreases and its easier to get the spouse here. I would be glad is any one can just bring some light at the end of this fiscal year, cozI know a lot of winner here who got their GF or wife back home wants to bring them here as soon as possible.
Note: by wife I mean those who got married after getting green card or after having their 1st NL or 2ndNL.

Hi winnerdv11,

My take on the subject is:

USCIS made a mistake by printing FBAS
I would send it as AOS. Because I know
that former means Family Based and latter
Adjustment of Status.

Probably, you would be fine by doing it their way...

The address has been changed, although not the whole thing. Today I was checking the I-485 instruction and I saw the address is like below:

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Is the "FBAS" and "AOS" same? If the I-485 instruction says above address, then we supposed to send on that one right? Can I put "AOS" instead of "FBAS"?

Any ideas guys?

Summet: Can I send u a private message in case if I need help/suggestion with something? Since u guys are done and fiscal year is about to end for 2010. I am assuming u guys won't be checking this forum more often. Capeolive has announced in the earlier thread that he won't be taking private message. Only few of you guys have extensive knowledge on DV AOS. It would be nice of you if you allow me to ask you some questions in future if needed. I promise I won't bug u much, unless necessary.

Thanks

Hi winnerdv11,

...By the way, all good things must come to an end!

There is NuvF on 2011 thread, he is an expert on the subject.

Also, izzy120 came a long way she can be great help as well...

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

hi everybody!
i just notice that my current case status for form I-485 moved form acceptance to card/document production . i think i got it!!!. what do you think? i need some explanation.

Update: GREEN CARD Visa Approved and Received. Finally we received our green card visa today. Everything went smooth. Thank you Capeolive, NuvF, Izzy, i2009, Sumeet and all who helped me. I will write more in detail when we arrive back to US. But I do suggest everyone: do CP if you can, it is much much easier and less stressful than you will think.

Peace.....

Hi new one,

It is good to see you around after so long.

Thank you for your kind words and good wishes.

You have my best wishes and prayers for rest of your life.

I am glad you were one of my 2010 DV AOS Only classmates.

Meet with good ones, be good yourself and have a good life...

Hi capeolive,

It happened to me to be very busy
after I got my green card.
But I am not complaining:D.
That small green piece of plastic,
give us a freedom, and chance to choose.
Every day I thank God that gave
me such a big opportunity.

Thank you for your nice words.
I am so happy that your family will reunite finally.

You always have my best! :D:D:D

Update: GREEN CARD Visa Approved and Received. Finally we received our green card visa today. Everything went smooth. Thank you Capeolive, NuvF, Izzy, i2009, Sumeet and all who helped me. I will write more in detail when we arrive back to US. But I do suggest everyone: do CP if you can, it is much much easier and less stressful than you will think.

Peace.....

Hi maila,

Congratulations!!!! Great news!!!
Enjoy your new status and you have my best wishes.

Hi maila,

I was wondering where you disappeared!!! I am so happy to hear that you got approved and the process was so much easier for you. Please fill us in once you get a chance. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Great Job! My best wishes to you for a happy, successful, healthy and wealthy life ahead! :D :D :D

Peace.....