• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

thanks Summet,

another question: when I send my documents to Chicago lock box. Do I need to say "ATTN: DIVERSITY VISA AOS" OR JUST "ATTN: AOS". What did you do?

thanks

If you have a A# you have to put it. it wont be a problem. I used 2 different A# for mine. when I applied for the AOS first time, I used the A# =, that i got during my OPT and then i got the new work permit withthe differnt A# however, my AOS case was declined for early filing, then when I applied for the AOS the second time I used the fresh A#. A# is the number assigned to the individual file such that its gonnabe easier to locate it later.

Capeolive,

CONGRATULATION !!!!! Very happy for you. At last you have got what you were deserving for a long time. Wish you all the best with your united life :)

Hi GBT,

Thank you for your prayers and good wishes.
You have my prayers and good wishes as well...

Good to hear that your family get the long awaited immigrant visa.
I hope Allah as always answered your prayers and his prophet- may peace be upon him.

Hi mitondaw,

Thank you. You and your family have my best wishes
and prayers as well. Live in peace...

Congratulations Capeolive!! You have been great on this forum and really helped us all unconditionaly. I pray that you and your family get the best of what the GC and living in the US can bring. Best wishes and may God bless you!!

hi Sundaram

how did you know that you need to pay additional "65 dollars". I have already paid my dv fee in July which was $ 375 at that time. I didnot pay the difference. Do I need to pay? I didnot see anyone has mentioned about this either. It would be helpful for all of us to know if we all need to pay the difference.
thank you

Capeolive,

Congrats, soooooooo happy for you.

Hi winnerdv11,

Thank you and you have my best wishes and prayers
for your process. Have a smooth and pleasant one...

You have brightened up the day with such a wonderful news. May all the dreams that your heart hold dear, come true, and may each day of life bring the best for you and your family.
Congratulations. Enjoy your success

Hi winnerdv11,

Use the A # you have.

Send the copies of I-20's and keep the originals with you for interview...

By the end of this month I will be applying for AOS. Since I have an approved I-140, that has an A # assigned to me. Now I am confused to put that A# on the DV AOS forms or not (whereever it is asked). I am wondering since that A# number is given for employment based, won't it be a problem if I put that A# to DV cases. Any sugesstions?
Another question I have is do I need to send all my I-20's with my AOS application. I have many many I-20's, approx. 4,5 pounds.
Thank you

Hi Summet,

Thank you. You as well have my best wishes
and prayers for your life ahead of you...

Congrulation capeolive.. this is indeed the best ending for your case. very very happy for u...may u have a very good future with your family here with you.

Hi shariifka,

Thank you. You have my best wishes and prayers
to be successful, happy and safe in this land...

Hi Capeolive,

Congratulations!!!!!! Wow, this is such great news. Your tireless efforts and prayers have definitely paid off as have your kindness, very helpful, and generous advice to so many 'STRANGERS' - indeed there are many good people out there and you are one of them. God bless you and your family and may this bring you all happiness, joy, and satisfaction.

Take care!

Hi shariifka,

Congratulations. I hope the card you got serves
you best in this country. May you meet with good
ones and have a good life yourself...

Hello good people,

Some good news from me as well. I received my welcome letter, Case Approval Notification and Green Card!!!!! The latter two came yesterday but the welcome letter came Thursday. Wow, what a relief! Many thanks to the host(s) of this forum and all of you helpful posters. May we all get the very best always.

Thanks,

Shariifka

Hi winnerdv11,

This is how I did it:

---------------------

Monday, February 8, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of
Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname -
Diversity Visa Lottery Winner
with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

--------------------

another question: when I send my documents to Chicago lock box. Do I need to say "ATTN: DIVERSITY VISA AOS" OR JUST "ATTN: AOS". What did you do?

thanks

Hi zahidal,

Thank you. You also have my best wishes
and prayers for your upcoming process...

Capeolive,

CONGRATULATION !!!!! Very happy for you. At last you have got what you were deserving for a long time. Wish you all the best with your united life :)

Hi winnerdv11,

I remember some applicants contacting the KCC
being told that they had to pay the difference of $65..

how did you know that you need to pay additional "65 dollars". I have already paid my dv fee in July which was $ 375 at that time. I didnot pay the difference. Do I need to pay? I didnot see anyone has mentioned about this either. It would be helpful for all of us to know if we all need to pay the difference.
thank you

thanks capeolive

I got little confused. Do I need to put my case number outside of the envelope, if "yes" then where to put. Normally left side of the envelope will have my name and address, rightside would have the Chicago lock box address, where to put the dv case number.

thanks you

Hi winnerdv11,

This is how I did it:

---------------------

Monday, February 8, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of
Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname -
Diversity Visa Lottery Winner
with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

--------------------

thanks capeolive for your quick response

here is what I saw in the DV website in July when they increased the fee. I already paid in JUne. My paid receipt date was JUne 18, thats why I didnot paid the difference. Now I saw someone has paid the difference and I am worried now.
Although it doesnot mentioned about the DV fee but I thought it applies to all the fees.

Important Notice - New Immigrant Application Fees: Immigrant visa application processing fees and other immigrant visa services fees changed on July 13, 2010, and immigrant visa application processing fees are now tiered. (There is no longer one single visa application fee for all immigrant categories.) Applicants will have to pay the full fees in effect on the day they apply, with the exception of applicants whose fees are collected by the National Visa Center (NVC). Applicants whose fees are collected by NVC, both prior to and after July 13, 2010, will be required to pay only the fees in effect on the day they are billed. Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees. (Review additional information, including a cost of service study on the www.Regulations.gov website.) "

Hi winnerdv11,

I remember some applicants contacting the KCC
being told that they had to pay the difference of $65..

I put AOS on my envelope, AOS will be enough and about the fee. call KCC and at the same time email them your condition. . on my case. i send this letter
Dear officer,

I am DV lottery 2010 winner and my case number is 2010AS00025XXX. I have already send the DV fees of $375 and have also got the receipt for it. At the same time I have also applied for the AOS processing. However, there has been a change in the fees structure and now the DV fees as posted on the DOS site is $65 more than its previous fees of $375. I have had the phone conversation with one of the officer where he said I don't have to pay no extra fees. But I am already at the end of the fiscal year so I just wanted to make sure that I don't have to be paying that fee. Would you be kind enough to look over my case number and reply me back as soon as possible if that fee doesn't apply for me.

thank you

sincerely

summet

case#2010AS00025XXX
and i got this reply
"If you have paid the $375 adjustment fee before July 13, 2010, the $440 amount does not apply."
u can send the email and call them at the same time such that u will also have a written proof, what ever the answer is going to be and you will be in safe side.

here is what I saw in the DV website in July when they increased the fee. I already paid in JUne. My paid receipt date was JUne 18, thats why I didnot paid the difference. Now I saw someone has paid the difference and I am worried now.
Although it doesnot mentioned about the DV fee but I thought it applies to all the fees.

Important Notice - New Immigrant Application Fees: Immigrant visa application processing fees and other immigrant visa services fees changed on July 13, 2010, and immigrant visa application processing fees are now tiered. (There is no longer one single visa application fee for all immigrant categories.) Applicants will have to pay the full fees in effect on the day they apply, with the exception of applicants whose fees are collected by the National Visa Center (NVC). Applicants whose fees are collected by NVC, both prior to and after July 13, 2010, will be required to pay only the fees in effect on the day they are billed. Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees. (Review additional information, including a cost of service study on the www.Regulations.gov website.) "

thank you

winnerdv11,

There were some conflicting answers from the person from KCC and USCIS regarding whether or not we need to pay the additional fee. From my understanding from the instructions of USCIS website we are okay without paying the additional fee. Here is the quote,"Important Notice - New Immigrant Application Fees: Immigrant visa application processing fees and other immigrant visa services fees changed on July 13, 2010, and immigrant visa application processing fees are now tiered. (There is no longer one single visa application fee for all immigrant categories.) Applicants will have to pay the full fees in effect on the day they apply, with the exception of applicants whose fees are collected by the National Visa Center (NVC). Applicants whose fees are collected by NVC, both prior to and after July 13, 2010, will be required to pay only the fees in effect on the day they are billed. Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees.(Review additional information, including a cost of service study on the www.Regulations.gov website.)"

I paid the difference because I just wanted to be on the safe side. As Capeolive and Summet mentioned try to call or email them. Maybe that will help you to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you Summet and Sundaram

I just called KCC and the customer rep. told me "no need to pay the difference". Anyway I have also sent an email as per your suggestion- Summet.

Summet, Congratulations, I have not had a chance to congratulate you properly. May all your wishes/dreams come true and have a " happy, healthy and wealthy rest of your life"

Thank you guys

I put AOS on my envelope, AOS will be enough and about the fee. call KCC and at the same time email them your condition. . on my case. i send this letter
Dear officer,

I am DV lottery 2010 winner and my case number is 2010AS00025XXX. I have already send the DV fees of $375 and have also got the receipt for it. At the same time I have also applied for the AOS processing. However, there has been a change in the fees structure and now the DV fees as posted on the DOS site is $65 more than its previous fees of $375. I have had the phone conversation with one of the officer where he said I don't have to pay no extra fees. But I am already at the end of the fiscal year so I just wanted to make sure that I don't have to be paying that fee. Would you be kind enough to look over my case number and reply me back as soon as possible if that fee doesn't apply for me.

thank you

sincerely

summet

case#2010AS00025XXX
and i got this reply
"If you have paid the $375 adjustment fee before July 13, 2010, the $440 amount does not apply."
u can send the email and call them at the same time such that u will also have a written proof, what ever the answer is going to be and you will be in safe side.

There is an Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

Finally, my family had their DV FTJ interviews at the
US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey and got their immigrant
visas sent to Istanbul where they live. I am grateful
that we are able to reunite after so many years.
Sometimes you have to get separated in order to
appreciate what you got. I have not planned it
this way though. As they say "things happen".

My DV process was very though. I have done what
I could and always prayed for the best. I know the
best is not always to live here in the States. But now
after getting it all together despite everything I can
say that it was meant for my family to live here.

There were some mistakes done by immigration
in my case like closing the case and sending it to
National Records Center instead of sending it to
the US Embassy in Turkey. But today is a day
of forgiveness for me. I forgive those who wronged
me unintentionally.

Today is also a day of gratitude. I would like to thank the
CIS Ombudsman and her staff, my Congressman and his
staff, Consul General and his staff, Philadelphia Field Office
InfoPass Supervisor and only one of her staff. Ladies and
gentlemen you have my sincere thanks and best wishes.
We, less fortunate people, need more people like yourselves.
Keep up the good work.

I thank the host of the forum Mr. Khanna and his staff,
thank you for having such a great service for years. This
is the best immigration forum especially for DV AOS
process.

I finally thank each and every one of you who have been
supporting me with their prayers and good wishes.

...on this good day, I should end my words as follows:

Praise be to God who has sent
Moses with Torah,
Jesus with Bible,
Muhammad with Qur'an.
God is the One and Only.
There is no deity except Him...

Hi capeolive,

I have been away for a wile.
I needed a lot of time to catch up
with all posts.
But I was looking for good news from you!
I was soooo happy when I saw that
your family got visas.
So great!!!!! Congratulations!!!
Amazing, finally!!!!!
But never forget that good things
happened to good people!!!

I am really happy for you and your family!
I wish you all the best and hope that new status
will bring you happiness.

And once more thank you for being here for all of us!
You will always have my best!