• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

My power was restored. I am back in business.

It is interesting how we take things for granted
we understand the value when we lose them...

Hi friends,

There has been a power outage due to some big storms where
I live since yesterday. They say it is going to take several more
days. I am trying to find some alternatives to have internet
connection but it is not easy. Even the libraries are shot down.
So, I may not be around often until the power is stored back.
You guys have my best wishes and prayers...

Hi sagarghimire,

Similar numbers for Asia was current
in 2010 in June, in 2009 in May, in 2008 in August.
Let's take June as a sample. If your number becomes
current in June and you are doing AOS you can apply
around April 10. If you are doing CP you will be interviewed
at a US Embassy in June. There are things needs to be done
in advance though...

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html

Yes, me from asia. How do I know my case number is current? Please help. AS00018*** is my case number. Thanks for any information.

Hi sagarghimire,

I haven't heard about any emails but you should receive a notification letter
from Kentucky Consular Center which reads approximately as follows:

U.S. Department of State
Kentucky Consular Center
3505 North Highway 25W
Williamsburg KY 40769
U.S.A.

Bar Code

Dear FIRST NAME LAST NAME:

You are among those randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa program for the fiscal
year 2011 (October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011). Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa
because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available. Please retain this letter and
take it with you to your visa interview.

Continues and ends with case number , name, category, country, post...

Hi Everybody, I was notified by email that my DOS letter of notification for DV-2011 winner was returned (in US). However,I was provided my case number in that email. Do you think the this email notification is legitimate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everybody, I was notified by email that my DOS letter of notification for DV-2011 winner was returned (in US). However,I was provided my case number in that email. Do you think the this email notification is legitimate?

I haven't heard of it either. Beginning July 1st, you can also check to see if you actually won or not (provided you have the confirmation number from entering DV lottery) by going to the DOS website, which I included below. I hope it is real. Good Luck!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

O, familiar place!!! New one, hopefully you will not disappear from this forum. Your help will be appreciated!!!! I am facing the same process, in the same office…:)

Hi mechta,
I'll be here by the end of the fiscal year.
I will help however I can!
Read this thread from the first page.
That is the only thread I read.
Everything you can find on it.
Feel free to ask!!!
Good luck!!!

Hi mechta,
I'll be here by the end of the fiscal year.
I will help however I can!
Read this thread from the first page.
That is the only thread I read.
Everything you can find on it.
Feel free to ask!!!
Good luck!!!

Thank you very much, New one!!!!! I am already at the 82nd page of this thread, and it is extremely helpful; however, some questions can appear anyway…Thank you one more time!!!!

There's not that much to it. All it needs to be is on a company paper (with letterhead/name of the company at the top). It needs to say the date you were hired/will be hired, how valuable you are to the company/qualifications, duties you will be performing, as well as asking the immigration to help you obtain your green card/work visa, whatever it is that you are applying for. At the end, make sure the owner/manager leaves the name, contact number, date and sign the paper and VOILA.
Good luck.

Norkira, thank you very much!!!!! WOW,I am surprised you got your green card without an interview!!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!! BTW, Did you include any affidavit of support in your AOS package? Or may be an employment letter?

Hi friends,

There has been a power outage due to some big storms where
I live since yesterday. They say it is going to take several more
days. I am trying to find some alternatives to have internet
connection but it is not easy. Even the libraries are shot down.
So, I may not be around often until the power is stored back.
You guys have my best wishes and prayers...

We might live close. We got the power back on today but not Internet connection yet. Sorry I'm off (writing from my cell now). I hope to be back soon.

We might live close. We got the power back on today but not Internet connection yet. Sorry I'm off (writing from my cell now). I hope to be back soon.

Capeolive, New one, Summet, Norkira, I2009, Izzy120 you guys create so positive and special atmosphere here!!!!!!! It is so great to feel your support!!!!!!!!Thank you guys for your help!!!!

Capeolive, New one, Summet, Norkira, I2009, Izzy120 you guys create so positive and special atmosphere here!!!!!!! It is so great to feel your support!!!!!!!!Thank you guys for your help!!!!

Despite all the issues like power outages, confusion with gender, and tackling greedy lawyers...yes you are right, this forum is a special place full of support and honesty.

PS: I am glad not seeing Summet's anxious posts lately...relax now...you deserve it for yourself.

My situation is almost the same and I am having high hope on my case to be approved and I am always greatful to all the members in this forum bing with me the whole time.
Now that's the way to go! I am sure all your hard work will pay off in the end and you have the support, prayers and good wishes of great people on this forum.

I am not surprised about how this lawyer turned out as I have had a sour experience myself with one of the best lawyers in the US. I won't say who it is but they are based in MD...(wink wink). They made some stupid mistakes and we didn't realize it until later (who would have known as they were supposedly one of the best lawyers!!!) and when we pointed that out, they said we needed to get another paid consultation and pay lawyer fees again to have this sorted out...all they cared about was the $$$...go figure!!!

Anyway, it is great that you have taken control of this. Be confident, positive and be prepared. You will come out with flying colors!!!

I did thought the same thing but boy or a girl all the members here know how to get things done and great source of support and inspiration.
I didn't know new one was a girl...All this time, I was referring to her as a "he" :p...Girl or boy, you guys are all awesome!!! :D

You will never get a email from KCC instead of the mail..any thing in email cannot be considered legimate so u better be calling KCC and inquire about it.

You are right Izzy120. I am just trying to cool down a little bit, this past month has been hell to me. And you all know the reason why. For now, I am spending more time at school, which i screwed really bad last month and other than that being online in this forum checking the updates and trying to help others from what I have learned.
Guys just today I realised that This is gonig to be my 153 post in this forum, so U all can see how anxious I was about my case..
P.s. : Million$$$$ suggestion any one going for the dv"dont hire lawyer"
Despite all the issues like power outages, confusion with gender, and tackling greedy lawyers...yes you are right, this forum is a special place full of support and honesty.

PS: I am glad not seeing Summet's anxious posts lately...relax now...you deserve it for yourself.

Hi mechta,

Welcome to the forum. I was about the suggest you to add a signature.
But I see that you did it already. So, you are one of the lucky ones with
only a 3 digit number. Make sure everything is ready and send in your
application on October 1, 2010. Good luck...

Hi Summet,

Everything will be alright. Don't worry, keep up the good work.

By the way, I like your "million dollar suggestion". They deserve it. (Not all of them, though)

You are right Izzy120. I am just trying to cool down a little bit, this past month has been hell to me. And you all know the reason why. For now, I am spending more time at school, which i screwed really bad last month and other than that being online in this forum checking the updates and trying to help others from what I have learned.
Guys just today I realised that This is gonig to be my 153 post in this forum, so U all can see how anxious I was about my case..
P.s. : Million$$$$ suggestion any one going for the dv"dont hire lawyer"